Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

EPIC BPAL Spreadsheet Thread

Blue Moon, DD, Lupes, and Candle Moon all added to the spreadsheet! Loviatar marked for death..

Edited by hackess

Blue Moon, DD, Lupes, and Candle Moon all added to the spreadsheet! Loviatar marked for death..

Sweet! I mean, the updated list. Not the demise of Loviatar.

February's Chaste Moon/Bards and BPTP updates have been added!

Totally awesome! I see so much in this list that I've missed out on and need to catch up. x_x

Thank you for the list :D

My original, color-coded and much annotated spreadsheet was on my old computer, which died. So I just downloaded the latest version (thank you, Hackess!) and now I've got some work to do.

The database at Perfoom has been updated to add the Black Helicopters. We still need help getting all of the GC and past LEs in there.

MeiLin, what an awesome site you've put together! A really great idea. :D

The database at Perfoom has been updated to add the Black Helicopters. We still need help getting all of the GC and past LEs in there.

Thanks!

I wish I wasn't so busy at night now -- I sat for many nights and put things into ScentBase (and entered all of the Black Helicopters and C2EC, Neverwhere, Irredemables, Witchblade, etc. today) and I wouldn't mind doing it for Perfoom too. But we're going to be superbusy at work until the beginning of August at least. O_o

Even putting one or two in now and again is a help, if you can (that goes out to anyone). That's what I do when I have a spare 5 minutes.

All caught up! For those of you who noticed, Ol' Roswell Cemetery has been added back to the list. I swear it keeps disappearing on its own. >_>

The only scent that hasn't been added yet is the Gaiman exclusive from tonight's reading. Once it's been named, I'll add it in.

In Reilig Oran (Gaiman event exclusive) has been added.

ETA: Auto-complete decided to post "Dorian v3" instead of "Door" for the Neverwhere line. This has been fixed.

Edited by hackess

Now with Panther and Lotus Moon, Metamorphosis, CT6, and BEES!

My spreadsheet is completely messed up... Ever since I switched to Open Office, it's been giving me problems, being slow and constantly getting hung up in order to save the data... Now I've noticed that many comment fields, which included the original scent descriptions and my review comments, have simply disappeared, and lots more have miraculously switched places, so that now the Eshe comment sticks to the Pit and the Pendulum, the comment of which is stuck with Tum, and so on. :thud:

I think I'll completely abandon my spreadsheet now. It doesn't seem to get along with the amount of data that is in it. I'll copy paste the reviews I can save to ScentBase and try to manage using only that.

Alternatively I've thought about splitting my spreadsheet into several smaller sheets. One for TAL, one for BPTP, one for BPAL LEs, one for stuff already tested, disliked and swapped... But I'd hate to have to jump between files.

Anybody else having problems with spreadsheets breaking down from too much data? :lol:

My spreadsheet is completely messed up... Ever since I switched to Open Office, it's been giving me problems, being slow and constantly getting hung up in order to save the data... Now I've noticed that many comment fields, which included the original scent descriptions and my review comments, have simply disappeared, and lots more have miraculously switched places, so that now the Eshe comment sticks to the Pit and the Pendulum, the comment of which is stuck with Tum, and so on. :thud:

I think I'll completely abandon my spreadsheet now. It doesn't seem to get along with the amount of data that is in it. I'll copy paste the reviews I can save to ScentBase and try to manage using only that.

Alternatively I've thought about splitting my spreadsheet into several smaller sheets. One for TAL, one for BPTP, one for BPAL LEs, one for stuff already tested, disliked and swapped... But I'd hate to have to jump between files.

Anybody else having problems with spreadsheets breaking down from too much data? :lol:

I had most of the problems you had when I was using Appleworks. I resisted changing for the longest time because I really did like the integrated DB/WP/SS aspect of Appleworks, and didn't feel like starting all over again with some other program.

BUT...

I got sick of losing data, major page loading delays, etc. After doing a little research, I settled on Bento as the program which would do what I wanted, plus it would import all my data, solving my major procrastination reason of not wanting to retype everything. Plus, Bento wasn't too spendy, which was another worry point.

If I hadn't been able to find another program I could use without retyping, I would have used ScentBase, because it really is a great resource and if I was going to retype everything, why not do it there? But it's a moot point; Bento works for me, and it holds all the data I want + the icons I create to boot (Appleworks didn't do that!).

I got sick of losing data, major page loading delays, etc. After doing a little research, I settled on Bento as the program which would do what I wanted, plus it would import all my data, solving my major procrastination reason of not wanting to retype everything. Plus, Bento wasn't too spendy, which was another worry point.

That looks really nice! :)

If I were using a MAC I'd consider spending those 49 dollars, too.

That looks really nice! :)

If I were using a MAC I'd consider spending those 49 dollars, too.

D'OH! I'm so sorry; I'm so used to Macs being the 'ported to' platform I didn't realize Bento hadn't been released for PCs. :(

No need to be sorry, stellans!! :D

Question: Does anyone have the images from past LE Salon blends (or other past LEs that came with pictures)?

I'm uploading pictures to ScentBase since Cam has made me an admin (probably seeing that I'm running full virgo mode on the website, adding stuff like whoa and bombarding her with e-mails every time I couldn't do something in normal user mode. :P).

*timidly raising hand* There's also the platform-agnostic Perfoom.com, which could use some helping hands in entering all the scents. We're up to almost 1500 in the database, most BPAL but some other etailers, too.

No need to be sorry, stellans!! :D

Question: Does anyone have the images from past LE Salon blends (or other past LEs that came with pictures)?

I'm uploading pictures to ScentBase since Cam has made me an admin (probably seeing that I'm running full virgo mode on the website, adding stuff like whoa and bombarding her with e-mails every time I couldn't do something in normal user mode. :P).

Poor Cam! ;) I did the same thing to her.

I have photos on my bpal flickr gallery (and there are more photos on the BPAL Fiends Flickr group, but I wouldn't add them to ScentBase without their owners permission.) You can add any of mine to ScentBase.

*timidly raising hand* There's also the platform-agnostic Perfoom.com, which could use some helping hands in entering all the scents. We're up to almost 1500 in the database, most BPAL but some other etailers, too.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I love the way you put that!

Thanks, Twilighteyes, I'll only use yours for now - next time I find time to enter stuff, which will probably be next time I am procrastinating something more important. (I should have been working on our departments' BA programme flyer illustration yesterday.) :lol:

MeiLin, I'm on perfoom, too, and started to enter things (I think :think:). I'll certainly help later on. For now, I want to see some stuff on ScentBase complete.