Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
clephan

Shipping scale of fees for international orders

I was talking to the lovely Jo, and we had a thought. However, someone must have suggested this before. Or Beth has thought of it but it's not doable.

Given that the quotations for international shipping seems to be a bottleneck for the Lab, why don't they publish a scale of shipping fees on the site for us to figure out ourselves and just add to the cost of the oils?

Probably easier if I illustrate what I mean. This sort of thing. I've completely guessed the costs, ignore the actual figures. But if knew we were ordering 5 5mls, 3 sets of 6 imps and a 10 ml, total up the amount for our own region and just add that to the order cost!

This could be expanded, of course, to include different prices for different shipping option - insured, signature etc. I'd anticipate this would also include a bit extra for the wonderful goodies that Beth so kindly adds in, but I'd imagine she already does this in the shipping quotations to individuals.

Go on, tell me why it's a wonderful idea but can't be done! I can take it :P

(Many thanks to Jo for the regional suggestion.)

I was talking to the lovely Jo, and we had a thought. However, someone must have suggested this before. Or Beth has thought of it but it's not doable.

Given that the quotations for international shipping seems to be a bottleneck for the Lab, why don't they publish a scale of shipping fees on the site for us to figure out ourselves and just add to the cost of the oils?

Probably easier if I illustrate what I mean. This sort of thing. I've completely guessed the costs, ignore the actual figures. But if knew we were ordering 5 5mls, 3 sets of 6 imps and a 10 ml, total up the amount for our own region and just add that to the order cost!

This could be expanded, of course, to include different prices for different shipping option - insured, signature etc.  I'd anticipate this would also include a bit extra for the wonderful goodies that Beth so kindly adds in, but I'd imagine she already does this in the shipping quotations to individuals.

Go on, tell me why it's a wonderful idea but can't be done! I can take it :P

(Many thanks to Jo for the regional suggestion.)

I said I would second this, so here I am! :D

I think it is a wonderful idea, and it would surely cut down on the need for international customers to email their order and then have to wait for a postage-cost quotation back before paying by PayPal? This only increases the amount of electronic paperwork for Elizabeth and co, surely?

What with all the email hassle recently, and customers not knowing if their emails have arrived (and thus if they are in queue to be answered) and then wondering why they haven't received a reply. For us, we know the problem, but newbies will not and as AnimeKitten’s situation has highlighted they may walk away and BPAL may loose potential new custom.

Jo xxx

Great idea!! I'm for it, absolutely.

Also, the different methods of payment could be posted somewhere too, along with the information needed (for example BPAL's bank name and account number for those of us who would like to transfer from account to account).

I say go for it!

-Milk

Good idea - it cuts down on the amount of work for Beth and Brian in having to read and respond to shipping quotation e-mails (and the second/third e-mails saying 'did you get my e-mail? :P Sorry - I know I'm guilty of this!!!) ....

I'm all for it, if it can be organised.......

Rosie

I'm wondering if the current members could list previous orders and how much they paid for shipping, in case the Lab doesn't have the time to do it. That way the newbie members have an inkling of how much to pay?

eg, I ordered a set of 6 imp's ears, paid x in shipping, live in UK (London, England)

I haven't ordered yet, but I got a quote from Elizabeth.

Ok, the shipping costs of a sixpack of Imp's Ears to Finland would be $8.00

-Milk

In November:

5 5ml bottles was $12. I don't know what extras were put in, that was sent to a friend and we split the postage.

3 5ml bottles and 18 imps was $24 and included another 21 imps and a bottle of Spooky

In February:

7 Deadly sins (7 x 5ml - not 6! Honest!) plus another 6 5mls and 12 imps was $8 (Er, ok, now looking back that seems very cheap!) and goodness knows what else is in there. *excited*

I'm in the UK, in Milton Keynes, England.

Good lord, I really have ordered a lot haven't I?! LOL!

Edited by clephan

7 Deadly sins (6 x 5ml) plus another 6 5mls and 12 imps was $8 (Er, ok, now looking back that seems very cheap!) and goodness knows what else is in there. *excited*

Er.. Why were the 7 sins in 6 bottles? ;-)

7 Deadly sins (6 x 5ml) plus another 6 5mls and 12 imps was $8 (Er, ok, now looking back that seems very cheap!) and goodness knows what else is in there. *excited*

Er.. Why were the 7 sins in 6 bottles? ;-)

Snort! Because I can't count and was thinking of everything in 6's. !

I'll correct it :P

Anyone want to hazard a guess at the cost of the postage for:

5x 5ml bottles

21 imps

(of which 1 bottle and 1 imp is from the LJ contest) to the UK?

But then I don't know whether I should do it this way as Elizabeth may have a method of dealing with international orders and I dont want to muck up her system. Maybe she only replies with a quote when she is able to fulfil the order? So then I should just wait for her reply...

Suggestions?

It's a great idea! It could solve a lot of problems, it would surely cut the workload of ploughing through all the emails concerning the same order when it could all be contained in one. The current system is longwinded for international orders, and is one of the reasons why I wouldn't usually order from the States. I could see a lot more people ordering more things if this was simplified. From my point of view (another UK-er) it would help tremendously.

I'm after three 10ml, two 5ml and eighteen imps between five people, so this sort of system would be ideal for those without Paypal to be able to split postage costs fairly straight off.

on the 17th march I ordered (and paypal-d for) 8 x 5mls and 6 Imps Ears and the shipping charge (to the UK) was $10...very reasonable i say!! just awaiting a shipping confirmation email now!!

claire xxx

Could anyone who *has* recieved an order already contribute any of the following information:

How much (approx) does a 5ml bottle (standard, not fancy ones) weigh?

"........."......."............"...."..10ml..."......".............."..."......"......."........"?

"........."......."...........do 6 imp's ears................................................."?

What are the dimension of the standard size order's shipping box?

Also, for Brian/Elizabeth specifically (or anyone else if you happen to know), how much, approximately, does the average order's packaging (box, tape, bubble wrap, etc...and including any other extra costs I'm forgetting, and assuming that the order fits in a standard size box) cost?

If we can get this info from you all, we can make up a nice little table for approximate costs to major European countries + Oz

Edited by Morrighana

i had the post office international shipping cost table in front of me for awhile. lemme go get it while my keyboard freaks out and keeps submitting post early

well, here is the usps international calculator. and this is the airmail letter (which is how i send my swaps) rates.

my last order in was 15 oz, and had 1 10 ml bottle and 15 imps in it

my biggest swap out was 3 or 4 oz for a half-full bottle of spooky + 1 or 2 imps

one imp alone weighs about a nickel, which i vaguely recall to be around 5 or 10 grams.

one 10 ml bottle weighs about as much as my kitty treats, which is 6.5 oz (184 g)

morrighana - you gotta remember that int'l shipping DOES require that they go to the post office, so if they're getting hourly wages (hell even if they get salaries), they're paying someone to go drop that off, on top of the cost of materials.

morrighana - you gotta remember that int'l shipping DOES require that they go to the post office, so if they're getting hourly wages (hell even if they get salaries), they're paying someone to go drop that off, on top of the cost of materials.

hehehe, yea, I knew I was forgetting something!

including any other extra costs I'm forgetting

See? :P

So, anyone know how much this would be? Or is it already incorporated into the cost of the oils?

Also, which UPSP service does BPAL use for international orders? I'm guessing Global Priority Mail - Variable Weight (single) based on the quotes I've heard...is this correct?

Edited by Morrighana

I am in the UK and was quoted

1x10ml, 1 x 5ml and 6 imps =$8.00 shipping

1 x 10ml, 1 x 5ml =$8.00 shipping

Hope this helps. :P

Hmmm, $8 to the UK seems standard for smallish orders... unless one has a HUGE order... like Steph :D :P

I got my 5ml bottle of Aries and sample of Carnal from the Random LJ contest through today and it was $8 too.

This is valuable info and I am 99% sure my order (12 imps and a 5 ml) would have $8 shipping to England, too, I am just so afraid to go ahead and PayPal Beth for it, without hearing from her! I mean, does anyone know if she has weighed in on people doing this? Is she ok with it? Has anyone else gone ahead and done it and actually received their order?

It's just that, I've been emailing her since January trying to get a shipping quote, and I've never ever gotten any response back after 1 email at the first of February, and I would love to just make an order and pay for it and finally be on my way to getting my very own scents, but I am just so afraid that if she gets an order from someone she has not corresponded with she'll just think it's some random who doesn't know the rules and not accept it or something. I am so paranoid, I hate to bother Beth so much and I fear that maybe I'm that annoying person whose messages she is just so fed up with that she won't answer... anyway, sorry for the neurosis, I just wondered if anyone else has gone ahead and done this.

12 imps and 1 5ml was 8 usd to Holland too ( got about 6 extra imps) so indeed this must be the basic fee and considering the extra´s beth put with it there is a bit marge in the weight.

Sign in to follow this