Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

EPIC BPAL Spreadsheet Thread

Add me to the very interested list!

I have been debating if I should do this in Access or do this in MySQL myself. But I'll wait until this is done! Fantastic!

I love Access. I wish I had it on my computer. *sigh* It's a shame it doesn't come with the Student version of XP.

Edited by darklorelei

Er, at any rate - when it's finished I'll pop back in here and let everyone know, should be within a week or so I'm thinking, and then whoever wants copies can e-mail me and I'll send them.

Oh, is this a reality yet?? I tried to get the XLS version but can't load it and don't want to spend 70.00 on the program.

I'd actually been working on setting up a MySQL database to keep track of my BPAL stuff, with the intention of maybe making a PHP front end for it eventually. No idea when I'll get that finished, but for anyone who doesn't do Access and/or would prefer a web-based solution, I'd be happy to share mine whenever I get it finished.

MySQL works too! I've been contemplating the same thing. I am determined to update my database skills anyway, and this is the perfectly complex kinda thing to do it on! :P My problem is finding the time.

MySQL works too!  I've been contemplating the same thing.  I am determined to update my database skills anyway, and this is the perfectly complex kinda thing to do it on! :P  My problem is finding the time.

Yes, that's been my major issue too. That and the fact that after spending all day doing PHP/MySQL stuff for a living, sometimes the last thing I want to do is more of it on my own time!

Yes, that's been my major issue too. That and the fact that after spending all day doing PHP/MySQL stuff for a living, sometimes the last thing I want to do is more of it on my own time!

Ahhh...yeah - I hear ya there! I don't do as much coding as I used to, I mostly just manage people nowadays so I miss playing with it.

I spent the last several days making a BPAL Excel spreadsheet with all the scent lines, the scents they contain with links to the reviews, the full description from the site, an abbreviated description that includes only the component smells mentioned in the long description, the gender of the smell (blank means feminine), its status (blank means active), and then a blank column called "Notes."

You can read more about it, see a screenshot, and download it by viewing the LJ entry in the blackalchemylab community here: http://www.livejournal.com/community/alche...58800#t15058800

The above link lists several tips for using the spreadsheet as well. I hope some of you guys can find it useful. :-) Feel free to e-mail me personally (Natalie.Bates@gmail.com) with questions, ideas, comments, etc.

Wow! Went to your journal, d/l'd the file and POOF! Nice job! Thank you for all of your hard work! :P

The spreadsheet has a new, permanent home at:

http://www.nattiechan.com

Enjoy!

Wow, Nattie, that spreadsheet is fantastic, thanks very much :P

As a newbie to BPAL, I have just put in comments about the oils I've tried so far (not yet too long a job) but its great and will help me keep track of what I've tried. I added five columns at the end: ordered, received, size of bottle, rating and fate (what I did with the oils).

Cheers

B

Greetings! I have updated the spreadsheet and it's available. It's in excel format. If you'd like a copy please send an e-mail to

andraruscoe at hotmail dot com.

DO NOT PM ME ABOUT THE SPREADSHEET.

BIG update to the BPAL spreadsheet...

In addition to listing every BPAL scent ever and all its information (as always, let me know if anything is missing), there are three new worksheets for managing your inventory, which are as follows:

Selling: This is the spreadsheet I use to manage all my sales, and it's a big reason why I've never had any problems forgetting to send anything. If I didn't have it, God knows what would happen. ;-)

It has columns for the date of the sell (I use the date they actually paid), their name, their forum or LJ name (linked to their actual journal or profile), their e-mail address, their address, how much they paid me, what I'm to send them, the USPS tracking number for their package, whether or not they've received it (I check the tracking numbers daily), and the most useful part...

... a column that generates an e-mail to send to them that includes what they ordered, what their tracking number is, and a link to the tracking number page. Look at the cell and you'll see what to edit to customize the message. This makes it EXTREMELY easy for me to keep people updated on everything because as soon as I come home from the post office, I just enter the tracking number in the spreadsheet, copy and paste that one little cell, and shoot them an e-mail. It takes like, two seconds, it's great, and I hope you guys find it useful.

Buying: Same premise, includes columns for the date you paid, the name of the seller, their LJ/forum name, their e-mail address, how much you paid them, what you ordered from them, the tracking number if they give you one, and whether or not you've received it. If I didn't use this spreadsheet, I really think I may be out some money if people forgot to sell me stuff, lol.

Swapping: Same premise, includes columns for the date the swap was initiated, their real name, LJ/forumn name, e-mail address, physical address, what you're sending them, what they're sending you, tracking numbers for both of you if applicable, whether each of you has received their end of the swap, and again, an e-mail generator for when you've shipped their package.

In addition, I've changed the Status column to the more descriptive "Availability," and added a new column called "Status" that you put whether you've ordered something, tested and liked something, tested and disliked something, etc, and now the Comments column is just for specific comments you have on the scent.

I've also added in all the Naughty & Nice oils, and changed all the anniversary and fall scents to discontinued. I've also added Bess after being told it was missing. :P

The BPAL spreadsheet is available at http://www.nattiechan.com. The webpage hasn't yet been updated to indicate this, but the file is the current version.

Phew! Please enjoy, and lemme know if anything is messed up. :D

This is absolutely fantastic. .

You've made an OCD BPAL Newbie's extremely happy.

Now off to go play!

Thank you so much!

I wish I could use this, but I have a mac. :P

I'm working on an AppleWorks database of scents. It's mainly intended to keep track of which scents I've tried and what I thought of them, so it doesn't do all the clever swap/buy/sell tracking that the Excel file does, but if anyone is interested in a copy drop me a PM!