Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I have the 2017 version.

Oh wow. This is cool and refreshing. Herbs and soft mint with the barest breath of floral in the background. I envision a snow covered field on the edge of a forest. I'd call this unisex for certain. This is what I wanted when I ordered Take the Moon. I'm not sure what lunar oils entail, but this is lovely.

As it dries further it gets an edge of...not soapiness exactly, but a crispness that makes me think clean. I think this is the aquatic people mentioned - it makes me think of a cold brook babbling over mossy stones. Still lovely. 

I want to try this one on my husband. Maybe my son for a special occasion. 

2019 version, decanted by Ajevie. :)  I do love the guessing games that abstract scent descriptions cause, and this one was particularly fun/annoying - there was a note in here that tormented me all day, which I finally placed 12 hours later as lotus blossom.

In the imp: soft pines and wet fern, sweet berries, and a hint of menthol or eucalypt - every time I try and decide which, I change my mind. I see some folk on here mentioned wintergreen, it could well be that too.

Wet: I'm tipping a base of white sandalwood or pale amber, though as it dries down, I'm less convinced of either. Around 15 minutes in I settled on blue eucalypt, touched with ozone; there's also very moist green florals, quite like the Spanish moss blends, some lotus (with that heady bubblegum note), and a good helping of white florals - lily or orchid, possibly both.

Dry: this lasts and lasts, so if I have to pick a base, I'd go with amber, and weirdly, I got wafts of hay absolute as it settled. The eucalypt/mint/menthol takes a backseat to the florals; I'm dead sure there's lotus, pretty sure there's lily, and wondering about orris.

On the whole, I like this a lot - and I'm not usually a fan of the lotus/aquatic blends. It lasts forever, and has a pretty hefty throw. On me, it is ALL floral with a hint of mint, no lunar oils, no herbs, hardly any fern by the end. The early stages threw pine, but I doubt there's any real pine, cypress or spruce here because I amp those like crazy. It reminds me of one of the Yules I tried a few years back, and despite it being the middle of summer where I am, worked beautifully against the muggy, overcast weather we had today.

Stars: ★★★★½

Reminiscent of Blue Moon, but blended with a chilled white floral. Soft and snowy gorgeousness. The throw is very minimal on my skin, and it doesn't last more than a couple of hours, but it is lovely while it does.

Cold Moon 2005 is mostly a watery aquatic scent with me, infused with that signature lunar flowers and herbs touch that you get from older Lunacy scents. When I say aquatic, I mean that it's got a cool stream sort of vibe, or perhaps that of melted snow. There's a coolness to it, with just a hint of mint (not peppermint, but maybe spearmint) -- it's very light, and I don't know if it's just more subdued with age or what, but there's no blast of mint here. There is a touch of the Lab's slushy snow note that I get at the end of an inhale, but it's not the main feature. This is more cool water than snow.

I am glad I got to try this, but I don't think I'd reach for it over other cold scents in my collection. It was still fun to try, though (and I like it more than Cold Moon 2020, for which I have the shirt).

Edited by doomsday_disco