Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Scylla

Dirty

A wonderful antidote to an all-nighter oozing with drunken, addled perversion and debauchery. A fresh, crisp white linen scent: perfectly clean, perfectly breezy.

Dryer sheets! Clean, fresh and extremely comforting.

Oddly this dries down to a VERY similar scent as Blood Lotus on me!

I think I'm gonna need a big bottle of Dirty.

I've used unscented laundry detergent all my life, except when I've worked wardrobe. This smells like clean laundry and folding said laundry and being backstage and ready to go. It would be the perfect scent to wear to show calls. Neat!

Edited by wingedcorset

This smells like very fancy shampoo, which is nice, but I'd rather just use really fancy shampoo. This will be great for the morning after a night out though.

(Review made after testing without ability to do full review and after 1 week of wearing it)

...OMG.....OMG......OMG.....Beth.....forget Ted and marry me. This one is......an olfactory orgasm. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I've always loved crisp, clean scents. To the point that I'd go to Wal-Mart and purchase these air fresheners called "Crisp Cotton" by Airwick. And when I say buy....I mean buy them out. They were so hard to find and I went through them so quickly. <.< >.> I even scooped out some of the purple goop and put it in a scent locket because I loved it so much.

....Dirty tops that....tops it and blows it completely away. It's a nice crisp clean airry breezy barely floral scent. It reminds me of what it would smell like if you washed your clothes and then dried them in fresh newly budded spring flowers that had just been kissed by the first spring rain.

.....it's glorious.....

Ordering 10ml .... my 3 imps of it just aren't going to cut it.

I got a frimp of Dirty in my most recent order, which was great because it was on my wishlist. Thanks Lab!

I like it. This is the linen note from White Rabbit, but it works better on me without the other notes. It does smell like clean wet sheets on the line on a sunny day, or stepping out of the shower – the scent is reminiscent of soap, but also comforting/nostalgic. It would probably be nice for summer. I'll save the imp.

In the bottle: Not at all what I usually associate linen with smelling like. At the same time, this is definitely the linen scent that's in White Rabbit, and now I understand why I kept thinking there were all sorts of fruits in White Rabbit that aren't really there. This is very sweet, clean, nice.

Wet: Still sweeter than I was anticipating. I love linen scents, but they tend to be sharper and less sweet than this. It's still very nice.

Drydown: When I sniff my wrist directly, I get the same as the wet stage, but sort of whafting around me is the scent of clean laundry. This is actually a very comforting scent. I like it.

[i really wanted a linen cotton scent and this one is very, very sweet on me. And I love Dorian, so that should say something .I agree with the reviewers who got plumeria out of this.As I don't have a nose for all the other notes in this, that is all I could identify. I am guessing I may be better off with Antique Lace now that it is back?( let me know if I am completely off on that) The scent is pretty enough that I will keep it :P but I don't get the fresh clean laundry part at all. I guess I was looking for something that smelled of line dried laundry.

Although Dirty was on my wishlist, I must admit I didn't have very high hopes for it, enough that I hadn't put it into any of my orders. Thankfully, the Lab tossed it into my last order as a frimp. Once again proving that we don't always know what is best for us.

ITB: A lovely light floral, like honeysuckle.

On: Crisper. I can smell the linen, and maybe a hint of citrus. The throw is all honeysuckle though.

Dry: OMGWTFBBQ! This is amazing! Absolutely lovely! More soon please! :P

(Edited because I really do know that honeysuckle has a "y" in it.)

Edited by Wench457

imagine clean, fresh laundry drying in the hot summertime breeze...

this is dirty!! :D

after 1/2 hour a delicious sweetness breaks through with the most incredible

hint of the bitterness of freshly picked dandelions....this will be a winner

for summertime months ....

thank you Beth for this positively outstanding and unique blend......

gorgeous!!!! :P

Edited by sookster

Dirty sounded like a fun scent, but nothing up my alley. I don't really enjoy the 'clean' scents. But this smells like honeysuckle and cucumber on me, so I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. It reminds me a little of White Rabbit and the white tea note in other blends.

It's not one that I'll probably wear again, but I'm really glad I got to try it.

preconceived notion: I do not have much trust for a scent which is pretty much intended to mask a multitude of sins. When I'm dirty I want to revel in it, to smell like dirt and sweat and sex. What is the point in covering that up with flimsy linen? Wouldn't that make me a whited sepulcher? Don't I become unbearably moralistic at 1am?

in the imp: this smells like the 80s. THE 80s. Nuff said.

wet: the benefit of smelling like a laundromat is.... wait. There is no benefit in smelling like a laundromat.

drydown: a whole lot of nothing much.

verdict: this is my quickest BPAL dismissal ever. Witness the power of prejudice in action.

post-conceived notion: Okay, okay... so this was "pretty" and "floral" and whatever. Something about it struck me as fake and therefore I have judged it to be lame. BPAL, I am sorry, but not everything can be a home run. If my reviews hurt, please remember: it is only chemistry, baby.

Man, I hate to give this one a not-so-enamored review, especially when it seems to be so loved (except by just a few people), but it seriously disappointed me. I'm glad I only ordered an imp, instead of the 5ml I was tempted to go for.

It's probably my fault it didn't turn out the way I'd hoped, because I was seriously hoping for something that smelled Downy-ish or Tide-Y or even Gain-Y. . Instead, I get floral, floral, floral, perfume-y, perfume-y, perfume-y and a tad of generic vanilla. I read a lot of reviews here that say it smells just like fresh laundry and laundromats. All I can say is that I must be using entirely different detergents and fabric softeners than everyone else.

I cannot pick out the particular floral notes, but I sure don't smell any 'breeze'......instead, the closest way I could describe it would be this: Go to Target or Wal-Mart and to the toiletries section to find the store-brand body sprays. Pick out the one with the most typical cheesy name like "Morning Dew" or "Sea Mist", and then douse yourself in it. THAT is what I smell with Dirty.

I really *wanted* to like it, and I might very well have, had I not placed such high expectations on it before I got it. Like I said, this is entirely my fault. *sigh*

Why can't someone just bottle April Fresh Downy for personal use? :P

Very fresh and clean. Its like diving face first into a load of laundry fresh out the dryer when its still warm.

I can't recognize any individual notes.

On another note, the sweater I'm wearing has a strong vanilla scent to it, probably left over from another blend I wore while wearing it. The vanilla goes well with this

A Lab frimp! I am very curious about Dirty--I generally don't like "clean" scents, but then I've really only encountered them in wax tarts like Yankee Candle's Clean Cotton and Fresh Comfort, which smell like dryer sheets. However, I love White Rabbit and *did* get a hint of something linen-like in it, so here goes nothing...

Yep, this is that note from White Rabbit! I like it. It reminds me of Szepasszony, which is a clean white floral/aquatic. Dirty does have a wee hint of soapiness as well. I'd keep it if I weren't being ruthless with controlling my burgeoning herd of imps :P --but since Szepasszony does the same job for me I guess I'll swap it.

Imp

A fresh, slighly cloying, floral scent. This does smell extremely fresh and clean.

Wet

A *very* clean, refreshing clean clothes smell. It just makes me feel soft and refreshed....as if I opened all the windows in my house and a delightful spring breeze is perfuming everything!

Dry

This remains an extremely clean scent. It is very clean linens.

dirty.jpg

Imp: Very clean and sweet. Like a very sweet white floral. Light and uplifting.

Wet: Still a very sweet light white flower. Linden blossom, perhaps? Whatever it is, it’s the type of floral I can handle—not at all overbearing or baby powdery (yet). Some have said plumeria…I can see where they get that, it definitely has that sweet vibe, but this isn’t as overpowering as I’m used to plumeria being.

Drying: This starts to take on a crisper floral edge—still sweet, but with a bit of bite. I was afraid this meant it was going powdery, but that turned out not to be the case.

Dry: A sweet clean smell. Its very nice and neutral for those that don’t want to smell “perfumey”. A good close-up skin scent--This doesn’t have much throw on me.

Overall: This was apparent 6 hrs later, even after going to the gym. It’s a lovely scent with good staying power, but little throw. It would be a great close-up skin scent, especially for someone who is looking for a very clean and neutral scent. Great for everyday. I’m glad I tried this, but I generally like more “gutsy” smells. I think I'll hold onto my imp for a while, but this probably isn't a bottle for me.

This smells just like Terra Nova Rain (or China Rain). Clean, a bit sharp, soapy -- an Egyptian musk/lily of the valley type scent.

Since I already have the Terra Nova blend, I don't see myself buying Dirty. It's nice, and certainly "clean" smelling, but there are plenty of other scents like this on the market.

Huh. Wet, this smells like fabric softener. Floral-based fabric softener.

Drydown took an extra-long time, and yup, it still smells like fabric softener/floral soap. Bleah.

Off to swap.

In the bottle - A cold winters morning.

Wet on me - Soapy lemons and something green.

Dry on me - It becomes softer and more powdery and suprisingly warm as it fades.

First Impression: A clean, lemony floral.

Dries down to: Stays pretty much the same until it starts to turn a bit soapy before disappearing.

Additional Comments: This is a clean, fresh and happy scent. It reminds me of the smell of clean laundry just as you hang it outside to dry in the sunshine and something else that I can't quite pin it down. After reading other reviews, it's the plumeria that I couldn't quite pinpoint. A great nostalgic scent.

Lasted: About an hour.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 (would be higher if it lasted longer)

In the imp: Crisp and clean. Reminds you of something pure (which is in contradiction with the scent's name) :D.

On me: Nice! Still clean smelling yet with light floral notes that aren't overpowering

After 1 hour: This is lovely! Now it's lemony but still with floral.

Verdict: Already ordered a bigger bottle :P

Edited by mandragora

Yup, clean laundry. :P While this smelled nice and fresh on my skin, it smelled FABULOUS in my hair -- as though I'd just used the most wonderful shampoo.

I LOVED this scent - so perfectly light and floral, no sharpness, no soapiness... it breaks my heart that my skin ate it up straight away! :P

I'm sorry this is so short, but this is from my notes taken way long ago in October at the Chicago Meetup. But any little bit helps?

In my continuing quest to get cracked-out reactions to every bpal, my only note and memory is that this was extrordinarily gardenia.