Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

EPIC BPAL Spreadsheet Thread

Hi all, I'm lost without Hackess' awesome spreadsheet! I followed the template she uses and made a spreadsheet of things released by the Lab since her last entry of Bony Moon. The link is below if anyone wants to add the entries to their copy of Hackess' spreadsheet. It looks a little weird since it's up there as a google doc, but if you cut and paste it into regular old Excel it goes into the correct format. Let me know if I forgot something or if it doesn't work! :)

Brilliant, thank you!

Hey there all you Hackess spreadsheet users! I've added all the updates from recent months for BPAL, BPTP, and TAL to my own spreadsheet. If anyone would like the updated spreadsheet feel free to PM me and I'll email you the Excel file. That GoogleDoc thing I had going on in my signature is just too damn awkward :lol: I'll try grabbing a forumite and asking how to link the file in my signature like Hackess used to. (If you know how to do this I would love to know how!)

And thank god for Hackess' spreadsheet. I love it and I hope she's back around here soon :thud: I'm happy to keep doing it until then but please give me a prod if I forgot anything :poke:

So I started on this crazy spreadsheet project where I'm using Hackess's spreadsheet and putting everything in order: Excel spreadsheet with different tabs for organized Lupercalia, Yule, Halloweenie, Lunacy, GC, Gaiman, Salon etc. They will generally be organized by year and category etc. For me it is easier to see ALL GC in one place and all LE Yule or LE Lunacy in one place. Just helps keeping me organized. I really only have the GC and CD stuff finished and just started lunacy today, but here is the link! If you guys think you might want a copy let me know and once I am further along with it I'll see about making it so that you guys can all download it! So without further ado here it is...

(Has been edited, check later post)

ETA: Also I may need help with it and what not for putting things in order! So I'll be posting here every now and then with my progress!

Edited by ciaobonefish

Hey there all you Hackess spreadsheet users! I've added all the updates from recent months for BPAL, BPTP, and TAL to my own spreadsheet. If anyone would like the updated spreadsheet feel free to PM me and I'll email you the Excel file. That GoogleDoc thing I had going on in my signature is just too damn awkward :lol: I'll try grabbing a forumite and asking how to link the file in my signature like Hackess used to. (If you know how to do this I would love to know how!)

And thank god for Hackess' spreadsheet. I love it and I hope she's back around here soon :thud: I'm happy to keep doing it until then but please give me a prod if I forgot anything :poke:

oh, you are wonderful!! I've been meaning to update the spreadsheet, but just hadn't gotten around to it... so you are a marvel. I will be PMing you for a copy! :wub2:

So I started on this crazy spreadsheet project where I'm using Hackess's spreadsheet and putting everything in order: Excel spreadsheet with different tabs for organized Lupercalia, Yule, Halloweenie, Lunacy, GC, Gaiman, Salon etc. They will generally be organized by year and category etc. For me it is easier to see ALL GC in one place and all LE Yule or LE Lunacy in one place. Just helps keeping me organized. I really only have the GC and CD stuff finished and just started lunacy today, but here is the link! If you guys think you might want a copy let me know and once I am further along with it I'll see about making it so that you guys can all download it! So without further ado here it is...

Click Here for Preview of spreadsheet on GoogleDocs

I have completed tabs for GC impable, Gaiman, Salon, CD, and Lunacy, as I complete the other tabs (Lupercalia, Yule, Halloweenie, Other LE & Protos & Unreleased etc, Other Unimpable GC) I will post an update! If anyone wants this spreadsheet sent to them via email please PM me!

ETA: Also I may need help with it and what not for putting things in order! So I'll be posting here every now and then with my progress!

Cool! :) Would be a great option for people who dislike the Cmnd-F searching style. I may pick your brain on how to do a link to a GoogleDoc like that for the one I'm keeping - my first attempt was really wonky looking :lol:

oh, you are wonderful!! I've been meaning to update the spreadsheet, but just hadn't gotten around to it... so you are a marvel. I will be PMing you for a copy! :wub2:

:cheers: Hehe. Thanks stargirl! More than happy to do it! Appeals to my compulsive need to catalogue.

Edited by rayvn1

Ok so I did some work on the spreadsheet, finished up the Yules and Halloweenies tabs! Let me know if you guys see any mistakes or if I am missing something!

Spreadsheet on GoogleDocs

ETA.1: Edited link with newly complete Lupercalia tab! PM me with your email if you would like the document sent to you.

ETA.2: Edited link with finished unimpable GC scents, merged the Neil Gaiman tab into unimable GC. The Salon is separate.

Also quick question when it comes to cataloguing and organizing! Are the Irredeemable, Heroine, Sachs & Violens, Dawn, Witchblade, Gris Grimly, and Hellboy scents GC? I know on Hackess's spreadsheet some are listed as LE.

Edited by ciaobonefish

Ok so I did some work on the spreadsheet, finished up the Yules and Halloweenies tabs! Let me know if you guys see any mistakes or if I am missing something!

ETA.1: Edited link with newly complete Lupercalia tab! PM me with your email if you would like the document sent to you.

ETA.2: Edited link with finished unimpable GC scents, merged the Neil Gaiman tab into unimable GC. The Salon is separate.

Also quick question when it comes to cataloguing and organizing! Are the Irredeemable, Heroine, Sachs & Violens, Dawn, Witchblade, Gris Grimly, and Hellboy scents GC? I know on Hackess's spreadsheet some are listed as LE.

I think I'm in love.

They are basically GC. I mean, in theory they could come down at any point, but given how long the NG ones have been up, it seems unlikely. I'm sure they would announce them going dark. If they had been intended to be LE they probably would have been sold on someone else's site (ie: Amanda Palmer) or been posted like the comic wrestler ones with an end date.

Edited by Deek

I think I'm in love.

They are basically GC. I mean, in theory they could come down at any point, but given how long the NG ones have been up, it seems unlikely. I'm sure they would announce them going dark. If they had been intended to be LE they probably would have been sold on someone else's site (ie: Amanda Palmer) or been posted like the comic wrestler ones with an end date.

Alright thanks so much! Also if you mean you're in love because of the spreadsheet thanks so much! I'm currently working on the "Other LE" tab along with the "Discontinued Series" tab and those seem to be taking longer than the others, especially putting everything in order by release date! :lol:

I think I'm in love.

Alright thanks so much! Also if you mean you're in love because of the spreadsheet thanks so much! I'm currently working on the "Other LE" tab along with the "Discontinued Series" tab and those seem to be taking longer than the others, especially putting everything in order by release date! :lol:

Yes, that is why I'm in love. :D The only thing I'd say is that a few of the GCs that are DCed weren't marked as such, but I don't remember what right now. If I see any again I'll point them out!

Probably beyond ridiculous, but I can't wait for the Halloween update not only for the smellies but because I'll have so much fun inputting all the new oils into the spreadsheet :blush:

I don't know if this is helpful to anyone, but I've made a clean copy of my BPAL spreadsheet available on Google Documents. I don't know where I got the original years ago; I know I've altered it a lot & also copy-pasted chunks of Hackess' spreadsheet on many occasions to update mine more expeditiously. It is up to date through today... with the exception of a few things:

- there are a few duplicate entries I need to find and fix

- it's missing more than a few dates

- I've marked as "Discontinued" very few of the GC scents that have been discontinued in the last two years

- the BPTP section is massively incomplete

- I think it's missing Coulrophobia, too

I'm done messing with it for tonight. Also, one of the sheets contains a half-assed list of scents and descriptions from Haunt and Villainess, the only other two e-tailers I care about. I haven't finished formatting it yet, but it's probably only a ~45 minute project at this point, if you're interested.

This sheet is public and collaborative (in real time!).

- If you find errors... fix them for everyone else! If something is missing, add it (preferably after checking carefully with the "search" feature). If there is something you would like to change but you feel uncertain, select the text in question and press "Shift+F2" to use Google Docs' comment feature(or, use your mouse to select Insert > Comment).

- If it gets too messed up, send me a message & I will revert it back to a previously saved copy. (Hopefully it won't get messed up very frequently... we'll see how this goes!)

- If it looks messed up, try "sorting" it by one or several columns before you message me. (To do this, right-click on a column and select "Sort A -> Z".)

- Make your own copy or download a copy for private use. Feel free to copy-paste from it; I'm sure I've copy-pasted more than 50% of it myself.

Click here:

https://docs.google....zBFaEE&hl=en_US

Edited by merinette

Spreadsheet updated with BPAL and BPTP weenies :wub2:

What a great series of oils and smellies this year!!

Thanks to a DH who works with Google Docs, the link below leads to a downloadable version of the spreadsheet (the Download button is underneath the Doc's name, "Bpal Rayvn1-Hackess Spreadsheet.xls"

BPAL/BPTP Spreadsheet

I'm still happy to email it for those who prefer to go old school like i do ;)

Edited by rayvn1

I keep a giant notebook full of each blend I own, what line its from, its availability status, its description, my review of it (wet, dry, 1 hr, 2 hrs, 4 hrs), my scale of 1-10 for wet and dry, my stock of it and any personal notes about it.

Took damn forever to accumulate! I got blisters on me fingers!

Am I the only ocd masochist of this type? lol

I keep a giant notebook full of each blend I own, what line its from, its availability status, its description, my review of it (wet, dry, 1 hr, 2 hrs, 4 hrs), my scale of 1-10 for wet and dry, my stock of it and any personal notes about it.

Took damn forever to accumulate! I got blisters on me fingers!

Am I the only ocd masochist of this type? lol

I used to do this, but now I track of stuff I have in a spreadsheet, and unposted reviews in a text file. No use writing and then typing out what I wrote, for me--I just typed my impressions and prettied it up for posting in my blog/forum topics when I felt like it :)

I still have maybe a dozen or two "reviews" in my small notebook though.

Spreadsheet is updated with all the new delights (Batty, #occupywallstreet, etc.) :wub2:

I'm happy to email a copy, or the link to the GoogleDoc is in my signature below for downloading or perusing. Sorry if it was only a preview the last time I linked it! It's set up for shared access now :P

Edited by rayvn1

Spreadsheet is updated with all the new delights (Batty, #occupywallstreet, etc.) :wub2:

I'm happy to email a copy, or the link to the GoogleDoc is in my signature below for downloading or perusing. Sorry if it was only a preview the last time I linked it! It's set up for shared access now :P

:dance: Thank you! :dance:

Excellent! Thank you so much for keeping this all up to date for us OCD organised types :D

Ravyn,

I use Gmail exclusively, but I only have a few google docs for personal use so I'm not that familiar with them. Is this something I can sync so that it updates automatically, or will it have to be physically updated by someone periodically?

I'm trying to decide which spreadsheet to download. All the different choices are a tad bit overwhelming and the reading I'm doing isn't really helping that much. (believe me, it's me, not you guys! You guys are great!)

Lots of people here have impressive spreadsheets and ways of keeping track of their BPAL.

But for me, I find that the "design it however you want/need" way of Excel is the way for me.

I use all three worksheets for one book: The first sheet is My Stash on the left side, with the name, description, category and my review.

On the right side is my wishlist, which consists of the name, description and category.

When I make a purchase I cut and paste it from my wishlist to the stash side.

Sheet 2 is what I use for "Tried and Don't Have" and this is where I put the scents that I have sold, swapped or given away. This way I still have documentation of what I've tried, the category it is from, and my review of it, and where it went.

Sheet 3 is where I list what I have for sale or swap, so that I can keep those listed separate from sheet 1. I'm really trying to work my way through the GC and scents as they come, and keep my stash to only my absolute loves, so using the 3rd sheet to cut and paste the ones I don't love so much to really helps.

All my columns are labeled and color coded, which also makes it easier for me, because black and white format makes my eyes go :wacko:

I don't know how to post it to Google docs but if anyone would like to see my sheet I can email you a copy.

I too like the 'personalized' spreadsheet method, only I use Bento for mine. :) I tried Google docs, but I couldn't make it sit up and beg for me like I can Bento. Only I don't have with Bento I have the one master sheet, and a few saved 'searches' with specific criteria, like Need to Try or Need to Sell/Swap, which update automatically when the master sheet is updated.

Eeeeep. It's been too long, bpal. Spreadsheet is updated just in time for the Lupercalia update :thud:

No more letting school get the best of me! I need to keep my bpal priorities straight ;)