Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Northernminx

White Rabbit

Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.

I really wanted to love this one. It's not terrible but it just ends up smelling lemony-soapy and powdery on me. I don't get any of the tea, honey or milk notes. Perhaps this one would do better in a scent locket?

in the imp: black tea.

wet on skin: ooo nice... tea, served in the kind of unfashionable way I like to drink it: very strong, very sweet, and with lots of milk.

dry on skin: I love it. sweet tea, milk, two lumps of white pepper... served from a clean bedsheet.

six hours later: the sugar left on the bottom of the cup after you've drunk the tea; sweet and faint.

verdict: I've worn this to work every day since I got the imp. I'm definitely getting a bottle of this.

Sniffing the imp, it's mostly milk and honey.

Wet on my skin, the white pepper is overpowering at first, then the milk and honey notes are back. The more it dries, it goes powdery lemon and the milk note goes sour. Sadly, this one is not for me.

This starts out just like Milk Moon...sour pineapple flavored cow secretions. Blarg. As it dries down the sourness recedes and the honey smooths things out a bit, but it's still not enough. There's just too many mind-blowingly good BPAL tea blends out and about for me to want to mess around with this rascally rabbit's hijinx. Tricks are for kids, rabbit, not my BPAL.

This smells on my skin like a stale cookie made entirely out of artificial ingredients.

Obviously, I'll be passing this imp on. It has too many good things in it, therefore it will be fantastic on someone else.

So far my BPAL explorations have shown that I like white vanilla florals and spicey smokey complex things. I was skeptical about White Rabbit because I'd already tried and hated Dorian, which was way too sweet and boring on me. But white rabbit was another story. I took one whiff of the imp, and I was like ohhh no: This right here is a big bottle scent for me. It was everything I'd hoped. It is fresh and springy and happy, and it lasts plenty long and changes over time, but not so much that it loses its integrity. There was a little lemon on me, which I guess is the clean linen. I know I haven't gotten the review format quite right, but I'm new, so please forgive me.

Imp: Ooof! Pepper! Maybe a touch of ginger

Wet: PEPPER...and cheese? Oh God this smells exactly like the cut-rate-carbonara I make for myself (spaghetti w/ peccorino, little cream to bind it, and a LOAD of pepper) all the time.

Drydown: Well that's better. Still pepper like woah but with some honey and something clean mixed in.

Overall: There's nothing wrong with this scent, per se...but it's just too odd for me. I love me some pepper, but I'm not sure I need to smell like it.

I love the smell of tea. And black tea? Unf. One of my favorite scents in the whole world. After loving Dorian so much, I figured White Rabbit was a definite future love. And it was, at first..

Initial Smell from Imp: Oooh, this is lovely. Creamy dark tea, a hint of linen.

Wet: Much of the same, only something funky is popping up.. Is that..the pepper? It's very acrid; it smells like someone came trampsing through my lovely tea party and set fire to the table cloth.

Dry: Burnt rubber. How did this happen?!

Out of 10: 3. At least I learned that pepper hates my skin. Sigh.

Imp: Milk Moon & mint

Wet: Milk Moon, mint, latex gloves

Drydown: Milk Moon, fresh cut grass, latex gloves

Overall: I can't get past the latex scent. If not for that, this scent would be something I would really like. Too bad. :(

So I've tried this a couple of times now, and my skin just keeps eating this one. It's pretty hard to post impressions of a scent when it disappears about an hour after you put it on. For the duration it was on my skin, there was a clean creaminess. I didn't get much ginger. It was soft and fuzzy-like. I liked it, but it stayed fairly non-descript for me.

In the imp: Honey! The honey is really big to start, but after a whiff or two, it comes across as warm, pleasantly spicy honey, with ginger up front and an astonishingly good pepper note behind. The milk and vanilla seem blended together to me, just sort of adding some creamy sweetness, while the tea grounds it all and ties it together, cutting the honey's sweetness. Don't get the clean linen yet, and I would almost swear there's a squirt of lemon in here somewhere. This is a clean honey, not the lab's sexy, smutty honey.

On, wet: Lot of strong, dark tea, sweetened with spiced honey. Like a really fragrant, lovely cup of chai, lightened with milk and set on a fresh linen tablecloth. Awesome! It's much less sweet now, as the tea is in the forefront, but still, all the notes seem to be coming out and playing well together. The linen note is perfect, very crisp and clean, hovering all around the edges of the chai-scent.

On, dry: Delicious, clean, gorgeous, and sweeter, but never too sweet. The tea is still the base, but it's softer now, and the ginger and pepper have blended into a single uniquely warm and spicy note. The milk and honey and vanilla have also combined, and they soften this and sweeten it up to just the right degree. All around this is the soft linen note, clean and fresh, but not obtrusive or soapy. My nose keeps insisting that there's a twinge of lemon in here somewhere, but I think that's just my silly brain insisting that any proper cup of black tea must have a slice of lemon in it. :lol: Anyway, it's mostly unchanged, blending seamlessly together into a scent where all the components just work. I can see why I hear so much about the blend.

Later: Okay, now this is unexpected. The milk and spice and vanilla and linen are here, along with… something light, sweet and floral? I'm not complaining, though. It's very pretty, elegant and delicate, not an overpowering or soapy sort of floral at all. It reminds me of the semi-floral taste and aroma that you get from a great cup of tea, only it doesn't really smell like the black tea note. If that makes any sense. In any case, it's still amazing.

Overall: White Rabbit is honestly not like any other BPAL blend that I've smelled, and it's wonderful. Initially, I wondered if any of these notes might take over the blend, like the clean linen or the honey, but everything here is restrained. This is smoothly blended and perfectly balanced, with just the right mix of sweetness, spice, warmth and crisp freshness, all grounded by the lovely black tea note. The throw was good while it lasted, but alas, my only complaint is that this one lasts only a few hours for me. But reapplication isn't a big deal, and it's worth it for the unique spice-tea-linen combination. :D

First and foremost, this is a very clean scent. It's fresh, airy, not at all heavy or cloying. I don't smell the honey or vanilla, but the tea and white pepper are strong in a pleasant way. On me, it doesn't have much of a throw, but it's still nice. I'd say it was unisex, leaning towards feminine. :D

At first its sort of lemony, a little candy, then HOT DAMN black tea with lemon! Maybe that's the clean linen smell? Now it's sort of indistinct… The ginger might be there, but… the rest is fuddled. (Why must so many scents smell the SAME on me?!) The lemon is gone, there's still something sharp, but its not lemon.

well, the first thing I did when I sniffed the imp was made a face. :ack:

It smells kinda sour to my nose. It's actually kinda like the scent of a tequila sunrise to me. Sort of an acidic OJ topped off with the sharpness of the tequila. Nope... I don't wanna wake up smelling like I had one too many last night. kthxbai!

White Rabbit

In the Imp: oooh! black tea and a fruity thingy going on....I'm way more impressed by the tea than the fruity thingy...(I've had a couple of bpal fragrances go "life saver" on me recently) so I'm hoping this isn't doomed for the swap pile....

Wet: The black tea isn't so obvious, but the sweet has also dissipated....I'm now getting the spicy subtleness of the rabbit (eyew.) and the linen.

Dry: Oh, it's like i work at a drycleaners. Linen. lots and lots of linen, but still a bit of spice and cream....

Time Lapse 1 hour: baby powder linen with a bit of sweet (what is going sweet on me?!) Not what I was hoping for, but not bad at all!

Time Lapse 2 hour: I gotta stop putting this 2 hour thing in here....all the fragrances are gone on me by 2 hours...you gotta be a bloodhound to find any trace of fragrance....grrrrrrrrrrr.......

Verdict: Light, fruity, spicy, gentle....like waking up slowly a little late and thinking it's going to be a good day....now who doesn't need 5mls of

THAT?! [=

In the imp: Black tea with cream and a tiny bit of spice that must be coming from the white pepper, because it sure doesn't smell like ginger

Wet on skin: The linen note, which is lovely on me in Wensleydale and Antique Lace, is doing weird things here...it's drowning out the tea and starting to smell kind of like biscotti. :eek:

Dry on skin: No tea, ginger, or cream; after about half an hour, this blend smells like dry toast on my skin.

A very strange experience...

On me this smells like this basket of sea shell soaps my grandmother had in her bathroom, that weren't so much for use, but for decoration.. I really don't care for this too much.

This was a scent that I kind of hoped to love.

First of all, because I have a soft spot for white rabbits, but also because the notes seemed so nice - black tea, honey, milk... it couldn't go wrong.

This starts with a strong sweet white bloom scent. It's rather sharp, and the first 5 times I tried it, it just made me sad. I can guess that this thing, in the back, is the milk. The sort of breezy feeling in the back, is the clean linen...

The sweetness, is more of a sugar sirop smell. I think it's the vanilla and honey going all gooey-dooey together. It smells like sugar, mixed with water, boiling....

Still... it's grown on me.

Lately, I've noticed I wear it, for the dry stage alone, when it becomes a soft, sugared scent... with wiffs of creamy milk, that come floating from time to time...

I'm disapointed because it wasn't as good as I was expecting, but, it's still nice... maybe not "bottle-worthy" nice, but still nice.

In the Vial: Milky, a confusingly sweetly thick yet somehow sour milk. And something else that comes across sharply. Mebbe I'm smelling the tea? Oh wait, rereading the notes, the thickly sweet note would be, duh, honey.

Wet: Sweet honey and sharp tea. And something that's tickling my nose. Uh oh. Probably the white pepper?

Drydown: The milk's not all that noticeable now. Definitely the honey and tea are most prominent. Think the pepper is still tickling my nose. And I think I'm getting a hint of the vanilla + clean linen a la Antique Lace.

Verdict: This is a "nice" blend. It's just a bit plain to my nose and on my skin. I think I'd prefer Antique Lace or Mouse's Sad & Long Tale, or even layering them w/ Dorian (or the recently discon'd Severin) to get the tea aspects. Definitely nice, but not enough for me to get a 5ml, and wouldn't mind passing this imp on, either.

This was my first bottle purchase, and the first bottle I re-homed. It sounded so perfect that I just bought a bottle unsniffed but it sadly did not agree with me at all. No tea, no honey, no nothing only something sour. It could've been so perfect...

It looks like there's a lot of different reactions to this.

On me, at first, it's totally sweet and sugary, like chewing a piece of juicyfruit gum. Then the tea comes out a little bit but it's still very fruity.

An hour or two later its very nice, tea and vanilla.

The initial phase is too sweet for me, but I will be searching out scents with black tea as a note.

Edit: This has really grown on me to become my favorite tea scent so far. It's sweet vanilla tea and peppery, it has decent throw and lasts a long time. Love it now.

Edited by HKB

It starts out sweet and citrusy. It's very sharp on me and I'm unpleasantly reminded of household cleaner. Is this the clean linen? It completely overpowers all the other notes.

When dry, I get hints of the black tea, ginger, honey, and vanilla. But they're hard to find under the plastic-y cleaner scent. Briefly, now and then, I catch a flash of what could be a really nice fragrance, but it's quickly buried again under the cleaner.

I wanted to like this because the description sounded so good, but it's just not working on my skin. This is the second time I've tried it and, if anything, it's even worse than the first. I might try layering this to see if I can't find something that will tone down the plastic and bring out the other notes, but there's no way I can wear it alone.

In the vial: Sweet, and slightly astringent, picking up mostly the honey and ginger, it almost reminds me of a perfume I had when I was a young teen. Scares me a bit, because my chemistry does horrible things with sweet. (It was a bit of a gamble when I bought the imp)

Wet: Oh god honey, so much honey, with a bit of creaminess, I should have known better, but it sounded like it'd smell so good.

Dry down: Holy crap, the honey died down, thank the FSM, still sweet but not smack you upside the head cloying anymore. Milky now, with a touch of vanilla, the linen smell is in the background, and cut with a tiny bit of spiciness. Smells kind of like baking, and clean laundry.

Verdict: Over all very pleasant, and comforting. I'm surprised at how it turned out on my skin, I was half expecting a nightmare. Out of the scents I bought, and tried (still working through them) this is the one that I know my husband will go totally gaga over, when he gets home. (His favorite "perfume" I wear to date has been vanilla extract, yes, the stuff you use for baking.)

Sadly, White Rabbit amped the milk note of doom from Milk Moon 07 and The Phantom Cow. It sounded beautiful but smelled like sour milk on me more than anything else.

White Rabbit (aged 10 months)

All of the scents go surprisingly well with each other. The ginger and floral honey both come out as the dominant notes, and then the tea and pepper follow. The linen and milk trails at the end, which makes itself into its own kind of musky comforting base. This scent is very pretty. Unfortunately this fades really fast into a powdery linen-pepper smell (about 10 minutes time), and then fades even quicker into just powdery honey with, oh - there's the vanilla - for a good 8 hours. Where did all of my wonderfully orchestrated notes go?

Verdict: A great concept, but completely fails in longevity. Practically, it could be used to help someone fall asleep - but I would not buy again - the end result is only a sub-par scent mixed in with baby powder. *Sigh*

Edited by Alexanne