BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

EPIC BPAL Spreadsheet Thread

You're too organized, HennaFairy. Too damn organized! :P

Edited by xith

In better news, though, the spreadsheet IS updated:

http://www.nattiechan.com/BPAL_spreadsheet.shtml

Enjoy!

Thank you SO MUCH for that beautiful work. I've recently gotten into BPAL and already have several swaps and purchases going --this will be a big help.

I'd started my own spreadsheet and then figured if I'd thought of it, someone else must have. Wonderful!

~pywacket

I've recently updated my spreadsheet. It now includes the art from the Salon in hyperlink thumbnails. Click it and it takes you to the Lab's page with the full size photo of the artwork. PM if interested.

Spreadsheets are such a joy! :D I started with Nattie's, which runs just perfectly on my Excel for Mac, and then customized the heck out of it--added a column for my own reviews (copied from the Forum), reorganized LEs so that Yule, Samhain, Valentine's, and Forum-Only LEs are grouped together (as there are so many LE's--I can find things more easily this way), and color-coded it all. I also changed the Availability column to say, not just "Discontinued", but when each blend was discontinued, so I know how old each one is if I see it for swap (the Reviews section was so helpful with this).

Now all I have to do is add when updates happen. :P

I look forward to learning how to use spreadsheets so that I can make some changes. Until then, I am using Nattie's and just adding to the extra columns. I can't really use the help section because I don't understand the spreadsheet vocabulary...

I took one of the excel sheet and I have to say the colour coding to personalize it is working really great. I dunno, sometimes I feel I can get alittle obessive-compulsive about having everything so organize. :S I think it's the addict starting to bloom. ha ha.

Thanks for the great sheet!!

Jenn

Many thanks to Nattiechan and Andrabell for the spreadsheets. I can't think of a better way to keep track of things.

Hmm, so far I've just simply kept notes in a Notepad file of the scents I've tried, and was planning to transfer them to a Word file... But an excel file might be an even better idea, obviously, due to all the different columns one can add, etc. I just prefer working with Word files rather than excel (find them somehow cumbersome, and always manage to lose some text in columns, etc., as the editing isn't as easy as in Word)... But it looks so handy in this case I might just have to try & make an exception. :P

Thanks so much for doing all the work! Now I'm going to go through and add my reviews. This will help me stay organized!

Does anyone have an updated (as of CD/CM) spreadsheet they can send me?

I don't care about your extra notes or anything, I'll clean up whatI don't need.

PM me if you can please :P

If anybody is still looking for an update, you can download my copy here: BPAL Spreadsheet

The new ones are all at the bottom, so you should be able to just copy and paste those rows into your spreadsheet. My formatting is a bit different than the spreadsheet most people have, so you might need to move a few columns. (For example, I got rid of the masculine/feminine column in mine, and added a column so I could sort by my ratings, so everything might be a column or two off.)

Let me know if I missed anything, and I'll update it.

If anybody is still looking for an update, you can download my copy here: BPAL Spreadsheet

The new ones are all at the bottom, so you should be able to just copy and paste those rows into your spreadsheet. My formatting is a bit different than the spreadsheet most people have, so you might need to move a few columns. (For example, I got rid of the masculine/feminine column in mine, and added a column so I could sort by my ratings, so everything might be a column or two off.)

Let me know if I missed anything, and I'll update it.

You spreadsheeters are amazing, this is such a fantastic resource to find as a newbie. Thank you SO much for making it available.

lisa

by the way, in Excel, if you go under the Window menu and select "freeze panes", it will keep the first 35 columns (including the column headers) constantly in view.

lisa

More excel geekiness:

If you want to create a pick list for a column, select the whole column, then under the Data menu, select validation. In the Allow box, select list, then in the source box that appears type in the options you want, separated by commas. ex: imp, 5ml, 10ml

Then when you click in a cell in that column, you'll see an arrow pointing down. Click the arrow to pick from the list.

Thanks, Sofaking6! I was so *not* looking forward to entering the new update by cutting and pasting from the lab site. Downloading your spreadsheet made it super-easy. Thanks for the tips too.

ETA: to correct spelling snafu

Edited by arcadia

Is there any way to keep *just* row 1 (the titles) frozen? I'd like to keep the categories in view, but I loathe keeping the whole first 35 in view.

Is there any way to keep *just* row 1 (the titles) frozen? I'd like to keep the categories in view, but I loathe keeping the whole first 35 in view.

Unfortunately there isn't, Excel is loopy that way. You can do the same thing vertically but it just splits the visible screen in half. Maybe in their next version.

What you can do is just shrink those first 35 rows down to just about nothing - grab the bottom edge (click and hold when your cursor turns into a cross) of the cell with "34" in it and drag it up. You just have to remember what scents are in those rows..

See if this is what you are looking for –

excel1gw3.th.png

Hover over the little bar in the upper-ish right corner of the screen

When the cursor changes to the sort of double-headed arrow with the bar in the middle, hold down the left mouse button and drag down.

excel2op1.th.png

excel3sn5.th.png

excel4rl0.th.png

You will then get a bar that goes across the screen that you can drag up/down depending on where you want it. If you drag it down so more than a couple of rows are shown, you can scroll in both the top portion and the bottom portion of the screen.

(Each of the pictures above can be enlarged by clicking on them.)

First, click on the box where you want to freeze everything. The cursor should look like a +. Then, go to Window, Freeze panes, and you will be able to scroll up and down, and sideways, and keep categories you want as well as only the top line with the titles.

Example: I usually click inside box C2, and then freeze the panes, to keep the category and name in view while I scroll.

Hey guys! Sorry, I kind of got caught up with real life, and due largely in part to lack of money I had to ignore BPAL for a while, lol. I will hopefully have a job and a little disposable income soon, so of course I've come crawling back. :D (Isn't that face creepy?)

I would like to update the spreadsheet again with every new scent that has come out since I quit updating it -- 4/12/06 -- but, well, I don't have the information for all those scents, especially the LEs that are no longer listed on the website. :P

If anyone could help me out with that I'll try and have an updated spreadsheet up soon. It's cool to know that people still use it, or a variation of it. :-)

Now I'm inspired to go make a database :P I'll let ya'll know if that actually happens!

I'm about halfway done with designing an Access database - although I have really given myself a challenge with it. I am trying to create something to track inventory, orders, swaps, eBay transactions, feedback, reviews, switch witch, TAL, BPTP and just about anything else - including adding in other retailers and additional products. It's a monster, but it's a good brushup experience for me. I am also not used to working in Access. I also want to put a front end on it using .NET and possibly make it web-enabled, so one could use it online. But that's a ways off.

Right now I'd be happy if I get the standalone Access database working properly.

I'm about halfway done with designing an Access database - although I have really given myself a challenge with it. I am trying to create something to track inventory, orders, swaps, eBay transactions, feedback, reviews, switch witch, TAL, BPTP and just about anything else - including adding in other retailers and additional products. It's a monster, but it's a good brushup experience for me. I am also not used to working in Access. I also want to put a front end on it using .NET and possibly make it web-enabled, so one could use it online. But that's a ways off.

Right now I'd be happy if I get the standalone Access database working properly.

It's been a long while since I worked with Access, so I probably wouldn't be quite so ambitious off the bat :P Let me know if you get it working though! I think it would be a fun project to take on, even if it took a while to complete. I'm just now starting, so I have a ton to do. I'd like to go for something simple, then add on additional tables and forms as I need them.

I just updated mine with the Samhain, Order of the Dragon and A Picnic in Arkham scents. (Typed by the wonderful bifemmefatale) New stuff is at the bottom so you should be able to just copy and paste those rows.