Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Scylla

Dirty

A wonderful antidote to an all-nighter oozing with drunken, addled perversion and debauchery. A fresh, crisp white linen scent: perfectly clean, perfectly breezy.

Wet: Warm breeze and clean laundry.

First on: Plumeria, strong and crisp.

Dry: Still madly plumeria, but also a little citrusy and a hint of sweet ozone and linen. Pretty, clean, light. Not so much laundry at this point, just a hint of fabric.

Edited by Melissa Della

Dirty:

In Bottle: Fresh and breezy and grassy. A little green and outdoorsy.

Wet: Juicy berry-ish. Grassy and outdoorsy again.

Dry: I get that "Herbal Essences" shampoo thing off this, that green juicy scent! It's fresh and tasty and I'm really glad I tried this.

Overall: I like a lot!

Oooohhhhhhhhh...how calming. It's clean and refreshing without the overpowering ozone that some other crisp scents have (though, I do like Lightning).

Imp: It almost wants to turn into baby powder. I had scratch-n-sniff stickers in my youth for Easter that smelled like this: spring and powdery and clean.

Wet: Still threatens to go powdery, but instead it's the scent of freshly washed sheets. All I can picture is a Downy commercial and collapsing into a big bed covered in fresh linen. It's not soapy or detergenty, though. Just clean. I've smelled spring breezes like this, the sunny day after a night's rainfall.

Dry: There aren't many scents I can sleep with while wearing, but this might be one of them. It almost reminds me of one of the soaps

my boyfiend has used in the past.

Sadly, these "clean" scents are gobbled up by my skin and don't last all that long. I tossed a few drops into my hair and it neutralized the scent of my shampoo, but that's about it.

Verdict?: Imps only. Nice for relaxing me on hectic, hormone-fueled days, but not as a regular perfume.

I bought this as a clean, fresh summer scent to replace my empty imps of Embalming Fluid and Shattered. Now I'm just waiting for some actual summer weather in which to wear it.

In the vial - Fabric softener! This is not necessarily unpleasant, though. It's certainly got the freshness and clean texture I'm looking for.

Wet on the skin - A very nice, simple, airy scent with a tiny hint of white flowers. I think it may share a note or two with the late, lamented Empyreal Mist.

Dry down- The scent doesn't change much over time but its throw does increase over the first 30 minutes of wear. An hour later it has settled and faded to a light, comfortable, barely-perceptible aura.

In summary, a light and lovely oil for the hottest of days.

(edited for typo)

Edited by Rouge

Ooh, wet, this is all clean, light floral freshness.

As it dries it gets whisper soft. Definitely a clean, freshly laundered sheet sort of smell. Unfortunately it fades away to barely there, but I still like it. It'll be exactly the right sort of scent for that recovery-shower after a night of caning it.

Big bottle? Dunno. Keeper imp, definitely.

In the bottle: fresh, clean, invigorating, with a sweet floral overtone

Wet on me, or dry when it exploded in my gym bag: the heady florals come to the fore, but not overwhelmingly so

On me (fully dry): subtle and understated, just a hint of smoky musky softness. My gentleman called it "dusky and seductive."

I have *very* different skin chemistry.

Edited by alianthe

ooh, the description for this one is spot on - light and breezy for sure. Dirty is a lovely summery day scent and has more throw on me than most of the 'light' oils. It does somehow manage to smell white and beautifully captures the smell of sheets snapping in the breeze while they dry on the line.

Definitely keeping the imp. Will consider this as a 5 ml too.

Edited: to remove use of too many 'definitely-s'!

Edited by laliloo

This scent to me is straight up linen sheets. In the imp & on my skin. What's strange is I would have NEVER thought I'd like a scent like this but I love it! So light & perfect for hot summer days (if we're lucky enough to have any in England!) & work. I wear it when I just want to smell nice if you know what I mean. It's simple but amazing in the way that it works so well as a perfume. I have an imp of this & will definately get a 5ml.

When I woke up this morning, the cicadas were singing and the air was already heavy with humidity. I could tell that until the heavy thunder clouds looming in the distance took pity on us, it would be a sweltering hot day. What better day to try Dirty?

In the imp, it definitely smells clean but also very strong, almost like laundry detergent or dryer sheets, the ones with ambitious names like "Morning Mist" or "Mountain Spring". Undeterred, I liberally applied it, knowing that sweat has a tendency of making perfume oils vanish on me.

Wet, it's still very strong but I can now detect a faint, pleasant floral note to it. As it dries, I get that lovely scent of clean laundry put out to dry in the sun and it warms on my skin and becomes much softer. Throughout the day, when the wind is kind enough to favour us with a breeze, I can catch a whiff of the scent on me and even though I have sweat trickling down my neck, I still feel fresh and clean.

Now, several hours later, smelling my wrist brings back memories of cuddling in a pile of fresh laundry that my mom has just brought in from outside, that same laundry that's been out in the sun all day and is still warm. I just want to envelop myself in the comfort of it.

Overall, a beautiful scent. Comfortable, calming and clean. Definitely going on the 5 ml bottle wishlist.

In the imp: yes, it is indeed strong, almost fruity plumeria. Reminds me of Thalia, which is a little disappointing as I was hoping to get the white linen note from White Rabbit. This isn't at all like that.

Wet on me: Yes, it's still a fruity-floral. What the heck? As it begins to dry it starts to smell like freshly-dried sheets; not really linen-like, but more like floral fabric softener or something.

After five minutes: OK, this is tricky: it's a soap-like scent without being soapy. What I mean is, it doesn't have any of the nose-tickling qualities or bitterness that we generally mean when we refer to a scent as 'soapy'. Rather, this is the sort of scent that soap would be scented with. If that makes any sense.

Drydown: plumeria and freshly-laundered sheets.

This isn't what I expected, but what the heck, I do like it. It's unusual.

Got an aged imp of this in a swap. Hmm!

I am not sure what it smells like fresh, but aged, it is creamy and sweet with a sickly-sharp undertone - something that hits high up in the nose and makes me go "ack WHAT?" Definitely agree with the concept of laundry detergent/fabric softener. Eh.

Dirty is a very light floral, sunny summer day scent that reminds me of running through the sprinklers and chasing butterflies and laughter. I like it this a lot and brings back happy memories. :P

Dirty is lovely in my mind as my wrist has been perpetually placed under my nose to inhale the sweet scents. I definitely favor fragrances that are on the lighter side, so Dirty was shoe in. I do agree with the general consensus on plumeria, however to me sometimes the flower tends be be borderline sickly sweet, this stays very fresh and airy. I personally got a subtle waft of sparkling pear when I first applied, but that settled quickly. I thoroughly enjoy this blend, and is rather fitting applied after a shower, before bed.

If this is what plumeria smells like, count me in!!

It's... floral, a bit green, and definitely one of those "laundry detergent" style scents.

From the imp to wet on the skin to the dry down, I find that this scent stays rather consistent. It gets lighter and... well, "brighter" is the only word I can think of... but stays pretty true to what's in the imp. (Soon to be bottle. I need a bottle. Yum!)

It starts out with a punch of sweet and clean, and fades slowly into a lingering "clean cotton sheets" sort of smell.

Is it weird that I just want to eat myself when I have this on?! Augh. Yum!

This smells like a berry bodywash or maybe a shampoo. It's okay, but there's something offensive about it that makes me cringe a little. Something too forceful, almost soapy, about the berry note. Maybe it's just this imp.

in the bottle: clean, fresh, light, reminds me strongly of green freshly-mown grass

wet on skin: a bit more like laundry detergent- clean, but more in a cologne way as opposed to a nature way.

dry down, sometime later: the cologne aspect has evaporated, and leaves behind a light linens smell. not much for it, i don't really like light floral-y scents myself, but i could see this making someone else quite happy.

I quite like Dirty.

I am a fan of fresh, clean scents. There are days when I want to smell good but not perfumey, and on those days I reach for this fragrance. It does smell rather like fabric softener, but not in a cheap or bad way. It reminds me of childhood, or breakfast in bed, or doing the laundry in college.

When I was first married, we couldn't afford a washer and dryer, so we hung our clothes on the line to dry. Clothes dried on the line pick up some interesting scents--whatever blows in on the wind is often etched into the fiber of the clothing. Dirty reminds me of line dried linens in the high of spring, when the wildflowers are blooming. It's just clean and wild and fresh.

Lately I have taken to layering Dirty with Rose Red. And then I just smile, smile, smile.

Dirty is really clean-smelling. It's light and refreshing and makes me think of a child's laughter as they run through a maze of clean, white sheets that are hanging outdoors on the line. This is lovely and crisp.

Bottle: Clean, fresh

Wet: Almost detergent-like, it's so clean.

Drydown: I see clean, white sheets that are drying on a line. It's exactly what I wanted from this oil!

3.5 outta 5

Wet: Ohhh! This IS a very clean scent.

Dry down: um...same.

Dry: ok so honestly, I have no way to describe this..lol. it's clean, fresh, soft and gentle. I am really loving this. It reminds me of a fresh spring morning when you just HAVE to put the landry on a line to try to catch that sunshine.

9 out of 10

Imp: Clean laundry that has been washed with high quality fabric softener.

Wet: More laundry. I'm not sure I like this.

Dry: There is some sort of boy's spray cologne out there that smells like this. It's sort of a generic clean laundry scent and I feel kind of like a teenage boy wearing it. I can't tell which is my perfume and which is just the scent of my sweater.

Throw: Zero. I thought I was smelling it, but it was actually the shoulder of my shirt.

Overall: I did have a late and somewhat rough night last night, but this did not put me in a better mood. It kind of made me feel like I was covered in Tide, which I don't think is where the lab was going with this. I'll hang onto the imp because I think it will be an awesome bath oil, but I don't think this will be a skin-contact imp.

This was a free imp from the lab. I would never have ordered it myself, so I'm glad they sent me a sample :P

In the bottle: It's very sweet. Yes, it does smell like freshly laundered blankets and sweaters, but it also smells fruity and floral. It actually smells a lot like B&BW's Sweet Pea scent. I really like Sweet Pea so it's all good.

Wet: Ah. Smells the same. It's a little too strong to be "breezy" and "cool", though.

Dry: Hmm. It still smells like laundry and sweet pea, but now I'm getting something greenish in the background. Trampled grass, maybe. It also smells rather like shampoo bubbles and freshly scrubbed skin. And laundry. Very strong detergent.

Verdict: I'm not a laundry-scent person, so this isn't for me. However, it's a very beautiful fragrance. You could almost call it simple, but it's lovely in its simplicity. It reminds me of lounging around in a clean kitchen, with the sunlight shining through the white curtains on top of the white countertop and just staring at the brightly lit neighborhood outside. I think its that grassy note that reminds me of all of this. I'm rambling now, so I'll just say that if you like those clean-laundry-cotton-sheet-soap scents, this is perfect.

Probably not going to wear it all that often, but summer's coming up and this is the perfect weekend relaxation scent.

--edit---

Ok, I think my skin is weird or something. Maybe it's my sniffer, too. Some note that I cannot identify that smells extremely sharp and chemically just popped up. I really don't like it. It was such a nice laundry-fresh scent before, too! But I gotta wash this off now. I'm feeling nauseated.

I'm so sad. My body chemistry is wonkyyy!

Edited by InvinciChicken

In bottle/imp: Clean and slightly fruity without being overly crisp and sharp.

Immediately on skin: This is the scent of clean laundry drying on the line on a very warm, sunny day. The scent is almost fuzzy and hard to grasp since it’s so well blended. There’s a hint of fruitiness to this, like apple blossom perhaps, but overall it just smells like “clean” without being too sharp or crisp. It’s a soft, pretty scent.

After a little while: This scent has softened even more, if that’s possible. It’s still the same wonderful scent though: soft, warm, clean and fuzzy with a nice clean feel and a bit of soft, sweet florals. I still think it’s apple blossom, and I’m sticking to it!

Overall Impressions: This is the perfect soft clean towel scent. I think it’s too fluffy to be “clean linen.” It’s soft, comfy, and clean with a gentle breeze of flowers.

I can't pick out any specific notes on this one, but it smells so fresh and so clean and just so amazing.

What's even more amazing than that is this scent hardly changes on my skin. It smells almost just like it does in the bottle. I *adore* Dirty. I'm now the proud owner of a 5mL!