Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
supervillainess

Old books... Books, paper, libraries

bumpity bump!
i've yet to find a delicious book smell that isn't too heavy on the leather or the sweet.

recently tried library ghost from poesie and liked it; but i'm not too keen on that marshmallow note and wished the polished wood/books was stronger.

really looking forward to trying bookcase package from the latest weenie release :wub3:

Good news @murqmaid... polished woods are front and center in Bookcase Passage ☺️ Not at all sweet either (on me at least). I'm waiting to write a review until this finishes doing its thing as the books/crumbling pages are coming out slowly.

My experiences with book scents:

The Lurid Library (Halloweenie): very perfumy. Old yellowing paperbacks, but soaked in faded red musk.

Dee (GC): paper, incense, leather and powder. sometimes this is faint enough to disappear, sometimes it becomes weirdly chemical leather but there's a nice mellow spot in between

Miskatonic U (GC).I get milk and coffee, then on the drydown, cold coffee at the bottom of a mug. No books here that I can detect.

The Book (Paranorman): I lost my decant, but I recall this was lots of mellow paper with some leather, very warm, very nice, sometimes fades rather quickly.

The Gatekeeper: Maze of Games: sometimes wet ink, sandalwood bone, plus plenty of paper and leather. Something here occasionally turns unpleasantly grimy. Fitting enough but weird.

Bookcase Passage (Halloweenie) Sandalwood dust for sure, but there's plenty of paper and wood here too as well as something faintly bandaid like. Not as mellow and sweet as The Book, probably because of the polished wood.

Edited by patina

Hello, 

It's been a while since the last update and I'm wondering if anyone knows any new book-related scents? Thanks.