Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Northernminx

La Belle au Bois Dormant

The Sleeping Beauty. A gentle, lovely scent, slightly soporific, but beautiful in its quiet repose. Plumeria and white pear, Damascus rose, tuberose, magnolia and evening dew.

I can't pick out any notes in this. To me, it just smells soft and elegant and really really good. It smells like a bubble, sort of.. soft and round, no hard edges. I don't understand it.. but I like it a lot.

Gender neutral my eye! This is very womanly and perfumey. It smells like a perfume that my firend's mother wore when I was a child...Paris? Or maybe it was just from Paris...

It is pretty. Iiiiii, don't really do pretty.

This Belle is a sweet and crispy floral. Clear, clean...like white chiffon. It really is a beautiful blend, it is just so unlike anything that I wear.

First impression (smelling imp without looking at description): roses and some kind of fruit - apricot maybe?

*looks at description* Ah, it was pear!

On me: At first, the rose is a little too dominant for my tastes - my skin loves roses, but sadly, my nose does not. Then the fruity notes tame it down a little, making La Belle au Bois Dormant much better for me than a lot of rose blends. It's a fresh scent, and almost bubbly (I'm obviously not getting the soporific effects!) - I think it'd be nice for spring.

Final verdict: not an overwhelming favorite, but very nice.

Wet this is sweet fruit and florals. When first on this is a soft rose with something warm underneath. Has a misty, dewy quality like Moon Rose. After 30 minutes a pear note develops too. This is a pretty, feminine. Nice but only lasts a couple of hours on me.

La Belle au Bois Dormant

In the imp: a gorgeous, light, sweet and dewy floral.

Wet on skin: ohh, this is so lovely. It’s a delightful floral scent with a bit of pear.

Dry: now the rose comes out, adding depth to the scent. The magnolia, tuberose and plumeria are gorgeous here, with juicy pear notes and yes, a bit of dew. There’s a wonderful moistness to this scent, fresh and lightly watery. It’s not as sweet as it was when it was wet, there’s tartness to it now. This is another example of those lovely multi-faceted floral scents from the Lab, it’s not flat, and it has many sides to it.

After a while: I absolutely love the wafts of scent I’m getting from this-it has amazing throw, and the air around my wrist, quite far from it, has a sweet floral scent to it, light, sweet, almost lotus like (I think that may be plumeria though-is that the same as frangipani?) but close to the skin, the rose and pear are more noticeable.

Verdict: this is another glorious and delightful flowery scent which I have fallen for. It’s light, floaty, ever so feminine, and beautiful. It has a mix of gentle dewy flowers, sweet and delicate (there’s something here that smells almost like lotus on my skin-which is a good thing!) with juicy pear and a deep rose base. It has tons of throw and I can smell these wonderful sweet wafts of fragrance when I wear it that take me by surprise…I love this and I will need to get a bottle!

La Belle is best described as a crystalline scent, and as most crystalline scents appear to me, it seems a bit plastic-y. This would have to be either tuberose, plumeria, or both. Both are definitely in there, I'm just not sure which is causing the plastic note. When this reaches the skin-scent stage, it's sweet dew and pear. It smells like a sleeping Galadriel. It's so sweet and pleasant. Except for the first few minutes, the scent does not carry. Then again, I apply with a rather light hand.

In the bottle: This is Lady Macbeth without the wine. All berries and pear, but not too fruity or sweet.

First on: Ok, it's not Lady M. :P Now it's mostly florals and pear. If it stays like this, I might like it. The pear is the pear in a Juicy Pear flavored Jelly Belly. Exactly.

Drydown: It's turned into a light floral/fruity blend. Unfortunately, the pear note has diminished to where it's now a perfect blend. For me, there's nothing that makes it stick out from other things, so I don't think it's for me, but it is a very lovely blend.

Aha! I knew there had to be plumeria in here! It starts out so sweet and fruity floral. It is so pretty and girly. I can't stop smelling my wrist. It fades really fast though. It is still everything that it was, but there is just a faint whisper of it. Never got any pear or rose from it, but it still smells great.

In the bottle and wet, this was the prettiest white floral with a touch of fruit. Sweet and delicate, like the name implies.

Alas, ten minutes after I applied it, it turned to dish soap and after a half hour disappeared entirely. :P I'm so disappointed as it smelled so wonderful in the bottle! I guess my skin chemistry is flipping the bird at one of the ingredients.

Off to the swap pile. This would be so lovely on the right person - and I wish it were lovely on me.

I forgot I had an imp of this and tried it on this morning - yum! Pear!!! Put a bit in my scent locket and was in a good mood all day from the scent. The flowers come out after a few minutes and combined with the pear was just really lovely. I think I might have to get at least a 5ml of this one.

I was surprised by how much I liked this one.

At first sniff and when on wet it smells like candyish fruit. Ultra sweet. But it quickly mellows down to a nice mixture of fruit and floral. Very soft and innocent. It reminds me of something Victorian, old-fashioned and feminine.

It also reminds me a bit of Regan only I like Le Belle au Bois Dormant more.

I'm not entirely convinced that it's "me". But I like it enough to use the imp up and put it on my "eventual big bottle" list. And I did actually receive a compliment wearing it the first day. A sales-lady commented "My gosh you smell good!", which surprised me because I didn't really think I had put enough on for anyone besides me to smell it unless they got up real close. Go figure, but I'll take compliments.

7/10

Yerevan, is that you?

Except for the slight difference of pear instead of apricot, I feel like I'm wearing Yerevan. Oh well, they both make me fall asleep, so I'll enjoy the imp but don't know if I'll get more (depends if I run out of Yerevan or La Belle first!)

Gender neutral my eye!

:P Hahhahaha! Yeah, I don't think I could picture guys wearing this either.

La Belle au Bois Dormant is a nice feminine fruity/floral/wet scent (mmm pear and plumeria!). This is so... hmm relaxing/peaceful/laid back/unhurried. Pretty, and not being loud/attention-seeking. A young woman sitting at a desk in her bedroom, doing her hair in the morning... strolling out onto her balcony and looking down at a beautiful garden. I think I like this one. :D

In the imp: Whoa, plumeria! I love that scent; always have since I went to Hawaii when I was a kid. The rest of the elements are definitely there -- the pear in particular -- but it's the plumeria that's most noticeable.

On, wet: Pear and plumeria continue to battle it out. The rose and tuberose are more obvious now.

Drydown: Aw, where did the plumeria go? It's an echo now, behind the rose and tuberose.

Such a sweet, feminine, floral scent. The sort of thing I would have turned down out of hand before; I find that I really like it a lot. (I just hope that the pear isn't the bit of Pink Phoenix that I was allergic to...)

First sniff: Soft, clean florals, bordering on soapy.

Wearing: Fresh, fruity floral. It’s a very quiet scent without much throw. As it dries, the pear blossoms into something gorgeous and sweet… this is very much like what I hoped Juliet would be on me, before the sweetpea turned it soapy.

at first: sweet flowers.

on: super sweet. a bit fruity and very floral.

half an hour later: rose, a heady white flower, and plumeria. pretty.

1 hour later: very soft and just generally floral.

1.5 hours later: a slightly warm floral

overall: this blend didn't do anything for me.

Imp

Wow. This smells like some of the sweet, fruity wines my husband and I have purchased lately. It is glistening and lightly floral. Beautiful.

Wet

Mmmm. Pear just works on me so very well. It is sweet, wet, and yet soft. I hope the rose does not rise to dominate because this is such a lovely blend thus far.

A few minutes in, the magnolia gets a bit strong on me but it is still balanced by the pear.

Dry

This softened to a very delicate floral version of Titania. It is gorgeous. The only reason I am letting this go is because I have Titania and several florals currently.

In the bottle: nice scent. Reminds me of lillies and linen. Clean and fresh.

on me: The same, a clean lily/linen type scent. Goes soft within 20 minutes or so, but two hours later, the scent is still present. Very soft and sweet. I like this a lot!

I think a larger bottle is in order! (Yay, I was getting worried that my body chemistry would reject all bpal or something!)

Wow! I almost wrote this one off without a sniff because of the rose, but I honestly cannot smell it except when it breezes up and peeks out occasionally, like a single rose in a freshly picked bouquet. Exceptionally fresh in the bottle. A clean, light floral - I'm glad I gave it a chance!

ITB: Fruity. Definitely get the pear from this, which is lovely.

On: Sharper and more floral, the roses are acting up on me again.

Dry: rich and sweet, and just a bit too heavy for my tastes. Make me a bit queasy, in fact.

straight sniff from the imp is wet and juicy pear :P

upon application there are beautiful florals that immediately

take over .... while the pear is still there in a very subtle way

the roses almost take over completely :D

very strong too...the jury is still out on this one...i think i

should try this out on a lovely springtime day vs. a bitter cold

wintery 10 degrees...

Very delicate and pretty. The magnolia really stood out from the other scents on me, and I like it. I tend to like fruity more than floral and the fruit keeps this from being too flowery. It faded pretty fast, but I only put a tiny bit on. Nice, not sure if it's "me" yet though. I'll keep it around a while.

Pretty, pretty, pretty!

Sleeping Beauty.

This would be a wonderful 1st scent for a young girl.

Depth but not too strong. Somewhat innocent.

Plumeria and white pear, Damascus rose, tuberose, magnolia and evening dew.

Very gentle and lovely. :P

Just swapped for la Belle, as I noticed that her notes might be perfect for spring. Whew, she's a sweet one! Heady and sweet, not in an icky way (as there's no jasmine to yuck it up on my skin), but still a little much for me. The tuberose is prominent, as is the plumeria. The pear is in there, but I much prefer the *crisp* pear in Titania; this is a pear dripping in syrup. I agree that this would be adorable for a little girl--I wish I had had some as a child (I would have wanted Alice, Snow White, and this--basically all the ones that remind me of Disney! :P ). I think it's too sweet for grownup me, though.

It sounds nice enough, but on me it's all artificial fruit, ultimately turning to soap. Distinctly not a success. I really cannot wear pear scents at all.