Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Scylla

Dirty

A wonderful antidote to an all-nighter oozing with drunken, addled perversion and debauchery. A fresh, crisp white linen scent: perfectly clean, perfectly breezy.

In the imp: I love this! I put this on after washing off Ophelia (a disaster) and this was the perfect antidote! It's very light, almost as if therfe was no scent at all. I smell the linen, and there is a bit of sweetness to it. It's lovely!

Wet: More sweetness than the linens. It almost smells like White Rabbit without the honey. It's perfect for days when you want to wear perfume, but don't want it to bother you.

Dry: Very light. Fading quickly. Although, I don't know if I got used to the almost lack of scent, or if it actually practically faded.

Overall: Beautiful! I don't know if I'll get a bottle because I prefer scents with more throw, but I will use my imp definitely!

On me, Dirty is linen that has just been washed in floral-scented detergent. It's light and pretty, not soapy at all. I think this would be a good scent for someone new to BPAL.

In imp: It smells just like Muguet des Bois, the first perfume I ever wore (to my now-husband's senior prom). I hope it smells this great on me.

On, wet: Sweeter than in the imp - not as fresh. This could be interesting.

Near drydown: The sweet is far outweighing the clean. Not good.

Far drydown: It doesn't last. If I press my nose to my elbow, I smell a soft, sweet something - perhaps a touch of fruit. Sigh - I had such hopes for Dirty.

On a whim I dug out my 3 year old imp and I wore it today, and Dirty is really, really pretty!! I've been on such a foody-kick lately that it was the perfect antidote...

Wet - super-clean, like blindingly white cotton

Dry - a soft but still clean scent that wafts up in puffs of crisp-yet-creamy linen.

I'd love to snag a bottle and let it age!

Yep, that’s laundry scent alright. Pure and simple – just that very pleasant, extra clean floral you’d sniff if you pressed your nose into a pile of clean laundry. Lovely.

Man, I have been wanting to try Dirty since I first started collecting BPAL but have never managed to get around to it till now, and I don't know WHY I waited so long! This is just beautiful. Smells like a pile of clean laundry with a teeny bit of vanilla or something else white and sweet. I desperately want a large bottle now. <3

Dirty smells like dishsoap. Clean, but not exactly the kind of clean I want to smell like all day.

I'll stick with Wensleydale for my clean-laundry-smelling needs. :P

In the imp: Wowsa. I am a total sucker for the "clean laundry" smell. I love my Clean Cotton candle from Yankee Candle Co so much and this smells a heck of a lot like it, except maybe not as crisp. There's an airiness to it.

Wet: Smells the same as it does in the imp. Love it. I'm not expecting it to change at all which is fine by me to the nth degree.

Drydown: Mmmm. I smell clean and comforting and I love this. I do, I do.

Overall: Yes, definitely my buy a bottle of this. It's perfect. I can also see using this as a room freshener as well. Have I mentioned I love this one? :P

Sniffed from the imp: citrusy, laundry detergent, then a sweeter note comes in... After my weird experience with Sundew, I pray, "oh please no not cinnamon!"

Wet, it has too much citus + floral without a grounding note for my tastes. It is very pretty, but not something I'd wear. It is the best smelling to me after it is completely dry, and made me want to dive into my arm... like I would dive into warm laundry. Ten hours later, the faintest whiff of this remains, and smells the best yet.

Still, probably not a scent for me - I think the citrus was just too overpowering. A shame, because the hint of cleanliness is nice. Not TOO much of a shame, though, as I passed it on to my best friend who loves it. Hooray!

Fresh, clean laundry incarnate! Lovely, but not my style. Very similar to Wensleydale, though I think he had a little more depth to me. Mmmm I do love fresh laundry, though...

I was very excited about this one when I read about it on the BPAL site.

In the imp: Clean and fresh, really nice. A bit sweeter than I'd imagined.

Wet: Very linen-y and sweet. I hope it can hold up for at least a few hours.

Dry down: After a few minutes, the linens disappear and what remains is just a very sweet, fresh scent. It's good for a hot summer day.

After quite a few hours: This scent behaved really well on me up until I decided to go to bed without washing it off. It literally woke me up in the middle of the night because it had gone so nose-stingingly sweet. I washed it off and went back to bed.

Verdict: this is good for sometimes, when I want to smell just fresh and clean, but not for long periods of time without a re-apply. It's sweeter than I would have liked, as well. I was hoping for that clean laundry smell, but instead I got a sort of Downy Soft Flowers detergent smell. 3/5.

This was a frimp. It smells clean and light like laundry that's been washed in fabric softner and hung out in the sun to dry. I prefer sweet foody scents so this scent didn't appeal to me.

Really the description of Dirty nails it on the head. This is clean linens drying in the wind. Slighlty floral, slightly aquatic, Dirty is the perfect scent to wear on a lazy Saturday afternoon. Crisp, refreshing, and the perfect scent to wear while lying in bed in your jammies witha furball or mate!

I love this scent, and perfectly agree with Schmoozy above. A perfect lazy-day scent. I could just roll around in bed forever in this and be perfectly content.

EDIT: revisiting this scent after a few years in a new imp. It smells exactly like fresh laundry soap. Slightly lemon-y, very clean, with almost the sudsy-quality of soap, which is a little off putting to me after all. Very clean and fresh but ultimately a bit too much so for me.

Edited by delighted

I love "Dirty"

When I wore it last my guy asked me what I was wearing. He said it smelled like a sunny day. Fresh...clean and breezy like I had spent the entire day outside.

Gotta get me some more.....

In the Imp: Fresh, clean pretty shampoo scent. So different than my usual dark, sexy stuff. This could be a nice change.

Wet on skin: Very true to the scent in the imp. This is lovely. A clean, bright, fresh-scrubbed kind of scent. I like it.

Drydown: A less intense version of the same scent. This will get some serious use!

Overall: Absolutely lovely and pretty. A great scent for a hot summer day, or any time you want to feel clean and pampered. Bottle-worthy for sure!

Dirty is definitely detergent-y, crisp and little lemony. It has a sharpness that I really enjoy. There's a floral note that develops after half an hour. It feels tropical. Some say it's plumeria. I can't say that for certain, but it's lovely.

Dirty stays true, but loses its strength after three hours. Overall, I find Dirty refreshing in its simplicity and great for a spring day. I'm very glad I tried it!

I was very intrigued to try it out and boy is it lovely!

In imp: Lovely pile of fresh, clean sheets indeed! Accented with a lovely sweet note on top of all that freshness, yum!

Wet on skin: It's pretty much the same as in the imp, not much noticeable difference.

Drying: The sweet perfumey (in a good way!) note comes out a little stronger.

Dry: Lovely! The perfumey note has blended in with the clean smell. A simple, fresh, clean uplifting scent. Very comforting and cosy to me. I just want to fall into a big soft pile of new bedsheets now and spend the day there in new jammies cuddling ^_^

imp: light, clean, softly floral, airy.

wet: very slight citrus, clean rather than abrasive, still some light pretty florals. this really does smell clean.

dry: this really does give the impression of clean laundry, the scent is so light just like laundry smells when it's just pulled off the line. probably not bottle-worthy (though time will tell) but i love it nonetheless.

This is a great Saturday morning scent. You know, pop out of bed, make coffee to drink in the garden knowing you don't (if you're lucky) have to rush to work. Very uncontrived and agreeable. If you are looking for mystery, you'll have to look elsewhere.

This is a fresh and clean scent with an element of clean linens, however I get the cucumber/melon note that some people have been mentioning and it is a little bit cloying to my nose.

An excellent scent for clean laundry, not so much for me to wear.

in bottle - lovely, sweet, crisp. Plumeria?

wet on skin - same

Dry - It smells like cotton sheets or towels dried in the sun on a spring afternoon! That hint of sweet flowers with clean cotton. I just love it. Perfect for a sweltering Florida summer.

Sniffing the imp, I'm reminded of Downy fabric softener--the clean linen scent.

Wet on my skin, this smells exactly like it did in the imp vial. A few minutes after application, I am getting some floral notes out of this. I'd agree with previous reviewer that it reminds me of Plumeria.

By the time this is dry, it's less of a "clean" scent and more of a straight floral blend.