Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Northernminx

White Rabbit

Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.

In the bottle: Colourless oil. First thought - Manhattan! Tea and leather, slick and smooth. Sniffed more intently, the tea has that piney note underneath, and there are some bright, fresh notes of ginger and citrus (I think I read linen as citrus). Lightly sweet and creamy, too - very intriguing!

Wet: Still very Manhattany, but a bit less artificial-plastic, and a bit more smooth pine. Quite citrusy, refreshingly, especially combined with the invigorating ginger. Honey emerges a bit, and is pale and a bit floral, not strongly nuanced or sticky sweet. The milk and vanilla notes are light and provide a comforting base.

Dry: The milk note has amped alot, and it's a bit sour. The tea still has a bit of plastic to it. And there is something nutty here, sort of like rancid almond - not extract, but the actual nut, and it may be the vanilla, or else melding with that now sort of fake vanilla note that has amped Only the delicate and lovely honey redeems this, and it's very faint. Citrus and ginger gone

Later: It's morphed and faded dramatically; now very faint on the whole, the strongest notes are that rancid nut (like shea gone bad) and fake vanilla duo and plasticky-piney tea. Sour milk and pale honey linger ghostly in the distance.

Summary: A cloying, sickly medley of rancid, nutty shea and fake, sweet vanilla, over a bed of artificial, leathery-tea with only a hint of its evergreen origins, and the barest soft whisper of pure, golden, floral honey. Low throw, and while it fluctuates oddly in strength and fades quite a bit, is has great lasting power once it settles.

This really, really did not work on my skin. Edited by Shollin
fixed BPAL tags --Shollin

When I first put it on I am hit with the scent of sweet black tea and clothing left to dry in the sun.

White Rabbit doesn’t shift much on me, other then sometimes a little more tea will come through. Overall it’s a nice lingering scent that I am defiantly going to be buying a bigger bottle for.

I almost could not smell it at first and found myself slathering it on, but after about twenty minutes or so it finally warmed up and bloomed a bit.

That said, White Rabbit is not at all what I expected - I was hoping for more tea, less creamy dessert? - but I cannot imagine it being anything other than what it is! I am unsure of what notes I am picking up other than the vanilla, but to me the only thing that comes to mind while wearing this oil is cakes cakes cakes. Little round cakes, small porcelain teacups and tiny white gloves! It is subtle and light, clean and creamy and really quite delicious; it is the White Rabbit exactly. :P

Edited a few hours later to add; ohhhhh my goodness. This has warmed and settled into such a gorgeous, creamy and spicy scent. I can't stop sniffing my own arms! (And truth be told, although it may be TMI, sticking my face down into my own top, as I slathered a bit of White Rabbit in my cleavage earlier!)

I told my boyfriend I smell like spiced cakes. :D

I'm not sure if I'll keep this imp based on the initial scent - although it's very nice, incredibly lovely, but not a thing I would sell my belongings for - but this thing it has morphed into? Ohmygod!

I think we may need to go on a couple of more dates, White Rabbit and I, before I decide for certain. :D

But to anyone who enjoys unique, creamy, desserty scents? Highly recommended!!!

Edited by undream

OMG :P

I feel like in fell into one of the SUPER~LARGE cup of tea s the Mad Hatter gave to Alice in the film :D

simply unbelieveble,

it s just tea & milk& linen and my skin seems to adore the scent of it

(already knew that offcorse:

tea s are most of the time good with me :D

and I looooooooooooooooooooooooove it!

*NEED BOTTLE*

This is easily one of my favorite Mad Tea Party scents. In the bottle I can't smell much so I always tend to slather it on. The tea and honey in this are amazing on me.

this is one of the first imps I've ever tried

and it's great!

it's milky-honeyed tea ... with pepper for sass.

:]

I was a little intimidated by its scent in the bottle, but once it was on my skin, the honey/milk scent warmed it up nicely.

In The Bottle

Predominantly ginger with a little pepper and honey

On Application

The tea really emerges on application as well as the clean linen

Dry Down

That pepper is lovely. It pokes it's head up every now and then to suprise. Absolutely incredible - constantly changing. One moment there is tea, then the ginger is forefront, then a kick of pepper, then milky ginger/honey/vanilla then tea again. Dizzying. However, underneath it all, always, is the linen. A masterpiece and a must have. :P

Rating (0-5)

I couldn't pick up much out of the imp except a certain sweetness.

When I put it on, I think my brain interpreted the ginger as an odd quasi-citrus. Any tea was nigh undetectable. A breezy sweetness underneath could have been the "clean linen."

The honeyed vanilla creaminess came out as it dried and the ginger faded. Creamy, mildly comforting, and probably not worth more than occasional wear. I was hoping for more tea.

faded to nothing on me before I could really get an idea of what it smelled like. :D I liked the sniff of it in the bottle, though! It's a very mild, crisp scent. :P

Waah. ;_; I wanted to like this one...

In the bottle, it smelled like those chewable vitamins.

On me, it smelled like a lovely tea for about five minutes, then vitamin all day. Luckily, it doesn't have a strong throw.

Now, in the evening, it's smelling like tea again... but putting it on the night before to smell good the following day isn't a viable strategy.

Oh well. I'll let it age a bit and then give it another try... if it still doesn't work, it will be off to swaps.

OMG, this is fresh and sweet at the same time and kaleidoscopic too, the tea leave place to the vanilla that changes to tea and they dance with the linen. it`s the classical blend I crave in the morning when I have few seconds to decide and I want something gorgeous.

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this one until now. It's one of my favorites!

In the bottle-crisp and clean, tea with honey and a sweetness that goes a long way

Wet- Sharp note, must be the pepper and ginger coming out to play

Dry- soft, sweet honey and vanilla. The tea and linen pop up occasionally.

I love this scent. I love it alone and I love it layered with Alice!

This is my go-to scent and my favorite BPAL so far.

This starts with tea and pepper, and slowly gives way to starched linens. All along the way it is sweetened and warmed with honey. I'm pleased that I get very little vanilla from this.

Mmmmm!

In the imp...Mmmmm...milky tea. Yum!

Wet on me...I can smell the pepper now, and the linen. This is interesting. The tea is still there though, but I totally get the freshly starched and ironed linen smell...so clean and fresh!

Dry down: This is everything promised in the description. It's not totally me, but I am enjoying it enough to want to finish using up the imp. After that? Who knows...

In the imp: Peppery linen.

Wet: Very peppery with some ginger and black tea.

Dry: The peppery scent fades a bit and a little bit of honey coming through with a hint of linen that's been dipped in black tea with some milk.

Overall: It started off weird, but it dried down lovely.

In bottle/imp: Peppery citrus and honey.

Immediately on skin: This is an almost fruity clean smell with a slight peppery quality and a lot of honey. I think the ginger is giving that candy-like fruitiness, but it’s not really spicy, except for the white pepper. It definitely has an overall plastic feeling almost though.

After a little while: The description for this scent is now dead on to what I smell. It’s a clean scent with sweet, creamy honey and tea over it and a light spiciness. The base of this scent is a fresh, clean linen and over that is a layer of soft, creamed honey. The ginger and white pepper are very light, but create a very soft bite of spice. The tea is a wafting scent in this, and gently comes off my skin with each sniff. Unfortunately, the lab’s honey note always smells bitter and “off” to me, so this blend is a little… rubbery and bitter on my skin.

Overall Impressions: This blend is very interesting. It’s clean, but also sweet and somewhat innocent. I’ve heard some bad things about it, so I was hesitant to try it, but I’m glad I did. If you like cleaner scents, as well as the lab’s honey note, I’d recommend you give this one a try. It’s slightly bitter/plastic-y on my skin, but that’s what I usually get from honey.

I decided to purchase White Rabbit because the notes sounded so interesting and unlike any fragrance I've ever tried so I skipped the imp and went right for the 5 ml.

In the vial: Smells very strong...like a concentration of Earl Grey breakfast tea, something leathery and something citrus at the tail end which makes me think of Demeter's Cosmopolitan Cocktail spray, which is promising since that's one of my favorite scents.

Wet on skin: At first it smelled way too strong and, like one of the reviewers before me mentioned, plastic-y. The citrus scent which I associated with the Cosmopolitan fragrance has somehow been completely eradicated by my body chemistry.

Drydown: Better, but still not great on me. Now the plastic smell is abating and giving way to a nice spiced tea smell. I smell a zing of citrus which surprisingly has re-emerged. Definitely smell the ginger. The linen, milk and honey aren't even registered by my un-trained nose.

Conclusion: It's not what I thought it would be, but it isn't offensive...just not too impressive on my skin. I'll give it a few more tries.

EDIT: I actually tried White Rabbit again a few days ago and this time I really enjoyed it. It became lovelier and crisper as the day went on. Good throw, didn't need to re-apply at all. It's still not one of my absolute favorite-favorites, but it's a very pretty scent...very clean smelling.

Edited by WickedQueen918

I had an imp, and loved it, so I got a big bottle. The imp and the bottle smell different! But, the end result was the same. I'll review both.

In the imp: Honey, tea, and ginger. Clean, not too sweet.

After 10 minutes: The honey amps and the ginger balances it out making it sweet enough for me to like it, but not too sweet to give me headache. I can't stop smelling myself.

After 30 minutes: The linen finally comes out! It's strange, almost as if it shouldn't blend together, but it works. Every time I take a step, I smell honey and ginger, and lingering along is the linen, like a rabbit running to a tea party!!

After and hour: Honey, tea, linen. Beautiful.

In the bottle: Sour milk and rotting honey. It smells....wrong. Like I got the wrong scent, or one of the oils went bad. It's actually quite disgusting, and I want to get rid of it. DIsappoined because the imp was beautiful! :P

After 10 minutes: Sour biscuit. I want the sour milk to go away! I'll wait though because I loved the imp so much. But I don't know how much longer I can stand it. At least the ginger is coming through.

After 30 minutes: Finally starting to smell like the imp! The clean honey finally came out. THe sour milk went away. And the ginger and linen follow through in the background!

After and hour: Just like the imp! I'm glad!

Overall: Beautiful, lasting scent. Like Jezebel, but instead of flowers in the background it's linen. It's a clean sweet scent. It smells like the White Rabbit!

In the bottle and wet on the skin: I could smell the milk and honey and a bit of the ginger and pepper. An interesting, many-layered smell, but not very appealing.

On dry down: YUCK. Something has overpowered the layered smell - I think maybe the linen notes? - this smells very chemically and fake to me. Like something that old ladies wear for years and years and don't even know if they like anymore.

I may try this again in a few weeks to see if the smell changes, but right now - this is why I don't walk by perfume counters in department stores.

In the Bottle: Flowery linen.

Wet: Flowery linen, a touch of ginger and pepper. Light musk.

Dry: Clean linen, no flowers. Honey and a faint touch of vanilla.

Overall: Moderately long lasting. I think I will apply it a little more heavily next time. Very light smelling. The musk faded to the background, but didn't disappear. I was disappointed that there wasn't more of a ginger and pepper scent, and I get absolutely no tea at all, but the honey linen scent was very nice. Not what I expected, but I will wear it again.

This is another one of those scents that really jumped out at me as seeming interesting when I first perused the BPAL catalogue. I only realized, after my first order showed up, that I'd actually forgotten to include it in the imp pack, so it made its way into the second order instead.

In the imp: Mostly tea, with an spicy edge that's mostly ginger, but also part pepper.

Wet on skin: Peppery tea with a little honey. There's something else I can't quite figure out, so I'll assume it's the linen, since I know how the other things in there smell on their own, and I'd never thought about how linen smells before.

Drydown: Freshly dry, the honey is really starting to come out, but it is not completely taking over. The tea is still the main thing, and the spicy notes are still under there. After about an hour, it has settled to a very nice tea that's gently sweet and gently spicy at the same time.

Five hours later: This has faded noticeably, but is not gone yet. The actual character of the scent - tea that is both sweet and spicy - has not changed much over the past few hours.

End of the day: There is still a trace of pepper and ginger left.

Overall: I was a little worried about White Rabbit when I saw it mentioned as a similar scent in reviews of Ichabod Crane, which really did not work on me when I tested it at Will Call. I'm very glad that, whatever the problem note was in Ichabod, it didn't show up in White Rabbit. This is a seamlessly blended sweetened spicy tea, and I like it very much. This imp will definitely get its fair share of use!

Spicy, milky chai tea with a touch of honey. It's frothy and crisp. It was one of my first big bottle purchases a couple of years ago and it only gets better with age.

In addition to the spicy tea, there is a comforting note of clean linens, and together they soothe and comfort me. There is nothing better than wrapping yourself in clean jammies, and sipping a a hot steamy mug of chai.

This is hands down my favorite MTP, and what intially started my love affair, so it's fitting that this is my last review in the MTP catalog!

Starts off: Tea and ginger and the smell of clothes drying in the sun. Very fresh and a bit citrus-y. Not much throw on me, but I did apply very sparingly (just a drop on each wrist). I'm still experimenting with the scents and I don't think my co-worker would appreciate it, if my parfume turned sour on me and he got the full load.

After 1-2h: Honey and milk come out to play and the fresh black tea with just a hint of lemon and ginger turns into a warm, comforting tea with milk. A bit of the spicyness lingers, though. It stays that way until the scent finally fades after about 4-5 hours.

I've been wearing the White Rabbit excessively these last few days. It's a lovey, crisp, fresh scent and fits my current mood and the weather here in Austria (sunny, fresh autumn day) perfectly. From my first batch of imps this is the clear winner from the tea scents for everyday use (at the office or at university). I love Dorian as well, but it is more of a comfort scent for me, very warm and cozy and perfect for snuggling on the sofa with a good book and a cup of tea. The White Rabbit makes me want to DO something, to go for a walk or running or window-shopping... *sniffs-wrist* ah, lovely!

In the imp: Very faint, almost indiscernible.

On me: Milk, linen, and white pepper with just a touch of sweetness which comes out a bit more during wear. This is an odd scent. One of the notes is a vaguely unpleasant on me (not sure which), but ignoring that: The pepper gives warmth but not spice, and everything in the scent is very smooth—crisp clean linen, indeed, and not much more than that. It's opaque white in color, as well.

Verdict: I keep trying to wear and love White Rabbit, but it's just not happening. This is an unusual perfume, which I like, but there's something off about it which I don't enjoy and the rest is so clean and white that it's almost without character. This just isn't for me, but I'm not too broken-hearted. Oh well!