Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lucretia

Verdandi

Deep herbs and apple with black amber.

In the imp: Apple, then herbs. The amber note is lingering in the background.

Wet: The apple note is the most prominent note at first. It's a soft apple, and it reads as a yellow apple (like a Golden Delicious) to my nose. It is not tart whatsoever. The herbs begin to emerge as the scent unravels on my skin, but the apple note still dominates the scent and becomes a little juicier over time. The amber note starts to peek out as the scent dries down and adds a warmth to the scent.

Dry: The apple is still present, but the amber note is a lot stronger during this phase (but not quite as strong as the apple note). The herbs feel like a bundle of dry herbs (similar to something like the herbs found in the Trading Post's On Halloween atmosphere spray, I think).

Verdict: I really love apple scents, but I already have so many that I feel like I have to be more selective now about which ones should be upgraded to bottles. I love Norse mythology, but I already have an apple + resin scent (Faces Cleaving Each to Each), so I think I'll just hold onto the imp and see how often I use it before deciding. But I do enjoy this more than Sjöfn (which I bought a blind bottle of before imps were made available for the scent).

I have really bad luck with apple. I love it, but it disappears really quickly on me. I am still looking for an apple that will stick around!

Wet: This apple is lovely. It smells to me more like a cooked apple than a fresh one, or maybe dried. It's quite sweet. I really like whatever the herbs are underneath, though I can't identify them , and the combo with the amber is gorgeous.

Dry: Well, I have finally found an apple that sticks around! And it's quite lovely with the amber. Problem is, I am now not sure that I actually WANT an apple perfume.....lol. I will have to take it for a full-day spin and see how I feel about wearing it.

This is sophisticated apple! It's apple when wet, but the herbs and amber come out to play fairly quickly. I love apple, and I admittedly loved BB&W's Country Apple growing up, so it's nice to smell apple in a sophisticated way like this. This is going in my BPAL apple collection!

I have tested two imps--one a forum purchase, age unknown, and one a frimp freshly delivered from a BPTP order.

In the imp, apple and amber.

Wet, a lovely sweet apple supported by sweet, resinous amber. with some intriguing, spicy notes that seemed almost more like faint cinnamon than herbs. Maybe a scented basil? I didn't notice the honey as a separate note.

Dry on my skin, it was very much the same; warm and sweet and lovely.

And Then...Verdandi vanished. Nowhere to be found after 3 1/2 hours. My skin ate it all up, even the amber, which usually stays around for me.

Super lovely, but I'm not going to buy a bottle.

Wand: Deep, smooth apple and something warm brown and a little creamy, like a caramel or fig.

Wet: I'm getting primarily this figgy caramel on my skin, with apple behind it, like a caramel-coated apple. This is not a tart apple. There's a trace herbaceous smell that grows as this dries. It's pretty. Lemon basil?

Dry: There's such a mellow warmth in this scent, and that comes out more with the amber as it dries.

This is a green scent, which usually makes me think spring or summer, but this smells more matured and sophisticated. Apples are also fall-like, and this should be a great scent for (anytime, really, but especially) the fall. This will be a bottle for me.

I find this asbsolutely LOVELY in the imp. Getting slight blue lollipops and sugar plum fairy vibes from this. Once on my skin it morphs, and the sweeter notes sorta fade and make place for a lot of apple. The other notes are besides noticeable kindof indistinguishable, or rather, not as easy to pick apart as it could, but it works. They add a certain mystery to this, a certain darkness like a veil of smoke.
Is it blasphemy to call this the spring version of samhain?

Edited by Cali

Oh yes. This smells like apples both initially and as it dries. Very crisp. It's like the end of the last really cold spell of the year, as the weather starts to turns. Clean and sweet, with a very light herbal scent. The apples are where it's at.

It's like a mulled spice apple. It smells very wintery to my nose. Like an apple pie that was made with mulled apples, because I definitely smell something like a pie crust right out of the oven. I'm not crazy about apple and I don't like smelling like a baked good, so I'm going to pass on this.

Feels more like apple blossom than apples.  The apple note has a dryness to it.  The herbs also strike me as dried herbs.  Really quite dry overall, like a powdered cider mix.  As others have mentioned, I could swear that there was a shampoo or something that smelled just like this but I don't remember what it was called.

Shampoo or no, the scent is warm and inviting, and I would go as far as to say it might make a better room scent than a perfume.  I'm a person who prefers to wear "juicier" scents though, so YMMV.

In the bottle: Fruity, apple, green and a bit woody. Reminds me of Yew Trees.

Wet: Like a fresh green apple, accompanied by sweet green herbs.

Dry: The apple has died down and the herbs have come to the fore. The apple is fresh but not foody like apple pie, instead it's much more vegetal and uncooked.

After a few minutes: Fresh peppery herbs and mildly sweet apple. It definitely has similarities to Yew Trees.

After first hour: Gentle powdery, sweet, and green. But not sugary, or confectionary sweet, more of a fresh herbal sweet.

After two and a half hours: Sweet powdery green. Ah, it's the amber, I forgot about the amber. I love me some incensey resins.

After 5 hours: Faint resin and green.

Final verdict: This is so good, I need to stop falling in love with everything I test.