Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
phaedrine

Skuld

Ylang ylang, honey, Egyptian and Arabian musks and labdanum.

In Imp: Amber color with red floaties. This is the first vial I have ever had that wasn’t clear. Grape sweet-tarts.

Wet: Grape nerds with a bit of a poop smell?

Dry: Poop smell is getting stronger. Then, hints of jasmine? Grape eventually turns musky, but I now smell sweet tarts.

Later: Ends on a chocolate note.

In the imp I could smell honey, with just a whisper of something floral.

On wet I was still getting a lot of honey, but with more of the floral notes. Here I had hope.

Dry, hope was gone. A cloying mess of honey and grape. It gave me a headache and I gave the imp to my roommate. It works on her however, a honey-sweet floral with a little backbone.

Labdanum is not a scent my skin seems to like, it seems to amp it. I smell the honey and ylang ylang and the musks, but then the labdanum keeps sneaking in and making this so weird on me.

In the 90's I went to Toronto with my family and saw Sephora for the first time, and they had an in house line of bath products and I bought a little "goblin squirt" of their "honey" and this is EXACTLY what this smells like---rich, deep, honey with a touch of musk and berry. Delightful! I amp honey so it's a good think I like it, because this is very clover-honey-ish. A great festival scent.

In the imp, it was almost cloyingly sticky sweet. Wet on my skin, the sticky-sweetness changed to something stale and musty, and I was strongly tempted to wash Skuld right off. But I reminded myself that I was testing and persevered, and within ten minutes, the stale mustiness had disappeared to be replaced by a delicious sweet and heady ylang-ylang & honey blend that smells like masses and masses of honeysuckle on a warm spring/summer day. Either it doesn't have much throw, or my girlfriend has a cold or something, because I could smell it all over myself in wafts of honeysuckle deliciousness, but she swore she could't smell anything even with her nose right next to my skin.

Two hours on, it has pretty much stayed sweet honeysuckle without much morphing (except for the musk finally starting to emerge a bit), but has faded to be much closer to my skin.

I don't know that I need a bottle, but I'm definitely keeping the imp.

Edited by Elspethdixon

Wet: In the imp, and on wet, this is a millions times too sweet and cloying for me, and that's saying a lot, because I like sweet scents. I have never really been able to pick out ylang ylang before, but I am pretty sure that is what I am smelling. It smells just like a candle I used to have. Maybe the honey is coming across more like beeswax here. It's settling a bit, and I do find it comforting (I so loved that candle!) but it's still too sweet, and not the heady sexy honey and musk I had hoped for.

Dry: The ylang ylang disappears, and it's all really sweet honey. It's nice, but there are other honey blends I like better. I had hoped the musk would shine equally, as honey and musk is a combo I adore.

The opening is very sweet, feels almost berry-like to me. Ylang ylang+honey, I suppose. I'd have never expected this effect from the notes. The sweetness lessens gradually into...still sweet but without juiciness. Not very long-lasting on me, probably thanks to my skin's musk-eating tendencies.

This is everything I had no idea I needed in a very feminine scent. I find it sweet, a little musky, just enough to ground it a bit and more floral than most scents I like. I don't usually go for florals but I do like ylang ylang. The honey is that from O, it keeps the ylang ylang from being too heady or overpowering. I get no labdanum at all, which for me is a good thing. To begin with it has a burst of throw but then settles in nice and close as a wonderful second skin. It loves me as I love it. I applied about 5 hrs ago, I can smell it well on my clothes but I do have to snurfle in close to smell it on my wrist now, however when I put some on last night I could still smell it in the morning, it may well have washed off more than I thought when I did some dishes.

My imp of Skuld is a very old one, so it might be a bit different from a newer one.

To me, Skuld was almost entirely a one-note honey. The floral vaguely attempts to peak through, but barely does.

Overall just not that interesting, I have other honey scents I prefer more.

Alright, weird, but on application this reminds me of a tiny basket that I was gifted as a child that had peanuts in them but it smelt sweet. Huh.

I am getting a good mix of all the notes listed, don't get me wrong but I can't shake off that weird scent from my childhood.. Not for me, but interesting!

In the imp: Lots of ylang ylang, honey, and grape-y musk.

Wet: Same. The ylang ylang, honey, and grape-y musk are really strong.

Dry: The grape musk has taken over. I still get a lot of honey and some ylang ylang when I sniff up close, but the throw on this is all about the grape musk.

Verdict: I can't stand artificial grape, and that's what the musk in this reminds me of. I was looking forward to trying this one because NORSE MYTHOLOGY, but alas, Skuld is not for me.

In the imp: Mostly labdanum, though I can detect ylang ylang and musk as well. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's mostly labdanum and honey. As it dries, labdanum fades from the forefront, though it doesn't disappear completely, allowing the honey and ylang ylang more prominence. Once it settles, the musk also comes out, softening the scent overall -- especially the verging-on-cloying that is the combination of labdanum, honey, and ylang ylang on me. That said, in doing so, the scent itself also becomes much quieter and closer in toward my skin. 

Huh. Once this completely settles on me, the musks and the ylang ylang all but disappear on me, and I'm left with a scent that's very, very close to this year's Luper Honey and Sweet Labdanum. I do like that one quite a lot, but with a bottle of it already in my collection, I kind of wonder if that niche in my scent needs is already filled. Still I'm likely to wear it whenever it comes into rotation (and my swap box is already pretty full!), so I think I'll use up this imp.