Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

EPIC BPAL Spreadsheet Thread

Hi everyone!

I'm extremely pressed for time and do not have the time to figure out my new spreadsheet software so I was wondering if anyone here has all of the oils with their descriptions (including the new ones) in a file and if you do could you perhaps send to me? I would love to re-read and savour it while on my long flight on Wednesday. If you do just fire off a PM and I'll recieve it...thanks so much!

(posted in BPAL chatter but if it belongs in randomness you can just move it...I wasn't sure where to put it! :P )

Mine doesn't have descriptions, or you'd be welcome to it. It's on my to-do list when I actually have a half-day to do it in. :D

Besides, you don't want my comments on how they smell on me. :P

i can make a csv file (comma deliminated text file that excel likes) from the database, if you'd like.

Karyn, I have mine (with descriptions), but you said you didn't have Excel... :S

And it doesn't have the updates yet... ^^

Oooh .. can I get in on that action? I like my database, but I want in in a spreadsheet, and I'm too lustrated to mess around enough to transfer it all.

if you're using access, you should be able to export a table or query into a spreadsheet.

*ponders* It's been entirely too long since I've played with Access then, cos I couldn't remember how.. I'll have to find that then. Thanks!

*hugs*

highlight the table/query you want to export into a spreadsheet, go to file -> export, and scroll down to excel.

you should be able to link the spreasheet to info in the database directly, so it's always in sync.

quantumspice: thank you!

i am SO happy to have it all in excel so speedily! i was NOT looking foward to updating my old spreadsheet, and yours is in a better format anyway. now to work on trying them ALL!

(ps. i borrowed some imps from ladylatemar, and i saw your name on the tag, and i was all, "oh, this used to belong to quantumspice!")

I made myself a simple spreadsheet using open-office but I would really like one with the descriptions et al. I am not too savy with databases and spreadsheets and tried to import the csv to open office but had no success. If anyone would be willing to give me help with using quantum spice's csv, I would appreciate it.

it's probably because i imported/exported it with ms office to get rid of fields people don't need to see.

what's there right now is up-to-date, and has the exact output from the database's csv export function. (which does work in openoffice, since that's all i have on the laptop i'm using for the summer - and if i remember, i'll go through and take out the extra fields tomorrow)

Thank you for the replies. Belladonastrap said it well, You all Rock, this is a great board to be a part of.

If there's an updated version of the spreadsheet available, I'd LOVE to get a copy! Can someone help me out? :P

-Leslie

updated => csv, xls

as a warning, the xls does have a macro, but you can disable it. it does three things: replaces NULL with nothing, fixes the case for the name & area, and creates links from the number in hte review id.

i don't remember if it has ingenue in it, but it does have hemlock + some of the up&comings + the rest of the lunacy series.