Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Scylla

Dirty

A wonderful antidote to an all-nighter oozing with drunken, addled perversion and debauchery. A fresh, crisp white linen scent: perfectly clean, perfectly breezy.

Blind tested upon application.

In the imp: This doesn't smell like dirt at all. It smells like...laundry detergent.

Wet on my skin: Yep, laundry detergent. The organic stuff, lightly floral in scent and not overly soapy.

Dry: This is definitely a breezy, lightly white-floral, tropical linen scent. It brings to mind a strong impression of white linens drying on a clothesline on a condo balcony overlooking a white sand beach, with flowers blooming in planters below and green palm trees swaying in the ocean breeze. Not really something I would wear on my skin often, but definitely something nice to scent my bed sheets with here in landlocked Colorado!

This was a frimp from the Lab.

It’s just a clean, fresh scent. There’s a slight hint of floral and aquatic, giving the impression of flowers in a vase of cool, clean water. Dirty is the best “clean linen” scent I’ve encountered. It’s cheerful, feels very appropriate for springtime, and is also somehow comforting.

I would not have identified the floral as plumeria, but many people have mentioned smelling plumeria in the reviews. That helps explain why I like Dirty so much; I was a fan of Bath and Bodyworks plumeria lotion back in the day.

Wet: OOoohh. Green and shiny-bright. Right now this is all grassy, transparent loveliness. Clean, plant-y scent that really puts me in mind of a grass scent that Demeter had? I smelled it ages ago. This smells like my memory of that?

Drying: Pleasant. Clean. Green. Grass. Soap. This is really a simple creature so far. Feels really nice because of the hot weather while testing.

Dry: Faint, and unfortunately, once again, not too long lasting. Pity that it doesn't stay. There's still a little bit of it here- salt, faint dry grass, and weirdly, something with a bit of a tingle that puts me in mind of green bell pepper. Will likely use up the imp for something. I would get a bottle if it had a more interesting/appealing dry stage and if it lasted longer.

If you like Dirty- try Embalming Fluid, 51, Absinthe, The Apothecary or The Ghost.

Edited by DoktorDandy

In the imp: Just as it is described: a crisp, clean linen note.

Wet: There is a citrus-y vibe to this scent, which is sharp at first, but doesn't it doesn't take long for it to calm down. If Boober from Fraggle Rock didn't have a scent of his own, this would be it. It is the scent of freshly laundered clothes swaying in the breeze that have been scented with a floral detergent. I think it contains linden blossom.

Dry: Same, but much softer now.

Verdict: This isn't really my cup of tea, so I will be giving this to my brother, who applied it when I first received it as a frimp and really enjoyed the scent.

I was expecting an ozonefest, but this was not like that at all.

It goes on cool, juicy cucumber. Now, I've never really been into the cucumber thing in bath and body products. It's not really "me." But I have to admit this is fresh and well done, and that it might make a good scent for a hot day.

But then in the later stages, a powdery floral overrules the cucumber. I might not have correctly identified plumeria without reading reviews; I had been guessing it might be white musk or something. But it being plumeria explains why I don't like this later stage. I never really did like plumeria back in the day.

Sadly, a miss on me.

In the imp: Floral and clean. Sorta air freshener-y

Wet: Same.

Dry: It's very light and airy. It still smells a bit too like air freshener or fabric softener, so this is one to go in the oil burner pile.

This was a frimp. Glad I got to try it, as it is not something I would have picked for myself.

In the imp: Fresh & juicy & airy.. Detergent-y florals, water, ozone, very green grass & melon / cucumber.

Wet: It doesn't smell like soap but it does smell very clean. The linen comes out on my skin, and I am enjoying the grass and ozone on this hot, hungover day. After a little while the florals "amped" on me and it all got way too white & flowery.

Dry: Flowers calmed down, yay. Mostly clean cotton, ozone & aquatic now. Reminds me a bit of a commercial perfume I liked as a teenager (CK One maybe? I only ever tried a couple..).
Bizarrely, after 2 or 3 hours this turns into a sweet red berry scent on me. Especially odd considering actual red berry scents tend to disappear immediately on my skin. This after-smell lasts for ages too.

This is lovely and refreshing, and "does what it says on the tin". But just a little too flowery for me, I prefer a more herbal type of 'clean' scent.

Clean linen, yes, but there is still a touch of dirt under this - like when you try to conceal the fact you have been out all night engaging in debauchery so you show up to the local coffee shop in clean clothes, but dirty hair and big sunglasses.

Frimp from the Lab!

Wet: There's something almost boozey going on! Weird. But mostly laundry. Like someone spilled some wine in the laundry basket.

Dry: Whatever that weird boozey note was has disappeared, to be replaced by some tea. So now it's like someone spilled tea in the laundry basket. It's actually really nice.

I was so excited to get this one as a frimp, I've been curious about it for a long time but it's not something I'd ever buy for myself.

In the imp it smells like dryer sheets (not a bad thing, I actually love that smell!). On my skin it turns into a clean, white floral... and yep, I'm catching the similarity to Bath & Body Works Plumeria, although whereas I always found B&BW Plumeria to be aggressive and cloying, Dirty is much better behaved. It's like a classier version of Plumeria, if you will!

As it wears on, I start to get a little bit of the linen. "Clean" and "breezy" are the perfect words for it, so the Lab description is spot on. It's like white sheets moving in the breeze on a clothesline over a garden of white flowers. Not really my thing, but if you like light, clean floral scents, you should definitely try Dirty.

Oh my this is fantastic! I have always loved the smell of laundry and clean scents but in perfume I often find them too artificial or soapy. This however is glorious. It is a perfect fresh, clean linen. It is well balanced, not too floral or aquatic. I can detect linen, plumeria, and just a little bit of grass and citrus. Crisp, yet tropical. Most likely going to upgrade to a bottle!

Very nice and clean scent - heavy on the plumeria (which I like, so no complaints). I smell fresh and bright - but a bit generic, which I suppose is the point? I do like it, but it is not setting my world on fire - the imp will do for now.

The imp I have is quite old, I would be really interested to try a fresh one to see if the linen note came out more.

This is delightful. Citrussy linen in the bottle. Goes on as sort of a light, spicy potpourri, but the spices soon give way to a grassy greenness as it dries. Similar to Sagittarius 2007. A lovely spring scent.

BPTP frimp. I think Soupy Twist is accurate. Surprisingly, a older lab frimp managed to smell clean linen, less green.

Dirty is clean, clean, clean! I love to put my laundry on the line on a sunny, breezy day, and this captures that smell. I agree completely with DiesMali: the linen of the description has been laundered with organic detergent. The good stuff. For a light airy scent it lasts surprisingly well on me (which is rare).

This is one of my favorites.

Up front it has a very clean, laundered sort of scent.

But oddly to me has a strong skin smell underneath.

Like kissing the top of my son's head when he's in need of shampoo.

It just smells strangely "human" and I adore it.

Got this as a surprise frimp and oh...! What a surprise!!

Not fond of laundry like scents, as I find them too intense and "clean" smelling? Like I tried to chug a bottle of tide.

But "Dirty" is just so right! The minute I took just a small sniff of the vial I was pleasantly surprised. Like a perfect summer day, big flowers drifting their petals on the wind as laundry dries in the warm sun. A light breeze and some time alone, happy with the chore.

On me the scent exploded, and while I still really like it it's very bright? I think is the word? The laundry/cotton smell is really there but it's acceptable. Makes me think of mothers and early summer. It's happy though, and very nice! Not sure if I'd get a bigger amount than this, but I'm glad I got to try it out!

I really with this one was a little more potent. It is a very clean, fresh scent. It smells like laundry right out of the washing machine. It really smells like very clean cotton, but it also smells a little watery. It stays very close to the skin and I have to get quite close to detect it. I was really excited to try this one as I love the smell of laundry right out of the dryer when you can smell the warmth, but this didn't scratch that particular itch. It is still a nice, gentle scent that I'll enjoy getting some wear out of anyway.

In the imp: Exactly as described

Wet on skin: Same as in the imp, except there’s also something green

Dry on skin: The green note is much more prominent now, but it’s still very breezy & lineny. I love this!

After several hours: Very faint breezy linen

Verdict: This perfume is SO pretty, while also being fairly subtle. I feel like I’ll get a lot of use out of this!

In the imp: I don't get linen at all, but light, breezy florals. Plumeria and something that has the character of (but not the scent of) lilac or wisteria. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's the same plumeria note as in the vial. As it dries, it becomes even more strongly so. 

An hour later, and this is where the scent seems to stay on me. 

It's very pretty and delicate, but it doesn't seem crisp and doesn't evoke linen on me. 

Maybe it would smell different after a night of debauchery?

I love linen, so was hoping this would be bottle-worthy. Unfortunately, it's a little wet--like the sheets have only just been hung to dry and are still dripping. Good for a scorching day, but it actually makes me feel chilly if I use it other times of the year.

This is such a nice clean linen scent. Something I’d want to spray all over my clothes and make everything feel fresh and clean. It’s a fantastic just cleaned smell and it makes me smile. 

It's a strong scent that reminds me of clean laundry that has been washed with a lot of fabric softener. Nothing I'd wear as a perfume but I made a linen spray using my imp of Dirty and sometimes I spray it on my clean laundry before hanging it to dry.