Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

EPIC BPAL Spreadsheet Thread

My PC is an old piece o junk from 2002 and I don't have excel...does anyone know where I could get a spreadsheet for quattro pro? Thanks!

Try OpenOffice? It's open source, free, and is nearly fully compatible with MS Office files (except those blasted Office 2007 extensions).

My PC is an old piece o junk from 2002 and I don't have excel...does anyone know where I could get a spreadsheet for quattro pro? Thanks!

Try OpenOffice? It's open source, free, and is nearly fully compatible with MS Office files (except those blasted Office 2007 extensions).

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

Has anyone maintained the Nattie's spreadsheet - either the older layout or the newer one that For The Nonce put together?

Anything specifically you're looking for? I took most of Nattie's spreadsheet and tweaked it a bit for its current incarnation.

Has anyone maintained the Nattie's spreadsheet - either the older layout or the newer one that For The Nonce put together?

I started with natties, but probably changed it too much to make it easy to update yours (I removed long descriptions and changed column order a little to suit my needs), but you are welcome to take a look to see if it helps.

http://ohiopugmom.livejournal.com/

there are some amazing sheets and databases on here! :P

Just popping in to recommend pugmom's spreadsheet. Clean and easy to read, with dropdown menus for sorting. Thanks for creating and maintaining it, pugmom! :P

I'm looking for a list of new items since the last time the Nattie/For_the_Nonce one was updated in the spring. I'm totally behind on my spreadsheet.

pugmom, thanks for the link! The layout is quite a bit different, but I can definitely use yours as a backup if I can't track down something closer.

Anything specifically you're looking for? I took most of Nattie's spreadsheet and tweaked it a bit for its current incarnation.

I'm looking for a list of new items since the last time the Nattie/For_the_Nonce one was updated in the spring. I'm totally behind on my spreadsheet.

pugmom, thanks for the link! The layout is quite a bit different, but I can definitely use yours as a backup if I can't track down something closer.

Here's most of what was released/discontinued/otherwise made available in 2007. I think I'm probably missing some of the Neil Gaiman stuff from this particular list, but it should be most of what you're looking for. I won't be maintaining this sublist, but I will be updating the full spreadsheet with all the release dates for situations like yours.

Omg I loev pugmom's one!

If ONLY it had the long desciptions....It's soooo cool! I'm deffo gonna use it!!!!

Thanks sooooooo much!!!

Everything's current.

Still working on getting the review threads added, and I'm tweaking the released/discontinued dates by breaking each into its own column.

Thank you :P

Yay! I'm so glad people still find it useful. :D I'm keeping the link to it in my signature, too, with the date I've last added an update so I don't need to clutter up this thread with numerous *bumps*. :D

Thanks so much for this hackess! I've just spent a long time adding my notes into it and I know it will be so useful as my collection grows and I try more blends!

I just have to share this, because it's SO COOL. I'm now using a TiddlyWiki to keep track of my BPAL.

Is anyone currently hosting/maintaining a BPAL Tiddly Wiki that can be used by others? I think this sounds much better for me than the Excel spreadsheet (not to knock anyone's hard work in that regard, I'm just spreadsheet-impaired!). I could've sworn I'd seen links to such a thing in the past, but all the links Google turns up for me are dead now...

I looked, but could not find this, so please pardon me if this has been brought up...

Has anybody thought of creating a simple Excel spreadsheet with the names of the scents, so one can check off what has been tried and what hasn't? I'm kind of a list/catalog junkie, and thought it would be great to have one for such a large collection of scents. I have a list for the 1001 Books to Read Bewfore You Die that calulates how many you've read when you check them off with an 'x' (it will also calculate how many you need to read a year before you die, but that's another matter altogether!).

Just wondering if somebody has already created one they could share before I make one myself.

I looked, but could not find this, so please pardon me if this has been brought up...

Has anybody thought of creating a simple Excel spreadsheet with the names of the scents, so one can check off what has been tried and what hasn't? I'm kind of a list/catalog junkie, and thought it would be great to have one for such a large collection of scents. I have a list for the 1001 Books to Read Bewfore You Die that calulates how many you've read when you check them off with an 'x' (it will also calculate how many you need to read a year before you die, but that's another matter altogether!).

Just wondering if somebody has already created one they could share before I make one myself.

bookishbunny:

Try this thread. :P

--M

^^^

Thank you for the link. However, I think I like mine more. :D I just need to figure out what I'm doing wrong with the drop-down list. Also, mine is not going to have descriptions, just the collection name (that's what's going in the drop down list). Oh, and I did keep the "how many you need to smell a year before you die" calculation. :P

Everything's current.

Still working on getting the review threads added, and I'm tweaking the released/discontinued dates by breaking each into its own column.

Holy crappers! All the work that went into this boggles my poor little mind.

I'll be using this spreadsheet a lot, thanks!!

Everything's current.

Oh my goodness! I can't believe the amount of work and love that went into this. I just manually searched the forums to track down the category/subgroup names for the imps I just acquired in lots, so that I could look them up on the lab site, so I could log all the scents and their notes to create a listing to help me get familiar with things before my first imps arrive. It took me four hours. And then, about five minutes after I was done, I found this!

So, I feel about 3 parts silly, and 97 parts grateful beyond belief!

Thank-you. :P

Now, silly q. When there are updates to this (or any other) sheet, do I need to copy and paste to insert or do they update on their own? I know, I know, but I haven't used excel since the early nineties, and I'm a mac girl to boot, so one can only hope I don't accidently wipe the entire thing in one fell swoop until I reacquaint myself with the program.

Everything's current.

Oh my goodness! I can't believe the amount of work and love that went into this. I just manually searched the forums to track down the category/subgroup names for the imps I just acquired in lots, so that I could look them up on the lab site, so I could log all the scents and their notes to create a listing to help me get familiar with things before my first imps arrive. It took me four hours. And then, about five minutes after I was done, I found this!

So, I feel about 3 parts silly, and 97 parts grateful beyond belief!

Thank-you. :P

Now, silly q. When there are updates to this (or any other) sheet, do I need to copy and paste to insert or do they update on their own? I know, I know, but I haven't used excel since the early nineties, and I'm a mac girl to boot, so one can only hope I don't accidently wipe the entire thing in one fell swoop until I reacquaint myself with the program.

You're welcome. :D

When there are updates, I put the new lines at the bottom of the spreadsheet, and will change the date in my sig to reflect the last time the sheet was updated. The easiest way to get the updates is to open the version I have on my webspace, copy out the new lines, and paste into your local copy. I recommend changing the filename of your local version so that you don't accidentally wipe out the entire thing. :D

You're welcome. :D

When there are updates, I put the new lines at the bottom of the spreadsheet, and will change the date in my sig to reflect the last time the sheet was updated. The easiest way to get the updates is to open the version I have on my webspace, copy out the new lines, and paste into your local copy. I recommend changing the filename of your local version so that you don't accidentally wipe out the entire thing. :D

Thanks, I've only managed to mix up all the columns twice. :P I can't seem to get my sorts to apply to the entire sheet, as opposed to just one column, leaving all the others in thier previous orders. More experimenting in order... :)