Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Northernminx

White Rabbit

Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.

Wet this is very sharp, but as it dries down it's the perfect soft tea and milk scent. I might have to get a bottle.

I'm really into the Mad Tea Party scents, which surprised me, so I definitely wanted to try this one since its description seemed really interesting.

First Sniff Impression: Sweet and almost musky

Wet in Vial: I think the pepper and ginger were giving me a musk undertone to the sweetness of the milk, honey, and vanilla. Interesting! An animalistic scent that's still light like a rabbit, without being all HEAVY MATING MUSK.

Drying Down on Skin: Ooh, the crisp linen comes right out at you, straight through the lighter honey, milk, and vanilla. It might be mixed with the tea, since I'm not 100% positive what the black tea single note is. I think the ginger is sharpening up the linen too. It's a super fresh, green smell.

Dry on Skin: Dry this is making me think of new things growing out of the ground. It's a very fresh, spring scent to me. As it continues to sit on my skin, some of the almost sharp, vibrant greenery fades and leaves behind that crisp linen smell. I liked it a little better when it was more herbal, but it's still very nice. I've just never been a huge fan of "linen" smells unless it's actually laundry that's been out on a line.

Conclusion: Hours later the fresh linen smell faded and left behind a sweet, musky vanilla honey tea. It was nice in a way, but I feel like it's one of those scents that might make me kind of sick after a while. But I still enjoyed it, so I'll be keeping an imp of it in my collection.

Morphs like crazy. I love the tea. Don't get much ginger, honey, or vanilla. There's a tanginess to this, and a bit of pepper. The linen's nice, too; makes it feel clean. I think I like this, but I'm never sure if I love it.

Where I'd wear it: Spunky house-cleaning

I recently picked this up because I'm such a sucker for honey! For me, it does not disappoint.

In Bottle: I'm getting a lot of ginger and white pepper over the softest black tea base. This smells spicy but not overly so.

Wet on Skin: The honey and vanilla really come out to play when this is wet. It's a tea with a bit of a kick, and the pepper and ginger start to fade to the background as this begins to dry.

Dry on Skin: This is like a beautiful honeyed vanilla tea when dry on my skin. There's just the slightest hint of a crispness of linen at the back of my nose when I sniff this dry on the skin.

Hours Later/Final Impressions: I'm really glad I snapped this up when I saw it on the Etsy. It's a perfect day-to-day scent for me. It wears pretty close to my skin but I love that the honey and ginger and vanilla really shine through the most as BPAL's honey is my jam. I love this, it's soft and feminine yet powerful and a little sexy to me, due to that honey and ginger.

i loved this one so much i bought a bottle after using my imp once. it morphs SOOO much on me but i love it absolutely every step of the way.

in the imp: sharp black tea and clean, floral linen

wet: black tea, linen, and the ginger comes in to play. i'm an absolute nut for scents with pepper in them - unfortunately, i don't get any here. it's clean, it's fresh, it's sharp, it's tangy.

dry: the longer it's on my skin, the softer and sweeter it gets. after a few hours, it's almost unrecognizeable. soft, sweet honey and vanilla. i think i smell a LITTLE bit of the pepper, because it takes on a slightly spicy quality, like a ginger cookie.

overall this perfume is so well-blended it's difficult for me to pick out any particular notes. i love it because it's fresh and clean without being too sterile. it's mild and pleasant without being boring. it's sophisticated and invigorating.

In the imp, there are too many notes to pick out except a faint sweetness. on my skin it smells like powdered milk, hot black tea, and laundry soap pods - the kind you want to eat even when you know they're poison.

I'm testing an imp fresh from the Lab against an imp that's 4+ years old.

Fresh

In the imp: I'm getting milk, honey, linen, a really strong black tea note and some ginger.

Wet: The linen, black tea, and ginger are the strongest notes on my skin, sweetened by the milk and honey. The linen note is gaining strength as the scent sits on my skin.

Dry: The linen dominates, along with a lot of milk and black tea. The scent is sweetened by the honey, and the ginger, while still present, is not as strong as it was before.

After a while, the milk overtakes the linen, so that it's a lightly-spiced clean scent.

Verdict: I wish I had gotten more honey and vanilla from this tea scent, instead of milk and linen. The milk and linen end up being too strong for my liking. I prefer the wet stage of the scent.

Aged

In the imp: This one is a lot smoother and significantly less sweet. The linen, black tea, and milk are the strongest notes in the imp, but they don't have the sharp quality of the fresh imp. The ginger note is also a lot lighter.

Wet: I'm getting milk, linen, tea and ginger. Unlike the fresh imp, the tea and ginger are light here.

Dry: Milk and clean linen, accompanied by very faint tea and ginger. The milk note is the strongest note on me, and this ends up being mostly a skin scent.

Verdict: Oddly enough, I think I enjoy the fresh imp more.

Edited by dementia_divine

I remember the vanilla causing problems for me last time I tried this. It was like a tres leche cake. Now, it's a milky black tea with a helping of ginger. I get some of the pepper on the dry down which gives it a nice spice. I'm very excited that this turned around because I love tea scents. It holds sweet and strong, with that little bit of pepper.

I've been dying to try this one for years, but the pepper made me nervous. I needn't have worried a smidge, this is absolutely glorious! It smells exactly like the description: a sweet, milky cup of black ginger tea (with gobs of honey!) and a trace of linen. The honey is especially light and sweet, and makes me think of Spring. The White Rabbit bunnyhopped straight to the top of my favorites and I need a bottle ASAP, I'm swooning here!

I guess I never reviewed White Rabbit. Retesting today to refresh my memory, and because I wanted a tea scent. My skin usually drinks up tea immediately, but White Rabbit lasts longer than most. There is a bright sharpness to this scent from the ginger and pepper, and maybe from the linen, which does not go soapy on me. It's balanced by the milk and honey notes, but they don't subdue the ginger. Very nice!

The black tea and vanilla notes led me to expect something along the lines of Dorian, but this is surprisingly very different! I mostly pick up the honey and vanilla notes in the imp and upon application, but a very clean, fresh, almost sharp note (the linen?) amps up fast. After it dries down, the honey, vanilla, and milk notes come back out, but they're balanced out by the linen/white pepper notes in a way that keeps it from getting overly sweet/foody. It's a unexpectedly clean/fresh take on foody scents, and I really like it! Likely to grab a bottle once my imp runs out.

Something about the ginger on this reads as lemon to me. I get something that reminds me of those canned lemony, sweet teas mixed with clean laundry smell. It's discordant to my nose and doesn't seem to like my chemistry. It's a nice example of bpal's linen note though.

Lab frimp aged about 4 years.

In the imp: sharpness - ginger and pepper

Wet on me: Wow, this really is reminiscent of milk tea sweetened with honey. Accented by the pepper and ginger.

After 5 minutes: I'm picking up almost all of the listed notes. That never happens! And glory be, no dominatrix vanilla. Just enough to give the impression of milkiness.

After 15 minutes: It's sweet, the honey is showing strong. For honey, that is; it's always a gentle, more subtle note. And now, with an impression of florals - that has to be the clean linen. This isn't foody at all. I'm not sure if it is strongly or realisticly floral enough to be a short-list favorite, but it's edging awfully close. I love the tea note - I'm a tea-lover and tea notes never seem realistic to me. Especially black tea, which is by far my favorite. But this comes very close to that, too. It helps that this is a milk tea, not a plain (no milk) sweetened black tea. It's also a gentle and mild perfume that might be a suitable choice for wearing in public places.

After 45 minutes: Now it's all clean linen. Another scent I really like, but not as interesting and unusual as the milk tea.

After 2 1/2 hours, it's powder, honey, and a hint of spice. Still quite lovely.

Verdict: This doesn't quite make me swoon like the Rose in Viola and The Peacock Queen or the golden Amber in The Lion does, but I do love it. It's going into my Favorites box. A bottle might be in my future.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Edited by Ghost of a Rose

Testing a very, very aged imp(5+ years) so YMMV --

Wet: Black tea with extra honey, and a dash of pepper. There's almost a buttery quality to this as well.

Dry: Tea and honey! While the wet stage the tea was definitely identifiable as a black tea, the dry down is just... vaguely tea. This seems a little bit sweeter than the wet stage(the vanilla coming through?), and the buttery-like scent from earlier has disappeared.

While I do like this, it's not bottle-worthy for me.

I'm going to start this with the mention that I think my decant is pretty old

Wet: It smells sharply soapy. Like, this is how my older sister describes how cilantro tastes (I can eat cilantro- but she hates it).

Dry: Linen? The soapy feel is more there, but in the generic "cotton" fragrance" sort of way. There's a sharp bit, that may be ginger or pepper it's not sweet, but doesn't feel like pepper due to an additional creaminess. Any "tea" feels more like a generic woods.

Aftermath: Oh, the ginger comes out when the "linen" finally backs off. This is nothing like I expected. It might be nice for layering with something also fresh.

I've definitely reviewed this before several times IN MY HEAD but apparently never in an actual post. 

In the imp: Black tea with milk, honey, ginger, and vanilla. 

On my skin:

Wet, the tea fades back a bit while the honey and vanilla come forward. As it dries, the balance shifts so that it's a vanilla cream softened honeyed black tea. There's a bit of pepper and ginger giving an extra kick, but not so much that they stand out as notes of their own. Ultimately, it settles down to a very honeyed ginger and vanilla tea scent on me. White pepper is only there as a whisper, and no trace of linen. As a honey and spice lover, this suits me just fine. It's a very enjoyable blend on me. 

Average throw.  

I wish my experience of White Rabbit was similar to torischroeder9!

In the initial wet phase I can detect the tea and the linen, then it’s all up linen hill from there. Fresh, a bit soapy, maybe some cream, yet not as enjoyable as The Sea Foams Milk. If I want to smell like laundry, I know where to go. In the last stage of wear the linen does back off and the tea is there with maybe a shred of ginger, not spicy at all though. Takes a while to get there and isn’t much throw by then anyway....

Maybe if I can try an aged imp, it’ll be different ratio of notes. For now, I’m letting this white rabbit hop away. 

Received as an imp. It smells so yummy. At first I smell tea, but then it blossoms into vanilla, milk, ginger, & honey with crisp linen. Complex, delicate, a bit of heaven.

I didn’t look at the description so I was expecting something mysterious and it definitely was! Out of the Imp I couldn’t distinguish any dents. Wet on my skin in could smell a bit of pepper and vanilla but dry the pepper cane out so much it made my nose tingle! I can’t smell anything other than pepper now. Definitely not one Id wear. 

I got this as a frimp in my first ever order and it was the first one out of all the frimps to be used up. I’ve since bought a full bottle of this and I refrain myself from using this every day with little success as it’s such a gorgeous scent. It’s now my favourite in my collection. 

White Rabbit is a hug in a bottle. It’s a well worn blanket being wrapped over you by a loved one when you’re not well. Here with good intentions. It’s a friend who offers you a cup of tea after you spent an hour crying on their shoulder. If the scent was a person you know that person would be just so genuinely lovely no matter what the world threw at them. If your guardian angel wore perfume. 

I’m finding it hard to review the scent on a note by note basis like other people have because White Rabbit just doesn’t work that way for me.

More to this rabbit than one might expect. 

This is basically a tea single note to me. I don't get much of the clean linen, it's mostly just the milky sweet and peppery tea. My imp is probably really old, so that could a factor. Lack of linen notes aside, this is a really nice tea scent and I'm enjoying the pepper note. I didn't think I'd like the tea and pepper together, but the pepper note isn't too strong on my skin.

I might end up grabbing a bottle of this eventually! Hoping that I'll get a stronger clean linen note too.

In the imp:  Linen with a hint of sweetened black tea.

Wet on skin:  Light, sweet, floraly linen - lovely!

Dry on skin:  The honey & vanilla have moved to the front now, the other notes are faintly in the background.

After several hours: Very subtle now (forgot to check it earlier) - a sweet, honeyed, spiced tea with a hint of linen. 

Verdict: I love this! It’s pretty & yummy, while still being subtle & wearable.

Due to others' comparisons of fresh imps vs. aged imps with White Rabbit, I believe I have an aged imp.

Wet on my skin, the crisp linen and pepper are noticeable amidst some sweeter, creamy components. Black tea is a difficult scent to bring forward, I think. I would have liked a stronger scent,  but this is very soft.

As it dries, the milk note comes out more and it does give a bit of a milk tea vibe, like in a Taiwanese boba shop.

Interesting, and I'll be keeping this imp for myself rather than passing it along, thank you!

White Rabbit! Oh, I am loving this one enough to FS it. First, “black tea” from the lab often reads as a spice bomb on me, but,  Here, it is so subdued. The top note is that white pepper. I love pepper in perfumes ever since I tried Arcana Haint. If that soft lofty floral is the linen THEN GIVE ME ALL YOUR LINEN. Reminds me of the “fluttering white cotton” in Boo! I might slather test to see if it passes a big wear. No sour milky note, Just gentle and creamy, Reads more like a foodie vanilla than milk, but over all not foodie. Wow, I think I wanna layer with Boo HG, as I think they would be so complimentary. This is a lovely anytime scent, but feel it would be perfect for afternoons out when your hair is in a sloppy bun and your shoes are open toed, theres a beverage to sip, and it feels lovely to just have free time to linger as you seldom get that and want to take some self care. This is a fragrance for slowing down and relishing the moment. The scent of respite.

Edited by Missanneshirleyofgg

I love how White Rabbit smells when freshly applied, but my skin seems to eat it up rather quickly. After 30 minutes I'm left with a very faint impression of an orchid adjacent floral and a trace of sweetness. Maybe I will try it as a locket scent.

Edited by LavenderCoffee