Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Getting sick of orders showing up as delivered...

sorry -- i haven't posted in a while because of ongoing computer problems and huge loads of school work -- but

my school won't take packages that require signatures; they'll just turn the post guy away and let him send it back to the sender or whatever he does in that case. so, obviously, i support the idea of optional signatures... required signatures would = no more bpal for me.

My "lost package" reshipment arrived today without any warning. I didn't get a shipping notice (like I did before), but I came home to a surprise. It came "delivery confirmation", but I was not here to sign for it. This must be the method that the postman has to sign something.

Thanks Beth and Gang!!!! Hang in there.....the new Post Office looks like it's working out fine!! I hope everyone else gets their packages also!!!

I would pay for FedEx or some other type of secure shipping - maybe that could be an option when ordering? Or, an option for the US and mandatory for international?

I'm in Canada, and I've received three packages from the US recently (Feb and March) with no problems, regular mail. BUT ... obviously that may just be my selective good luck, since I have not received BPAL orders from the new year. Very sad but, I know, not anything to do with the Lab! :P

Gah. By the way ... is the "cupcake@blackphoenixalchemylab.com" address the one we should be using to get in touch with Elizabeth?

Honestly, I'd like this to be an option as soon as possible.

I just sent a package the other way (SoFla to SoCal), a big ass box for my boy (containing BPAL!), through UPS, and it took exactly one week ground, safe and sound.

After all this, I really don't feel comfortable ordering with USPS, if nothing else, for the extra expence for Beth in having to reship my order. I'm happy to pay full shipping, and even extra for the seperate trip, to make sure I get my first time around order. Esp. since it's gonna be a *big* order. I'm happy to use PayPal too, since CCNow hurts Beth's profits even more.

But really, I can't order until Old Dublin is official (unless there's a prototype imp w/ my name on it :P )

beth replied to me when i emailed her at that addy, so i assume it works.

I have ordered twice from Aromaleigh using their FedEx option. For the ground shipping to a home option, it was only one or two dollars more. I read after I placed my order that having it delivered to a business is cheaper. That would be cool for me. I go through the shipping dept. at least twice a day (more often when I'm expecting Lush :P ). Lush says they require a signature, but the one time I had it delivered to my house it was just dropped off. I usually have it delivered to work because it is a group order.

I've never been required to sign for FedEx or UPS. The UPS guy usually hits my neighborhood late in the afternoon/evening. He will usually just ring the doorbell and run. I'm trying to teach my daughter to not open the door unless she knows who is on the other side so it still kind of freaks me out when I forget I have something coming. I'm standing there trying to peak through the frosted glass asking who is it, then I see the brown truck pulling way. FedEx just drops it by the door. Like I said before, my porch is really safe.

I'm happy with whatever option Beth chooses, just as long as I don't have to go to the post office. My post office hours suck and they aren't open on Saturdays. I do have to say that I was amazed at my last Aromaleigh order. I placed the order on a Friday afternoon (like 3 p.m.) and it was already in FedEx hands by 8 p.m. that night. I received it on Tuesday even though it was shipped ground. That was pretty impressive to me.

I'm a bit late to the party but if push came to shove, I'd prefer giving a choice of having a signature or not (and buyer beware). I work 12-hour overnight shifts and consequently sleep during the day. There is no way I'm awake when my postal carrier comes to my house. I guess I could always just have packages shipped to my MIL's house but...

Just my $.02.