Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

EPIC BPAL Spreadsheet Thread

updated => csv, xls 

as a warning, the xls does have a macro, but you can disable it. it does three things: replaces NULL with nothing, fixes the case for the name & area, and creates links from the number in hte review id.

i don't remember if it has ingenue in it, but it does have hemlock + some of the up&comings + the rest of the lunacy series.

Wonderful, many many thanks for that!

Aye!

Thanks Qspice, I'd completely forgotten was what in some of the recent Ltd editions I'd ordered recently.

^^!!!

many thanks, quantum spice - i was naughty and printed it out at work (after fidgiting it a bit to get it down to 13 pages from 40 or so!)

(the things we do for our addictions....and i can only imagine what will happen after i get my first order.)

Wow. I admire your efficiency and compulsiveness--I mean organization! All of you! :P

If anyone uses Filemaker, I have a database that includes pretty much everything, as far as I know (altho I haven't added single notes). It includes checkboxes for the majority of the notes, so you can search on whatever notes or combos you desire. Let me know if you want it.

Oooh, thanks quantum spice- I didn't know such a thing was available... I'm a newbie :P

Ooh Andrabell, is this a different version? I'd love a copy!

As my Black Phoenix addiction has grown, I've been ordering, sending, and receiving so many lovely perfumes. I didn't want to lose track of how many I've actually tried, so I finally put together a spreadsheet of my own.

The fields I'm using are:

Date

Name

Size

From (order, freebie, or swap)

Status (kept, swapped, or to be swapped)

Swapped From (travels of an imp purposes)

Swapped To (ditto)

The spreadsheet isn't really meant as a rating guide, or one to help me choose more perfumes in the future as it doesn't include scent descriptions yet. It's more like an inventory list.

So from my lovely spreadsheet, I can see that:

- I've decided to keep 6 imps for sure

- I've swapped away 11

- Two more need to be swapped

- I'm waiting for 16(!) scents to arrive

- Etcetera, etcetera.

I used Microsoft Excel to make my spreadsheet so if anyone is interested in seeing one for similar purposes, just let me know.

Well :P. Just as I've posted this, the Excel sheet sorted incorrectly and everything is out of order.

ETA: I'm going to make a Microsoft Access version that should resist destruction.

Edited by tart

Dude. Use FileMaker. I've got my little database and it allows me to search on all the different notes, so (for example) I can screen out the loathesome vetiver... :P

I use the oxymoron that is MSWorks for mine.

My categories are:

Name

Category

Sizes owned

Like/Dislike

Buy More?

Comments

Status (swap list, to be tested, permanent collection, etc)

Reviewed?

and Travel (To or from whom)

I :P my spreadsheet.

I have cheap little note books I got for 10 cents.. I keep all the different places I buy from and love in there own books .. bpal now has one . It's listed down the same way so it doesn't get confusing I even have a swap fairy book with all the information of who I am swapping with . This way I have everything on hand if I’m going someone where . The best smell I love are in my little back addiction book hehe.

I was trying SOOOO hard to avoid getting obsessive about making a database....

But now you guys drove me to it! :P

Thanks, Morrighana. I used your field suggestions. And in MSWorks also.

OpenOffice v1.1.2.

Free. Fast. Opensource. Allows you to save in .PDF format. Full compatibility with M$ Office formats, Corel formats, etc.

Ok now that i've finished pimping OpenOffice... I too have created a spreadsheet. Quite a few, actually. I'll upload them to my server sometime soonish and link to them here.

-- Daerk

Apparently I need to keep a database, too. I just discovered that I have ANOTHER 5ml of Desire coming to me. Why couldn't I have made this mistake with Snake Oil or something?

I'm reviving this old thread in the hopes that one of you lovely people can hook me up with a current spreadsheet...?

:P :D :D

Excel format would be splendid, if you have it, otherwise, CSV would be just as easy for me to work with.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I'm reviving this old thread in the hopes that one of you lovely people can hook me up with a current spreadsheet...?

:D :D :D

Excel format would be splendid, if you have it, otherwise, CSV would be just as easy for me to work with.

Happy Christmas. :P

:D :D :D

Happy Christmas. :P

I would love a spreadsheet too if you wouldn't mind!!

Thanks!! :D

Do any of you have a comprehensive list of all of the current BPAL scents? Alphabetical, organized by category, etc? I would love to add one to my computer so I can keep track of my likes, dislikes, make ordering/swapping easier and so on. Thanks!

Jenny :P

Do I just need more coffee?

A lovely forumite sent me Nine Mysteries as a gift and I was saving it to try... so now I want to put comments in my spreadsheet but I can't seem to figure out where it would go under. Should I just add a new tab?