Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Goddess of Strife and Discord, constant companion and sometime consort to Ares. She is a fickle, chaotic Goddess of Bedlam whose greatest passion is the sowing of dissention and turmoil. A suitably disjointed scent, bursting with gleeful mayhem: wet fruits and sharp mimosa with Martial spices and a deceptive flash of floral.

For my taste - too fruity. reminds me of rubber candy

In the bottle: Wet fruits. Berries, I think. Maybe some apple in there, too.

Wet on skin: Spicy fruits, like a mulled wine, almost.

Drydown (3 minutes): Still spicy fruits, though I can smell a little bit of a floral background.

Drydown (5 minutes): A little more flowery now, but still pretty fruity.

Overall impression: I absolutely love Eris. This was the first scent that got discontinued that upset me when I found out about it. It kinda turns metallic on my wrists over the course of the day, but I find that I like that. It's a very red scent, almost pulsing. I will be hoarding any imps of this that I can get ahold of.

Wet: Very light, candied fruits... with something a bit powdery. I wish this was stronger so I could smell it better!

Dry: Unfortunately, my skin ate this. A bit disappointing... based on the description, this had potential! :(

1/5

I had the questionable honor to come across Eris before. It smelled of well, poo that time, floral poo though. Maybe I'll have a better experience with this imp.

Wet: Cat poo. :ugh: Must. Resist. Urge. To. Wash. Off.

Dry: Still a hint of feline incontinence in the background. But the other notes are trying really hard to cover that up with smooth almost vanilla-like fruits. To no avail, really. This is just not for me.

Bad kitty! :nono:

I've had my bottle forever, or at least for maybe six years worth of forever. I didn't even know it was discontinued until I decided to write a review for it.

It's fruit with substance. Juicy, sprawling, and sort of resiny. The fruits are very sweet, syrupy, and thick. Like jelly on top of incense. It's not spicy (insert abject gratefulness here) but there's a lot of depth underneath and just a gorgeous mellowness that plays out like skin musk. I never get any sense of a floral in here. Granted my bottle is old but I don't remember ever getting florals from this one. I love how it dies out into a sweet musky dryness. I only wear this once in awhile because it's not a type of fragrance I tend to wear often but it was one of my first bpal purchases and I've always had it in some type of rotation.

This imp is old.

In the bottle: Bubblegum cat poo?

On my skin: Cat poo and baby wipes? Strange. There is a little something that smells like cat poo (something floral) but the rest of it tries to be pleasant so far. Let's see how it goes. A few minutes later it settles down better to a strong flower note that I can't identify but smells familiar (and reminds me of baby wipes).

Drydown: This floral note that I can't place ( which might be a blend of notes for all I know XD). Maybe it's the mimosa? I don't know.

Edited by Kashi

Starts out with strong mimosa which almost reads as yang yang on my skin. The floral and the spices blend so seamlessly into this it's hard to decipher individual notes. There's an almost commercial perfume quality to this along and it even reminds me of a more grown-up jester. It's a shame this one was discontinued, I feel like it's one of those hidden gems.

This smells like a really complex Jolly Rancher. Candied raspberry or pomegranate...wet and red and sweet. Weird, but pretty.

Edited by savage_rose

Fruity! And sweet. Like fruit candy. I kind of agree with the Jolly Rancher comparison. It's nice, but then it turns plastic on my skin, as many of these types of scents do. I'll pass it on to someone who might love it better.

I got an imp of this recently and I love it so much. Sinister fruits, very very sweet like candy. As it starts to dry down it still smells the sinister sweet, as I wear it through the day it turns to a spicy floral. Its lovely and I'm so sad it was discontinued long ago.

In the imp: This makes me think of watermelon Jolly Ranchers. I can also smell some mimosa.

Wet: Yep, watermelon candy and mimosa.

Dry: The mimosa is stronger during this phase, but the watermelon candy vibe hasn't gone away.

After a while, it smells like a mix between watermelon Jolly Ranchers and apple ones.

Verdict: Aww, I was hoping this would feature a golden apple note! This one was too candy-like on me, and I don't even like watermelon-flavored candy, so I won't be holding on to this imp. I'm glad I got a chance to try it, though!

LIP SMACKERS! I've tried this twice now and everytime I am taken back to shoplifting those lip balms at Kohl's as a kid. Sweet, fruity, plasticky. I'll pass this on to someone else, but I got a good laugh!