Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
phaedrine

Skuld

Ylang ylang, honey, Egyptian and Arabian musks and labdanum.

imp: ylang ylang and honey... and something grapey?

wet: whoa! that is some seriously strong scent! the honey and ylang ylang go right up my nose, the honey now smells more like honeycomb or beeswax. this is tremendously strong.

dry: this is more musky honey once dry. this is incredibly strong even when dry.

Hmm. Sounds like it could be interesting.

In imp: Strong baby powder scent. Ugh. I hope it improves or my nose is just off.

Wet: There's a weird top note I don't like, but everything else is nice. Labdanum? Are you the culprit?

Dry: Ooh. There's the honey, and the musk. And the ylang ylang. They play nicely together. Mmm.

Verdict: I like it, quite a bit more than I thought I would, or thought I did originally. I'm keeping this one.

It smells really sweet...like a clover honey single note. I think the musk powders out a bit. Not bad, but I'm not THAT much of a honey scent fan. And it fades really quickly.

In imp - Ooh. Ylang ylang + honey = sweeeet. Like call the dentist sweet.

On, wet – pretty much the same. I do detect a soft, resinous warmth in the background, which nicely gains depth as it dries. I’m pretty sure I’ve smelled an ylang ylang incense that smelled just like this. I think it’s too sweet to wear, though. After a long time, it smells much like the sweet, incensey afterglow of Les Bijoux on me…. Not a bad thing.

Ohhh this one is very nice. Smells like a honeyed tropical flower. Reminds me of Hawaii a little bit. This is a very relaxing scent. Would get a big bottle!

On first sniff - how can this smell so grapey with no grapes or berries listed in the notes?

It's grapey and sweet and has a bit of an exotic thing going on in the background. So very berry. After dry down the honey is the main note, but the musks and the ylang ylang are keeping it from being candyish or foody.

I love it. :P

wet/in the imp: i really loved this..then i put it on and it was a different story.

it didn't have a chance to dry, it instantly gave me a headache and i had to take it out of the locket and wash my wrists. it was sharp smelling. i think the ylang ylang/honey/labdanum combo doesn't work for me and it always turns into a terrible mess.

In the vial: Fruity sweet, but with a pleasantly acidic tang, Smells a lot like a really floral honey.

Wet: Very floral and still quite sweet. The floral has all the sweetness of jasmine but without the bitterness, or that other intensely strong element in jasmine that gives me a headache. The tang has been replaced by something warm, probably the musk. This one has potential.

Half an hour: Still honey-sweet over a layer of warm. The tang has come back a bit, though. I like it.

Three hours: Still quite noticeable, although the floral has faded more than the musk. It's a bit dryer now, too, which is what happens with musk on my skin after a few hours. I really like this one, with its slightly musky sweetness.

Five hours: An hour ago, my husband said to me "didn't we have an incense that smelled like that?" I think he's right: My old favorite Ganesh Number Two ("oils and spices") smelled a lot like the way this smells on me. This one is long-lasting, never headachy, sweet but not overpowering.

A golden, honeyed floral - like sniffing a real flower, over a base of musk.

Wet on skin: soft, golden honey and real flowers (as opposed to floral perfume).

Dry on skin: bright and soft, a little spicy, and the floral is sharp. Not really getting the musks.

In The Bottle

Musk, ylang ylang

On Application

This has got the Arabian musk that I love so much.

Dry Down

The ylang ylang emerges early on sweetened by the honey and the musks give a nice roundness to this. I find ylang ylang difficult but so far so good. It started off so well but this is a miss for me.

Rating (0-5)

I was so excited to try this one. However, I am starting to truly believe that amber is my enemy and aparrently so is laundanum. In the bottle is smells like beautiful egyptian musk. However from wet to dry down I get this weird rubber, cleaner smell. Maybe its the laudanum. And I don't get any honey! How odd. Oh well que sera sera! Off to swaps!

Edited by Dark Alice

I've had this imp for a long time- I'm certain it was included in my very first swap. Not sure why I haven't tried it yet.

In the imp: honeyed grape. Definitely a sweet but sharp fruity note.

On skin, wet: honey and ylang-ylang.

On skin, dry: Honey and musk. The musk is really amping on my skin, which is unusual for me- musk usually likes to hide.

Very nice scent, but it also fades very quickly, which is a shame.

I don't know if it's the ylang ylang or the labdunum but this is disgusting; something rotted and died on my arm; rank and dark. Ew. Must wash.

in the imp: sweet, musky and a bit spicy.

wet on skin: same. the labdanum, as often does on my skin, id emitting a vague grape-kool-aide scent. not unpleasant, but definitely...kool aide. :D

dry down: the musk comes out, but that slight persistent grape-ness has remained.

in all: for someone else, this may just be the musk they've been searching for. on me? not so much. :P

In the imp: Ylang ylang with honey and musk.

Wet: Sweet honey and ylang ylang with a spicy undertone.

Dry: The spicy overtone is stronger now and the honey is on the edge of this scent along with floral notes.

Overall: I got this as a frimp and I actually like it a lot. I know I probably wouldn't have chosen this scent because of the honey, but I'm glad I got it. :P

In the vial: Sweet, warm, wet, with a touch of floral that tends towards golden fruitiness. It's lovely.

On me: The fruitiness is more prominent (though still a minor component), and I think it's along the line of a white grape. At its heart, however, the floral is the star: golden and slightly tropical, it's definitely ylang ylang, giving the scent a perfumey edge. Beneath that, the scent is warm and golden, sticky, palpable—a very physical, bodily scent full of resin and honey. I don't get much in the way of musk. Color is pinkish gold; throw is moderate to high.

Verdict: This is a lovely scent, a wonderful match to "being"—it's sweet, golden, and very physical, in the line of O but with a more solid and less powdery resin. But I'm sad to see the ylang ylang amp so much, simply because florals aren't my thing. Where that aspect more subdued, I would love this scent; as it is, it's just too flowery and perfumey for my tastes. I'll trade away my imp.

In the bottle – Sweet honey, sharp ylang-ylang and smooth musks

Wet on me – Surprisingly faint, just the faintest sliver of honey

Dry on me – A very, very faint hint of honey

Overall – It was pleasant enough and I was glad to escape the ylang-ylang, but it was so faint as to hardly exist

In the imp: Honey and ylang-ylang, with labdanum and maybe a hint of spicy musk. It's surprisingly warm and exotic--sweet, but not as heavy and thick as some honey blends can be. The ylang-ylang adds a floral touch without making this a genuine floral. Very pretty and softly sensual with an almost fruity or bubblegum aspect.

On, wet: YLANG-YLANG. Oh, and some musk and labdanum. But the ylang-ylang is loud and clear at this stage, and the honey is much fainter—unusual, because honey usually loves my skin. It's still very sensual, but much more floral now, with an undertone of musk. Thankfully, I like ylang-ylang, and it's not amping so much that it drowns out the other notes. However, this is powerful stuff, and I'm afraid I'm leaving a cloud of ylang-ylang wherever I go.

On, dry: The honey came out again during the dry down, smooth and sweet, and now it's merged with the ylang-ylang to form a very sweet, honeyed floral over a base of the musks. There are faint touches of labdanum, but the ylang-ylang and honey are the heart of this. As far as color associations, this is a yellow fragrance to me, though I couldn't tell you why. It just is. :lol:

Later: Basically unchanged, although the ylang-ylang has died down a bit and allowed some of the labdanum to come through. The musks make this nice and warm and a bit exotic. It's surprisingly light now, given how strong it was initially.

Overall: This is one of the few ylang-ylang blends I've tried in which the ylang-ylang didn't burn off within minutes of application, so it gets extra points for that. It is very sweet, but surprisingly, it isn't really heavy, and the combination of musks, resin, honey and flowers actually comes out to a very smooth, sophisticated, quietly sensual scent. I wouldn't recommend it for those who hate ylang-ylang, because the first several minutes with are very strong, but otherwise it's quite nice. I might not rush to get a big bottle, but I'll definitely keep the imp.

I love this scent but it's one that I'll probably never wear outside the house since it turns to straight up honeyed sex on me. Very nice but also something to keep for myself and my husband. I'll likely end up with a bottle though. Naughty!

Wet, this smelled like sugary, sweet grape juice or cough syrup. As it dried, the ylang ylang came out more and mingled with the musk, making it a much more subdued smell. Dry, it turned a little powder-y, but not baby powder. A light, elegant slightly powdery floral, overall a very faint, light scent. I actually ended up liking this very much, though I'm not sure powdery-elegant is for me.

EDIT: Sweet grape powder, almost like Kool Aid mix but less sweet and more subdued, not for me.

Edited by delighted

Imp: Really sweet cough medicine

Wet: Less medicinal. Honey for sure. Some sort of very light floral.

Drydown: ...still medicinal. What's that odd grape smell I'm getting? It's not unpleasant, but it's definitely not what I thought it would be.

Overall: I'd rather not smell like Dimatap. Too bad, too. I love honey but this is not what I'm looking for