Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sirensongsouth

Serpent's Kiss

Seething with passion, yet utterly cold-blooded. Dragon’s blood, vetivert and spice.

• ITI: It's much different than I expected. I pick up on the resin, but the spices are very intriguing here - cinnamon for sure, but there's also a woodsy quality to it along with something that reads faintly like mint.
  • Wet: The woodsy note is a bit stronger on my skin. Only enough, this might be the vetiver interacting with the dragon's blood resin and cinnamon. On me it's deeply spicy, brooding, and reads more as hot and seething (Red Hots candies) than cold-blooded.
  • Dry: While still decidedly present, the cinnamon settles some and plays nicely with the dragon's blood resin, the woodsy quality of the vetiver, and the almost green spice I can't place. I really like this one and I'm rather sad it was discontinued.

The description says spice, but this has to be cinnamon, it smells like Big Red gum! I got this as a frimp with a lab purchase, and it's just not for me.

well, I find it surprising that I have not reviewed this.  On the love hate spectrum of vetyver sniffers, I fall on the love side--which of course tempers this review.  If you are not a fan of vetyver, or dragon's blood for that matter, you must be reviewing this scent for science because if you are not a fan of either, this has nothing for you.  Myself, I have nothing but love for both these notes.  My bottle is very aged and the dragons blood is has mellowed so it is more of a metallic, incense odor and none of the floral aspect I usually detect when it is fresher.  The vetyver is very earthy and primal.  This does not smell like the blood of the dragon, more like the musky funk of a long ago abandoned lair.  This is what I imagine Bilbo sniffed as he was slowly descending into Smaug's treasure hold.  It is dry and slightly sweet with a earthy pungency and hint of long ago blaze.  The "spice" in this scent is probably black pepper or cinnamon adjacent, I highly doubt it is cassia or cinnamon because I am a mega amper of those oils and they usually smell like red hots candy on me.  Plus, no skin burn.  If you forced me to guess, maybe nutmeg or fennel.  The spice has likely aged out of my ancient-ish bottle.  I recommend this if you love DBR or vetyver.  I agree with the earlier poster who called this BloodLust* light, but Bloodlust is more fiery on me and definitely spicier, probably does have cinnamon in it.  This one is like the dry, earthy feeling you would get from a snake's mouth, flickering tongue and all.  Interesting concept, brilliantly executed.  May be good for layering purposes.  Of course I did not realize this was discontinued or I would be more hoarding of my bottle, like Smaug and all.  So no layering, just savoring for moi. 

Serpent's Kiss is very much a dragon's blood and cinnabomb on me for most of the day, although somehow, the grassy vetiver ended up becoming the dominant scent by the end of the day, backed by the cinnamon and a much lighter dragon's blood?

The dragon's blood and cinnamon were too loud for me for the first few hours, but it was fun to get to try this.