Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Scylla

Dirty

A wonderful antidote to an all-nighter oozing with drunken, addled perversion and debauchery. A fresh, crisp white linen scent: perfectly clean, perfectly breezy.

This smells like laundry detergent to me, which is not a good thing. I prefer my laundry to smell like fresh air and not scented detergent. I'm not keen on smelling like detergent either, so Dirty is not for me.

Source: Frimp from the Lab

In a word: Clean!

This is such a lovely, light scent, and it really does smell like fresh cotton sheets drying in the wind on a warm summer day. I can see how some people's noses might amp up a bit of Dirty's soapiness, but it feels very light to me and I really like it. I'm definitely going to be getting a big bottle of this soon! It's a perfect summer scent.

Wow, add me to the list of people who are amazed by the clean-laundry Dead On scent. It's not just the smell of laundry detergent, it's the smell of sticking your face in crisp cotton sheets warming in the sun.

It's a wonderful scent-memory kind of scent. I don't see myself reaching for it on any regular basis, but for people who love clean, fresh scents, this is a must-try.

3.8 out of 5

tis indeed 'clean' smelling. i get a bit of a plum note in here, kinda like kitsune-tski but not as strong. but mostly, it's like laundry detergent. honestly? it is an inoffensive and unremarkable scent to me...not really what i am looking for in my bpal...

In the bottle: Crisp indeed! Clean, a little citrusy, a wee bit sweet. Aquatic.

Wet: Green-white. Some flowers now, and light fruit, maybe honeydew or cucumber, and grapefruit pulp. Not at all sour or dry, but fresh and watery.

Dry: While a very clean scent, to me it is not like linen really, or laundry - it does not evoke such things that strongly. A shower, perhaps. But it's much more complex on me than the description would suggest, with the gentle mildly sweet citrus, cool cucumber, and delicate florals.

Later: In reading other reviews, I do totally believe those sweet and floral notes come from plumeria, and in sniffing one of my essential oils, linden is strongly present too. While it remains fresh and clean, it softens considerably as the floral notes amp, losing the citrusy crispness, but not the cool aquatic nature.

Summary: Airy, luminous plumeria and linden, tinged with cucumber and the slightest whisp of something darker, I believe it's cypress. Soft, feminine, and serene; clean without being sterile. Like early morning in late spring, dew-laden, pure, and lovely but not too bright or glaring. I don't get any ozone, linen or soap/detergent at any point. It does recall Blue Moon 07. Light throw but decent lasting power.

I am getting a bottle of this one, and, first S&S blend to work on me, as yesterday Kitsune-Tsuki was the first Diabolus blend to work on me. YAY! :P

Imp: A pleasant, gender-neutral scent.

Wet: Clean laundry, but in a good way!

Dry: Smells of fresh white cotton sheets. Lovely.

Overall: Again, another everyday scent; or a weekend scent, when you don't want to smell anything but clean.

This is a fresh, clean, charming, light scent, and I quite like it.

However, it's so exactly NOT me that I can't see myself wearing it again.

I love Tartchef. This is an imp from a newbie pack I got from her. The lady doth ruleth muchly!

Imp: Crisp & Clean with touches of light, airy

green peaking out.

Wet on Me:more crisp light airy green now. Like

laundry on the line on a spring day.

Drying Down:Lovely. Light and still faint

airy green.

Dry:Crisp Linen sunshine on my wrist.

Throw:Very good Stay: Also very nice

This is a love it and bottle worthy. My bottle list is getting longer and longer and I don't yet have the funds to acquire it all!

With the hot weather we've been having, I finally reached for Dirty after a nice cool shower. It ended up being a great winding-down down scent, for a quiet evening on a hot day. It's all clean laundry, dried in the sunshine. Not necessarily what I would reach for normally, but the crisp and cool mood is wonderful for summer.

In the imp: Yes, crisp is the word for this. I can't identify any notes but then again I am lousy at notes yet.

Wet on the wrist: There are several light florals coming and going.. I think I smelled white rose at one point. It still smells clean and fresh. I think I have smelled fabric softener like this - in a positive way. It doesn't smell plastic or fake at all.

Dry: I am getting sent memories of sleeping at my grandmothers. Clean sheets and summer.

Verdict: I like the scent but it seems my skin eats it... I have to put my nose on my wrist to even smell it after only an hours or so. Granted I had fairly little to test and it might do well with a more generous application. This is a scent I could sleep in.

Edited by Cyphersushi

In the imp, this is light, clean, almost sweet.

On my skin, it's clean and crisp, but also warm somehow - really nice!

When it dries, it's very light, very clean - also slightly sweet and warm. I like it a lot!

I didn't come to the reviews for this one right away, and so didn't have a description to go along with it. The name made me think, well, that it was going to be "dirty" like Smut, Perversion, etc. Nope! I was surprised to get a quick snap of lemon when I forst sniffed the imp, then a scent I could only describe as "clean".

Soft, sun-warmed whites on the clothesline. Yep, the Lab nails it again.

It wears much the same, and I notice little difference between the wet and dry stages on my skin. I would adore this scent on almost anyone. Beautiful & Bottle-worthy :P

Edit 12/15/08:

As it aged (or as my nose matured...either/or??) this began to get a soggy laundry vibe about it. Dank, beginning to mildew, was-fresh-but-not-anymore laundry. Swapped away post-haste :D

Edited by Indig0

I can't believe I have not reviewed Dirty before, as it is one of the first BPAL imps I got!

In imp: clean, somewhat floral, airy. I really don't get any specific notes.

Wet on skin: same as imp, quite strong. I usually don't like florals, but this is not sweet. There may be some citrus in there. I can undertand the repeated "fabric softener/soap" reviews, but this doesn't smell fake or chemical.

Drydown: softer and closer to the skin, but not much morphing. Very clean and simple appearing, which probably means it is lots of stuff really well ballanced. Definitely an outside, airy, "white," impression. Medium throw. Seems to be surviving on my scent-eating skin.

Later: Continues pretty much as it started, a clean, "not wearing prefume" type scent which would be great for work or days when you want to smell good without banging people in the nose with your BPAL. I like it quite a lot, which is suprising as I generally go for the spice/incense scents and avoid the dreaded "white florals," which tend to do awful things on my skin.

Ooooh la la! The total opposite of dirty. I love this scent and plan to wear it everytime I have a night of debaugtery. Which is a bit too often these days... haha.

This is such a gorgeous clean scent. I was really hoping it'd be a harsh comet-ish clean like Delousing Powder- a huge favorite of mine. But it's not at all like that, it's a sweet feminine clean scent.

It makes me think of this pretty little summer dress I hand washed and dried outside in the warm breezes. I live on the Central Coast of California and we just finally got some relief from a nasty heat-wave. It was over 100 degrees yesterday.

Dirty is the perfect scent for me today...

Very clean scent. I love citrus, and heard from somewhere that citrus lover's would like this. I like it, but not as something I would wear. I actually used the imp in a non-scented cleaning spray that I have. Works perfect, house smells great!

Sweet white florals. Linden is the first thing I notice while sniffing in the bottle, but on my skin, a very clean white rose starts to appear. There's some sort of melon there too. Soft and not too perfumey, but with a delicate pale floral sweetness. There might even be some white sandalwood in there just to ground it all. Dirty, to my nose, is a very young smelling perfume.

I adore this one. It smells exactly how I want to smell every time I get out of the of shower it's just so clean and amazing. Also it seems to stay pretty much the same from the bottle to my skin and even when it dries.

This is very soapy to me in the imp-a bit too much. I imagine if I sniffed this when I was hungover I would end up feeling nauseous. Hopefully it will mellow on my skin.

Eh, not much change on the skin. It is definitely too soapy to be fresh. I was hoping for that wonderful fresh, clean laundry smell. Instead, it smells more like laundry detergent.

On full drydown it sour soapy. Definitely not what I was hoping for in this blend.

yes! I did my laundry today and hung it outside to dry in the sun.. :D

that s how this one smells!

pure cotton & soft white goodiness mingled al together and give you that clear I do good things in my life feeling :P

it s as if I ve been sticking my nose in some freshly washed pillows! :D

Edited by lunaticana

This really is a fresh linen with just a touch of ozone. Very bright and clean. Also amazingly nothing soapy or dryer sheet-ish about it. This would be just the thing for a person who didn't like a strong perfume or has trouble with florals.

very gentle and breezy and clean... somewhat tropical? or is that mixing with Shango? lmao. >_< Keeping this imp, not sure about a 5ml yet though.

Fresh clean laundry! Dirty is simple and light. I used it on some dryer sheets and it made my laundry smell great. It's not something I'd wear as perfume but I love it mixed in with my linens.

In Vial: slightly sweet, fruity floral

Wet: sweet, wet fruits but soft, not the least bit over-powering.

Dry: I like this, but not love it. It's light, a tiny bit citrusy, just enough to make this smell clean but not enough to smell really fruity.

Truly a “clean laundry” scent just as the description says. I can’t think how else to describe it other than that. Like burying your nose in a basket of freshly laundered sheets and taking a deep breath. It’s crisp and slightly aquatic. I think there’s a touch of cool cucumber, and some gentle floral notes. It’s actually not “me” at all, but my husband loves it and wishes there were candles with this scent.