Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
phaedrine

Skuld

Ylang ylang, honey, Egyptian and Arabian musks and labdanum.

Hmmm. I'm trying so hard to like this. Sometimes, it's sweet musky honey with soft florals in the background and is very nice. Most of the time, though, I smell grape. Grape koolaid, to be precise. I may have to swap this if my skin and I can't get over the grape.

In the imp, this smells like honey.

On, I can smell the honey, but I also get a berry note, musk, and something very earthy. There is a sweet wood note here too, it really grounds the blend. The ylang-ylang is a good floral for me, it doesn't go crazy overpowering the blend or give me a headache. And in this blend it is very light, the honey brings out its sweetness.

I like this, it will be wonderful this summer. :P

In bottle: Yummy yummy honey. If I roll the bottle before opening it, the spices come out wonderfully. Honey always smells very sexual to me, sweet with a little bit of naughty. And I do love ylang ylang so.

Wet: Oh Skuld, I love you so very much on my skin. You smell like spicy honey and you make me want run away to the beach. The combo of ylang ylang and honey is amazing.

Dry: Hubby's not so hot on this...but he doesn't always get a vote in how I smell :P...especially when I love it as much as I love this scent. Spicy honey with good staying power. Sometimes I put it on before bed just so I can smell it all night.

Edited by gangstaknitta

Skuld smells slightly of cherry when first applied, but then I realize it's just the honey. After just a few seconds, the smell of labdanum makes itself present. I can smell a faint floral. The blend overall smells powdery. I would recommend this to someone who likes O, or wanted something similar to O without the amber.

Sweet. Very sweet. the ylang-ylang makes its presence felt early on so it becomes sweet AND briefly floral, but mostly sweet.

Then it develops into a a lovely skin scent that lasts and lasts. A golden, honeyed scent that lingers around you like a cloud of sweetness.

I applied it at 8.00am and I can still smell it at 8pm. Admittedly I have to sniff my wrist, but it's still there.

It smells of ripe fruit at first and then dries down to a light almost lily smell. Not what I was expecting. I thought it would be stronger because of the notes and I have no idea where the fruit note in coming from, unless it is the honey.

It's ok. I am trading the imp I got and wouldn't buy a bottle of it. Skuld to me is much more powerful than this.

Skuld is a nice scent. It's quite sweet, and on me strong for about 3 hours before it almost completely fades. I do get the grape soda-ness of it for the first hour but happily it fades quickly.

Overall it's a nice scent, one I'll probably keep (unless someone offers me something better!) although I doubt I'll wear it often.

Oro

I definitely get a strong fruit vibe from Skuld. It really blends nicely with the resinous honey basenotes. The scent dries to be sort of tangy, with darker honey notes. I agree that it's very like wearing an orange-blossom honey as perfume.

Glorious!

In the bottle: Honey fruit?

First on: Interesting. Smells of plumy-grape stuff with a sweet overtone. Very berry like.

After an hour: The musks & ylang ylang have come out. I really like it, which is very surprising because I hate honey on me. It's like a sweet musk with the fruit notes coming out every now and then. Definitely keeping this one.

Cherries? That's what I'm smelling. Cherry. Sticky cherry lollipops. This is a very juicy, RED scent. Something bubbly in the background (reminds me of cola but this does not smell like a cherry coke if that makes any sense).

Now that I've read the Lab's description, I don't detect any of the notes specified, but the sweetness has mellowed and this is a bright, happy, scent. .

As it dries down even more, it becomes irrisistable. The musk is making its way to the foreground and keeps this scent from being totally fruity. I can't stop smelling my wrists! I'm reminded of dizzy, intoxicating new love and endless open-mouthed kisses....

This is delightful.

Sweet, spiced honey at first, with the ylang-ylang floral edge. Syrupy. Exotic and sweet, with not-too-aggressive musks on drydown. Weirds out a bit on me when stale.

I love this, though. I totally snagged a 10 mL from a forumite because I was too impatient for my 5 mL order! :P

I fell in love with Urd so I thought I would give its cousin a try.

Wet it smelled of honey with a twist. I am not sure what ylang ylang smells like, so I cant pick it out. I know it is in many scents but I need to get a sample just to be sure.

Dry...smells like grapes. Spefically like a very dry wine.

Verdict...not diggin this one at all. Off to the swap pile.

Wet it's ylang-ylang and honey, a nice couple indeed.

Dry the musk comes out.

Floral and juicy. This is a strong and sweet blend.

In Bottle: Ylang ylang and honey

On Skin: The Ylang ylang stands out a bit too much in this one for me. I was hoping it would be more of a honey scent. The musks give a nice depth and sexiness to the scent and the sweet amberish scent of the labdanum is interesting as well. A very pretty, feminine scent that I wish had more honey in it. I did get a 5ml and I might experiment with layering it over “O”.

In bottle: Very musky and sweet syrupy honey. There's a fruity, almost berry-like note here, but I suppose that may be labdanum, which I am unfamiliar with.

On me: Ylang ylang's rather muted in this blend, but the honey's quite strong. Very pretty. It's like a very heavily floral bottle of honey, but without the stickiness. This dries into a very light, subtle fragrance that turns heads. A customer at work asked, "What is that awesome smell?" but she just couldn't figure out what it was.

Skuld

In the imp: sweet honey nectar. This is the same honey from the Honey SN, with a floral sweetness added-no doubt the ylang ylang.

Wet on skin: oh wow, honey is amping up! This reminds me of O or Jezebel, only this time with ylang-and I think I can just make out some musk, but it's predominantly honey.

Dry on skin: I think the labdanum is giving this a lovely, resinous aspect, adding depth to the honey. And oh my, who's this? Egyptian musk has come out to play, I think! Or is it Arabian musk? Probably both- under the ylang and honey, there's a gorgeous, gorgeous, sweet musky scent.

After a while: the notes seem to settle down nicely. Honey and musk are the prominent notes here-and they go together surprisingly well. It's like a coating of wildflower honey with musk beneath it. It's even got a slight fruitiness.

Verdict: another lovely honey blend! this has the same note from O and Jezebel and Honey SN, but with a wonderful, soft musk underneath. Ylang ylang adds a slight floral touch, and labdanum deepens the honey. The more I smell, the more I love this scent-I adore the musk which gives this such an exotic touch. I may get a big bottle of this.

Wet - rich, golden honey. Ahhh, this is delicious!

Dry - Honey is still the primary note, with musk right behind it. The ylang ylang is very subtle, which is good because it can be too sweet on me. About an hour later the musk starts to go funky on me. Argh, I was worried about that. Most musks work on me, but some, notably black musk, don't. This was beautiful right up until it went all funky.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 3.

I'm a sucker for Beth's honey notes/blends :P

In the imp/just applied, I get something similar to Snake Oil and Scherezade...A good thing, and no surprise. The honey is a bit light but definitely there, and definitely lovely! Drydown, stays pretty true to in the imp. I get a bit of a medicinal thing going on for about five minutes(labdanum?), but fortunately, it's light and doesn't stick around long.

Creamy, slightly sweet honey and voluptuous musks. Nice throw and lasts all day/overnight. Glad I've got a bottle on the way!!

Hubby tends to be really sensitive to(and picky about), most perfumes, including BPAL. With Skuld, "You smell really good! What are you wearing?" :D

smells what i would imagine the color purple to smell like... :D

and no, not lilac or grape or anything like that...just "purple".....

itz not changing so much.....perhaps warming up ever so gently.... :D

uhhhhhhhmmmm.... i dunno...

a tad more florally now but something "not quite right" with my chemistry......

:P ... it somehow reminds me of those toidy cakes they place in public restrooms..... :D

so sorry lab.....my chemistry just runs amuck with this one.....boo/hiss/boo/hiss :D

I swapped for this on a whim, and I'm glad I did.

In the vial: Menthol? Black pepper? Carnation? There's something spicey nose-opening in this that I think I've smelled before (perhaps in my CT2), and it's all that's really coming off the wand to meet me, while the honey and something sweet-fruit hang back scuffing their toes and pretending not to see me.

Wet: My partner says "cough drops." I bet that's the same nose-opening note that's got me in a pickle. It's not listed on the notes, unless this is the labdanum. The honey's coming out more, and again that fruity smell lingers underneath. Is the spice the labdanum? My later feelings suggest no, it's something else.

Drydown: :P :D! A little musk making the whole thing feel more adult, plus the warming top breeze of whatever that spice is, and the super-sweet smell of honey that would make me feel a bit too over-sucrosed if it weren't for the spicey. The spice has matured and seems darker -- pale brown rather than green-grey-white [sometimes when I write these reviews, I wonder if I have a touch of the synaesthesia].

And now the labdanum seems to have matured, too: it's not fruit any more, but a very subtle fruit-floral that I'm liking even though florals make me go :D. No longer will I wonder what labdanum smells like!

But I will puzzle over what the peppery-carnation-cinnamon-menthol-makes-your-nose-feel-'cold' note is. Curious!

6 hours later: The last gasp of the spice, and the honey that's still hanging on with sticky little honey claws. I imagine the dying stages of this scent is what the Honey SN smelt like -- so now I don't have to swap for it, aha!

Overall: I'm keeping my imp. I need to smell-test this against O, because having more than one honey-based scent in my collection will cause me no end of dithering in the mornings. Right now, I prefer this to O because it's not so sweet (and yet, not so sexy -- that's the power of names for you), but I haven't tried O in a long time and I may be misremembering its sweetness.

If I wear this a lot in the next month or so, I'll get myself a 5ml; otherwise, the imp will last me.

Oh, this is pretty - warm, spicy, generally very lovely. But just not for me. The honey is very nice, but I'm wondering if honey is the scent for me in general. If you want something honey-like and musky, this is for you.

skuld.jpg

Much sweeter and prettier than the other two Norns, Skuld is rather grape-like to me, as other people have remarked. It is honeyed and I do smell the ylang in it. It is a very pretty fragrance, warm rather than cool. It lasts a pretty long time but I think you will have to reapply it about once an hour.

Skuld is an example of exactly why the Lab gives out frimps. It was on my wishlist (as is pretty much everything with honey notes) but had never really caught my eye as a must order...

I need a bottle of this. Probably with my next order. This is amazing.

I tried Skuld today because it floated to he top of the nest of to be tried imps...when I sniffed it, it was heavy and sweet and resiny, but no so much that I thought it would be too much for a hot August day.

I actually did not pick out a single note in trying to gander what was in this...I knew it had to be something rich, and I am getting some of the slight wine note that others have mentiond, but not enough that I can't wear it, thankfully.

It seems to be staying pretty static on my skin, but I have noticed a tendancy for my skin to amp up musk notes after a few hours, so it will be interesting to see what this does this evening...

In the meantime, I feel like a temple goddess. This is really a wonderful potion...

Wow, Skuld was not at the top of my list because ylang ylang is my mortal enemy. But I got this one as a freebie and thought I would give it a proper try. And it's wonderful! The ylang ylang only lasts a minute or so on my skin and then it's all honey and musks.

It's definitely in the same vein as O and La Petite Mort, and has the same raw, sexual edge to it. But Skuld is sweeter and is more about the honey than the 'honey', if you know what I mean.

I will definitely be using up the imp and after my Honey Moon is gone, this might be my honey blend of choice.

Skuld would be an amazing blend for anyone looking for a honey scent. A nice golden, slightly floral, completely drizzled in honey scent. I feel like an oddity of nature because I don't like honey. I don't like the taste or the smell of it. This does remind me a bit of Honey Moon. It's more of a pure honey blend than anything else that I've tried.

I had to wash it off... bleh... I just don't like that sickeningly sweet smell.