Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Northernminx

White Rabbit

Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.

More from my yummy ebay purchase, since I was impatient...

In the bottle, woah. Pepper. Something sharp. Is that the linen and ginger?

On, ok, there's the linen. It smells like a homemade linen teabag, after it's been used. Yum. It has a definite floral scent to me, but I can only think that's the honey and vanilla or something? Maybe the milk as well. It reminds me a bit of fading gardenias, which is good because I love them. (And I know it's not the gardenia body wash I used this morning because that stuff really never stays on my skin.)

Drying down it's got that floral tea undertone still but the pepper's coming out a bit and is tempered by the honey and milk. You know, I just realized -- this smells like a freshly prepared and doctored mug of my English breakfast tea. Maybe even a bit like Bengal spice, but with weak spice. A chai made with white tea, maybe.

This is really nice. It seems to be settling into a sweet floral tea and the vanilla is starting to come out, with an undertone of sharpness. I usually wear warm, full scents, without the sharpness, but I really like this one!

The longer I wear it, the sweeter it gets. Now I’m getting honey and vanilla tempered by weak tea and ginger. I’ve got a very strong impression of my bottle of orange-blossom honey. The ginger is definitely floral, and it’s like honey-covered flowers with the pepper peeking around in back with a slight bite. I just want to slather this!

This almost made it into my first order from the lab. Now I'm glad I got it even sooner. Mmm. I'm definitely going to use this imp up. Haven’t decided on a big bottle yet since I’m new to this all, but we’ll see.

Several hours later, after lunch, it's faded to a hint of almost-nothing sweetness. Now I want to pour some into a bottle, maybe with some carrier oil, so I can really slather it a lot.

i get the milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen but strangely enuff no black tea whatsoever in this scent.... :P

this is a very, very sweet perfume....quite lovely .... i adore how the white pepper and linen make an extremely pronounced appearance.... :D

i was actually quite hesitant on keeping this scent but i truly think i need to give her a few more chances before throwing the towel in.....

normally i don't dig such sweet perfumes but this is astonishingly different :D

yay lab....keep it up!!

I am horrible at detecting notes and this one was a challenge for me. I swear I smell the honey and vanilla, but I don't get the pepper. It's quite feminine and light, and I detect some citrus as well. Not one I'd wear all the time, it's more of a room scent to me than a perfume.

Initial Impression: It actually does smell a lot like inside a tea store. A hint of dry tea leaves and lemon.

After Wearing It: After a couple of minutes the milk kicks in, and the scent turns sweeter. A undertone of musk melon makes its appearance, together with the vanilla. I unfortunately can’t smell the ginger at all and the tea has faded to the distance.

Final Impression: It smells nice, although the tea tone fades and the smell becomes more like warm milk with some honey and vanilla and that unfortunate hint of musk melon with time. The hint slowly faded though, and after 2 hours or so the predominant smell was warm milk with vanilla and an undertone of black tea leaves. I can definitely see myself wearing this, but I really wished the ginger would show more as I absolutely love the smell of ginger.

In the bottle: A fresh, sharpness...almost fruity and flowery. The ginger and tea seem to be on top.

Wet: Linen, still very clean and fresh. It is not at all what I expected!

Dry Down: The floweryness mellows out into honey...Much like I imagine the transformation that the nectar goes through as the bees work. The vanilla emerges, caressing the honey. Delicious!

Dry: slightly peppery, fruity sweet and creamy. The honeyed tea lingers. Very light and dreamy. I'll definately have to slather!

Edited by lookingglass

The milkiness really comes out when I wear Wjite Rabbit. It's a very creamy-luscious smell. Oh how dapper I feel in this. It's almost like a white lace gloves fragrance. I love it! :P

White Rabbit

received in a swap

in vial: I can barely smell anything...a faint smell of pepper, ginger, and tea

wet: Still so faint...the pepper has faded and the sweetness of the honey begins to emerge

dry: Somewhere along the line this turns into a soapy floral on me...not good.

verdict: soapy floral = :P

Off to swaps!

Based upon the description I was sure I would love it with all my heart. I mean, come on! The notes are all of my favorite things rolled into one little bottle. So, imagine my surprise when I opened the lid and winced. I was sooo let down, but I had to put it on my skin to see if it changed for the better (crossed fingers and tried to be a little less harsh on the poor dear). Once it hit my skin I smelled the back tea and honey swirl into one. The other notes barely showed themselves for quite some time. I wanted to lick my wrists - the honey smelled so divoon. The ginger and pepper were second to show and I even felt a little tingling of my usually not sensitive skin to herald their arrival. As far as the linen is concerned, I only can attest to smelling very fresh despite the warm sweetness, which is so rare and unexpected. I am still getting used to the black tea...I don't know what I expected it to smell like, but not at all like this...this is beautiful though.

White Rabbit is not a very sophisticated scent, but it is so darn interesting I can't help but think I'll be buying a bottle of it very soon.

White Rabbit

The sweetness of White Rabbit reminds me of musk melon, and I'm NOT a fan of musk melon. It's not as bad as the musk melon I get in Hesperides or Iambe though, not unpleasant but not very pleasant either. I expected White Rabbit to smell like black tea with milk, honey and lemon and spicysweet cookies to go with the tea, but I get that impression from Dorian, Sudha Segara, Kumiho or Shanghai rather than from White Rabbit. All of the different notes in White Rabbit just adds upp to something vaguely sweet and juicy/milky that's not foody-yummy but rather an unfresh, artificial, simple honey-sweet melony/peachy fruitiness.

Edited by Caltha

In the bottle:

An unusual combonation of crisp, airy linen and honey

On me:

When this goes on wet, I get a powerful whiff of tea and pepper and ginger. As it starts to dry a bit, the honey comes out a little more, but not too much so. The ginger and pepper seem to be predominant on me so far, making this an oddly spicey scent. Ahhh wait, there's the tea! It's delicious! Now the scent is mostly tea and honey on me. I'm sad to say that it's quite hard for me to smell though, for some reason, this scent is very faint on my skin. I keep waiting for the vanilla, but I'm afraid I can't really detect it. The linen scent is still there, but just faintly in the background, which is a nice edition to the tea scent I think :P

Final note:

I like this a lot because of the tea scent, but I wish it had more throw and was longer lasting on me. I'm still considering a bottle, but I'm really going to have to slather this one on when I wear it lol.

This is lovely.

In the imp, it is all linen - fresh and a bit soapy.

On, the linen becomes a light backgrond note, leaving this smelling like tea with milk and honey on a freshly laundered table cloth.

There is a hint of sweetness to this, but it is more delicate than food like. This is just a soft, relaxing scent. Very comforting.

My impression:

The lovliest black tea with a hint of ginger and white pepper. After drydown you can smell the sweet cream and a softer scent. Oh what a lovely cup of tea indeed.

Yummy :P

on me, this smells like black licorice and milk mixed together. i keep smelling my arm, one minute i like it, the next minute i've not sure. i keep smelling it to see if it changes, and i don't think it does. just milky black licorice, with a hint of tea. also, it fades quickly on me.

i am ambivalent about this scent. i cant decide whether i like it or not! i definitely dont love it, but it could be interesting to wear once in awhile.

I got this from an lj purchase and the only reason I even put it on just now (instead of waiting to see how it worked tomorrow morning) was because I saw someone else had a bottle on eBay and maybe I'd want to get it...

...and I DO want to get it! Too bad I'm restricting myself from using ebay anymore...

This is such an interesting scent. I smell like tea, strong black tea with milk and something a little spicy. It's stronger than something I'd want to drink but it smells so good!

I just hope it won't make me late for things :P

ETA: My god, the throw on this is FANTASTIC. It's just in the crook of my elbow but it wafts up great!

Edited by eisoj5

When I first put this one, I got a little jolt of spice, but it quickly calmed down and became a sweeter and softer scent, almost floral like.

Now, on subsequent sniffings, I can smell the tea and really, all I can smell is the tea. There is no more spice or sweetness to the blend. Just tea.

In the bottle: Oh, wow. In the bottle I get dry tea and sweetness that isn't cloying, maybe a tiny bit of cream, and it's definitely cut by the pepper and ginger. In the background, I can just smell the linen, like a freshly-laundered line-dried tablecloth draped over the garden table for tea.

Wet: Okay, here's the weird part - wet, and well into the drydown, I kept getting this strong, sweet/tart note that I was just sure was lemons and apricot. And no, I wasn't confusing it with March Hare. *g* I've only just now realized that, duh, it's the honey, which is odd but sort of marvelous. I don't much like the taste of honey, so I'm not intimately familiar with its smell, but this is really really nice.

Drydown: At first I couldn't smell it at all except when I applied by nose to my wrist, and then all I got was the honey smell. But after about an hour the spicy vanilla and strong tea came out, mixing with the lightness of the honey scent, and the linen's there in the background, keeping everything in order. I love it. This smells so great on me.

I usually try things out lightly, just on my wrists, in case they don't work, but after an hour or so I went back and slathered this all over my arms, neck, and chest. Oh my God. Yum.

I LOVE White Rabbit! I got the Imp with my last purchase and immediatly placed an order for a 5ml.

Smells like sweet honey, tea, ginger, and lemon. Mmmm hours later I kept smelling myself. This is unlike anything I've ever tried. I can see why people get so addicted to BPAL!

Final verdict, AMAZING!

In the bottle: Tea, milk, and a bit of ginger

First on: I can barely smell it. I think it's hte milk hiding it, but I can catch whiffs of ginger, tea, and pepper.

Drydown: It's pretty much staying the same. It's nice, and if it were stronger I'd wear it a lot, but I have to search for it on my skin.

Honey and tea, with vanilla undertones. I don’t get much ginger from it. Very lovely, elegant scent – a good one for work when I need to ‘suit up’ and appear business-like (not my most comfortable mode!).

Throw is medium, staying power is strong – this has lasted four hours already with a fairly light application, and isn’t showing signs of fading yet.

Another winner – definitely going on the big-bottle list!

I wasn't very impressed with this scent when I first got it, but over the past

month or so I find myself reaching for it more than any other. On me it smell like black tea with milk and the teeniest bit of honey in it. Sometimes I think I catch a whiff of fresh linen, or lemon, but they are just fleeting impressions. I can't detect the black pepper or ginger, unfortunately, as I love those scents, however White Rabbit has become thoroughly addictive anyway. It's a very fresh, clean, warm scent- nothing in the least sultry or sexy, although I don't think I'd use the term 'innocent' to describe it either. For me, it's just a perfect second skin sort of smell.

This was a swap with the lovely BrittanyGrace... :P

In the bottle, this smelled like cleaning fluid to me. Yummy cleaning fluid, but cleaning fluid nonetheless. Fortunately, once it goes on, it's delicious. There's a very pleasant, crisp note-- the linen, I think-- and lots of creamy tea. Nose-tickling spice and a teensy bit of citrus, I think... I'm having a lot of trouble picking out individual notes tonight, but I really like it.

Unsweetened black tea and white linens are what I smell here. I thought it would be sweeter, like a chai tea, but I’m not picking up any of the cinnamon, ginger, or vanilla. It’s vaguely floral to me, too. I like it OK, but it’s not very strong – my little imp is almost gone already.

Weird.. when I smell the bottle.. I smell an almost feral chocolate fudge smell. It's almost intoxicating in its richness.

On my skin.. Soo much honey. The honey is coating the inside of my nose, it really is. In an.. indecent way. This scent is really different that any I've tried. It's really strong on me, I smell chocolate and honey. No ginger or tea at all! So weird because I know there's not a chocolate note. Maybe I'm just mistaking the richness of the honey smell for chocolate.

I'm really tempted to bite my arm. This is what I imagine the inside of a honey comb would smell like. So yummy.

Unfortunately I think I am finding that I don't do well with milky scents.

When first applied, this really smelled like orange blossom to me. Reminded me of an orange blossom "perfume" my sister had when we were kids. It wasn't very strong at all, and I thought that it would certainly fade away into nothingness.

After about 10 minutes though, the pepper really started coming out. I really liked this phase, which lasted maybe 20 minutes for me.

Sadly, the next phase of this scent was pure "b.o." on me. :P I don't know how else to describe it. It just started to smell like sweat. After about 5 hours of wear, this is still going strong. I can still smell the pepper pretty strongly, but I think it is the milk and honey combining to form the "yuck factor" with my chemistry.

Oh, well. Too bad.

BOTTLE SNITFF: A strange but attractive sweet-and-sour smell. Primarily lemon -- probably the ginger, and something similar to the linen smell of Dirty

WET ON SKIN: Very fresh scent. Ginger and vanilla seem dominant. Then the linen (again, like Dirty). Something that reminds me of Sudha Segara as well -- probably the tea/honey combination.

DRYDOWN: The vaguely sour note returns a bit, than fades over time. I think it's the milk -- I had a spoiled/diapery smell from Milk Moon as well. After that fades, the scent is lovely -- soft, sweet, and crisp.

FINAL THOUGHTS: Like many of the oils I have tried so far (except Jack and Snake Oil -- whoa!), this seems light on my skin and fades to nearly nothing after a couple of hours. I think I prefer Sudha Segara. It blends more with my skin chemistry and I never get that sour milky note.

Waiting to try Dorian (on the way!), so I'll see which tea/vanilla/honey/milk scent I prefer since they all share some similar notes.

As of 9/4/05 -- I can officially say: Dorian is the best and definitely bottle-worthy (love the strong vanilla). :P

Then Sudha Segara. White Rabbit is good, but my least favorite.