Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Scylla

Dirty

A wonderful antidote to an all-nighter oozing with drunken, addled perversion and debauchery. A fresh, crisp white linen scent: perfectly clean, perfectly breezy.

In the imp: Clean, fresh, flowery. It smells stronger than I expected, but it's a pleasant smell. It makes me think of sunshine.

On my skin: A bright citrus-y floral, which stays the same throughout the drydown.

I expected this to smell like fresh laundry on the line, like a crisp cottony linen scent. Instead, it smells more like a big ol' whiff of laundry detergent to me. On my skin, it isn't so much crisp and fresh as it is sharp and strong. It really is a nice scent, but it's just not for me.

Edited by evilmistressoftoast

In the vial: sweet, fresh florals

On the skin: Yeah... florals. I'd take a stab there's something like jasmine in here. It's a fresh scent, very clean and girly.

In the bottle: Crazy plumeria. None of the sweet laundry scents that everyone else reports.

Wet: Oh, this is ...yeah. My sister had a Bath and Body Works Plumeria lotion when we were both in high school, and it smells just like that, down to that hint of lotion.

Dry: See above. Maybe I'll give this to my sister, but not for me.

oh, this one is just not me. i'm not sure what it is, but something in here is reacting badly on me. when i put it on, I had to force myself to wait for the drydown, rather than scrubbing it off immediately. As it dries, that initial note, whatever it was, that went wacky on me, recedes... once it's completely dry, i get the light laundry scent. I don't mind this stage, but not something i'd wear at all... maybe as a room scent.

In the imp: Very, very light, airy, and clean. And something that smells like a lighter, softer, more gentle version of the tea rose in London.

Wet: The soft rose blooms beautifully. I think there's a whiff of plumeria in there, too. It's very, very sweet… and I think it'd almost be overwhelming except for how soft it is.

Dry: Dries down to a sweet, slightly damp scent. Like freshly washed cotton sheets spread out to dry over rosebushes at dawn. Utterly beautiful and unexpected… I think I've finally found the "clean" scent I've been looking for!

Dirty was a little disappointing, because I wanted that light, crisp scent of dried sheets. Instead, it smelled like fabric softener.... Nicely scented, but not quite what I was looking for. Off to swaps.

In bottle: It smells like bubblebath.

Wet and drying down: White and perfumey. It's too sharp and floral for me. I thought it was gardenia, but everyone is saying plumeria. I'm not positive about gardenia, and I have no idea what plumeria smells like. Whatever it is, it's way too much of it for me.

Dry: I think it smells like laundry detergent. I can't stand most laundry detergents because I think they have a sharp, sour smell, especially if the scent has anything to do with "rain". This smells like those detergents I avoid. I only use Tide. :P [/tangent]

Sweet ozone, mild and not at all sneeze-inducing. This is very clean, but also very subtle on me. It's pretty, but fades almost completely within ten minutes.

Sadly, this was all plumeria on me. No linens at all. Disappointing in its simplicity, but perhaps would be better on someone else.

In imp: weird sour-ozone smell.

On me: gentle soapy florals. Very much a "dryer sheet" smell. It's kind of comforting in its cuddly warm laundry associations, but it's not something I'd actually *wear*. Maybe I'll keep it around and make a laundry spray out of it. Or maybe today's the day I try putting this stuff in the dryer!

At first I did get the fresh linen, just washed scent. Then it turned a bt more floral (plumeria?). Hubby said it smells like walking into Bath and Body works (which he likes). I'll probably keep the imp, I think it would make a nice summer scent, but I don't think I'll buy a bottle. I'm glad I got to try it though. :P

The lab described this one to perfection! It is so clean and crisp, with out being soapy. I love the simplicity of it. This smells just like clean laundry in a summer breeze. I love it! I need a big bottle!

Clean...dryer sheets

Sweet and tart at the same time

Fresh and clean...

...but not for me. I get the laundry thing. This is soft and it is pretty, but I like scents with a little more of my kind of personality. Off to swaps, it seems.

I never would have picked this one out on my own, but the lab was kind enough to send this as a frimp, and I'm so glad I got to try it.

It's not one of those scents that is really "perfumey"--it smells very natural, like you're wearing something you just took off a clothesline. Because of that, it reminds me of Summer, and I think it would make a great everyday perfume when it gets a little bit warmer outside. I don't know if I can describe the actual components of this, because they're blended together so well, but overall, this one is more floral than anything.

I love it and would easily get a big bottle of it. 5/5

In vial: It smells like laundry that's been hung on the line to dry.

Wet: lavender. plumeria. Very light, clean, and fresh.

Drydown: this stays the same through drydown: crisp, clean, fresh, but it has a touch of chemical drycleaning solution that's turning this off on my skin.

This really does smell of clean, freshly washed laundry! I swear I smell a hint of peach (which I’m totally digging in my BPAL scents). I wore it over Wylde Ivy’s Black Tea Jasmine which I love as a clean smell and they go so well together – they really ‘continue’ the fresh, clean scent. This melds very well with my body chemistry as it begins to drydown but it’s a tad too fresh – may need to test it without anything underneath to do it proper justice.

Indeed a fresh scent! I received a frimp of it from macrabe_fae :D and tried it today. Oddly enough it's been pouring all day and this reminded me almost immediately of a sunny afternoon on my grandmother's acreage in the spring with all the green grass. Not that it SMELLED like that mind you, it's the memory the scent invoked. :D

Lovely, light, fresh, a warm. Defiantly love. :P

Dirty is pretty and clean and does smell like fresh linens with a slightly sweet scent that works really well with my skin. I believe in the floral in it is lilac. Or at least that's what it smells like on me.

This is a gorgeous fresh scent.

I totally got lured in, again, by the labs description of this scent. Sometimes, I too have nights of debauchery which I would like to pretend never happened. Dirty supposedly, has the answer.

And you know, this scent is everything the other reviewers have said about it, and it fully lives up to the description.

"Clean laundry?" check! "flowers?" why yes! "sunshine" I loves me some sun! "dryer sheets" oh... yeah... I smell that too...and that's the rub. This smells exactly like it is supposed to, and is lovely, but I'm not sure if I like it.

I think it's associations, but the scent of "laundry" makes me think of the detergent aisle at the local grocery store. You know the aisle, it promises clean but Oh! the chemicals! Your gametes (whether they are eggs or sperm) run and hide! A scary, scary, aisle. (disclaimer: I am a hippy biologist)

While there is something really sweet and lovely wafting off my arm, this dirty, at the same time it has a slight waft of the pure evil that is fabric softener, which makes me feel like I am doing chores!

So, I can't decide if I like this or not. Maybe I would wear this if I was going to ask my grandma for money? Which of course I would never do, but this scent def. makes me think of sweeping the dark side under the rug, so to speak.

Maybe I should hold on to this one and retest it when I haven't had a couple of glasses of wine. hmm...stay tuned.

This scent is great for those people who would like to pretend like they are wearing clean clothes. There, I said it!

Edited by Ohmaude

In the bottle:

Freshly washed, super clean laundry.

Wet:

I think I like it a little bit better in the bottle, but I also think I may have overapplied. Still a very clean laundry scent. This is not just linen - it's got floral soaps in there, too, but it's not SOAPY. Hard to describe.

Dry down:

Still very clean. There's no other good way to describe this. It doesn't smell like soap, it smells like something soap should be scented with.

Final thoughts:

I have to admit that I was initially scared of this when I first smelled it in the bottle, but I'm studying tonight for exams tomorrow and somehow this is just the perfect refreshing blend. Clean and confident. I bet this would make a fantastic professional scent.

In imp: very nice, clean smell ... one unexpected note that I can't quite single out?

Wet, on skin: reminds me of Glade scented oil candles in Clean Linen(?) - which is NOT a bad thing, as I spend way too much on those every week!

Drydown: yes, that's exactly what it smells like. go to the grocery store and huff some Glade candles, and you've got Dirty. Frankly, I rather enjoy smelling like a candle. YMMV. :P

Dry: it's becoming febreze fabric softener. I've seen a lot of people who say this as a negative, but fresh laundry has always been one of my fave smells in the whole wide world, so...

Sidenote to outofrhyme's professional scent comment - I definitely plan on using this to brighten up my sometimes-claustrophobic office space!

This is a short review because, honestly-- Dirty is a simple scent. It's clean laundry in an imp. End of story. Now, this doesn't do much for ME because my boyfriend doesn't much care for the scent of detergent, but I liked it. :P It's nice, crisp, clean, and if you don't want to smell LIKE anything but clean, Dirty is your scent.

Very good for those days when you want to smell good, but don't want to smell like anything. I'll definitely be using my imp, and I might consider a larger bottle.

I really liked this one, it smelled of dryer sheets a bit but that is the appeal to me. Sweet fresh cotton t-shirt with a breeze of floral. It is simple and quite appealing.

In the Imp (wet): Oh my, this one is rich and velvety. Dark and musky, yet fresh and clean. Like a candlelit bedroom of plump pillows and silken ropes, just after the chambermaid has laid out the freshly pressed sheets and fluffed out new feather pillows. I like!

On facial cotton (dry): Why does this smell like clean laundry?! I can't help but think of long lines of fresh clean sheets and clothes hanging on a clothesline on a warm summer day. It's so crisp and clean. Not sweet and a little soapy. I almost hope it smells the same on my skin.

On me: The soapy scent is dominant, mixed with a tinge of a white floral. I can't help smiling when I sniff that wrist, and am fighting an urge to go roll around in my bed. Think I will wear this to work, and see if it's a keeper. :P