reviewed courtesy of Quikslver's GC circle swap     Urd   first sniff: ooh yeah, head shop patchouli and nag champa at it's head buzzy best...I can tell I'm going to like this already.   tested wet: this is quite an ideal presentation of patchouli...it's not the heavy incense that hangs in the air and permeates every porous surface it touches kind of head shop smell - it's the 'good stuff' that's kept behind the counter.   Tested dry: the scent just keeps being awesome...I LOVE it!   conclusion: Definitely searching out an imp soon, but I can see a bottle of this in my future.   4/5   ADDED March 9:   I was talking with a friend of mine about Urd and he said that he'd never tried it because of the grape note and never thought he'd like it.   I was like, "Grapes? ...WTF are you talking about?"   So I thought I'd toddle on over and look at the reviews (something I've obviously never done with this scent) and sure enough there are a lot of people smelling grapes.   I'm SO glad that I'm not one of them!   Urd is the ultimate patchouli hippy headshop scent to me. (and I mean that as a huge compliment) I love a lot of BPAL's patchouli scents though, but I almost get the munchies after wafting around in some Urd for awhile. (contact buzz)   Now there is a touch of a fruity sweetness, which to me deepens the Patchouli note and balances the dryness of the Nag Champa - but for me it's not flat out grapes, if anything it's a nice spicy mulled wine.   I've put Urd on every night this week - just kept the bottle out beside my computer because I knew that I wanted to have a prolonged affair with it for awhile. The bottle I have is pretty well aged according to the wonderful valentina, who I purchased it from...and I can tell a definite difference between it and a few frimps that I've received from the Lab. Patchouli ages so great you know.   Wet it is smooth and rich and here is where the sweetness exists, once it starts to dry it goes full-out patchouli/nag incense and wafts in and out of your consciousness, sometimes you'll get a big whiff that makes you go 'aaaahhhh' and other times the scent nearly dissapears but stays close to your skin. But as Arlo Guthrie says "wait till it comes around again, and this time with four part harmony and feeling" and sure enough Urd wafts up again like somebody just lit up another one.   This one is definitely among my top favorite BPAL scents. Fabulous!