Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

EPIC BPAL Spreadsheet Thread

Contact form is up at Perfoom.com. If you spot something amiss there, or need to contact me about any Perfoom business, drop me a line there.

Contact form is up at Perfoom.com. If you spot something amiss there, or need to contact me about any Perfoom business, drop me a line there.

Couldn't see contact info on your site without signing up so I'm posting this here instead:

Hey, just a note on something you need to get fixed with your hosting for perfoom.com

Currently http://perfoom.com takes you to digitalnovelists.com, this can easily be fixed if you contact your DNS host and get the records updated so that perfoom.com and www.perfoom.com to point to the same place.

Just an additional thought: does anyone moderate your perfoom site and strip out/combine duplicates or approve descriptions? My biggest concern (and the reason I don't sign up & use it yet) is that the information I could be working with is potentially false/incorrect.

Edited by Glompbot

dang it! I'M the webhost! I fixed the perfoom.com/www.perfoom.com problem; I use Drupal and run multiple sites on one code base, the top level of which is digitalnovelists.com. I just neglected to direct both perfoom/www.perfoom to the same spot. Thanks for the headss-up.

As to duplicates: I keep a pretty close eye on things, and the software disallows duplicate names in most instances. I have caught duplicates where someone has left off or added a "The" and such, but they've been rare. I ask people to search first in the entry form, and I'll make the search box more prominent.

Notes: I say on the entry form to use only notes listed by the etailer; I don't really have another way of policing it apart from users and my own eyes, but I just don't have time to look up each scent. If you find something mis-described, you can always let me know--somehow--and I'll fix it. If notes are mis-entered, it's really not THAT huge. I can fix the entry itself with very little effort and no change to your lists.

Contact form: I can't open it up to anonymous browsers. I would get far, far, far too much spam that way. I'm sorry. :( You're welcome to leave notes for me either in this thread or in PM.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Just thought the few of you that use Bento for mac to track your BPAL might be interested to know Bento 3 has just been released.

It looks pretty spiffy.

Hackess, your spreadsheet is a godsend. My devoted thanks. Just a quick question. I've been working off of a 2-year-old copy of the spreadsheet ... so ... no updates other than what I put in myself. But I thought it was time for a full update so I downloaded the 9/2/09 file. The question is... my current copy is obsessively notated and color-coded, etc. Is there a way to merge the old file and the new without overwriting my data? Just wondering.

THANK YOU again!

Michelle

Hi MichelleK -

Hm. You *might* be able to merge them with a built-in Excel tool, but I don't pretend to be an Excel guru. My best guess is that you would want to start over; I can't imagine it would be a pretty merge. I removed a number of columns from the previous incarnation of the spreadsheet and added a few new ones. Copy+paste might be your best bet here. Sorry :(

Edit to add: Which reminds me...I've been on vacation the last two weeks, so I'll get to adding Raven Moon update this week. :)

Edited by hackess

Thanks Hackess. Yeah - the more I tinkered with it, the clearer it became that it was going to be a manual job. It's all good though. I'm pleased with the results and I think it'll be much easier for me to add updates in the future.

Thanks for sharing your hard work! :D

I need an updated complete list, oooor stuff added over the summer and til now. If anyone has such a list, I would totally appreciate it if I could, like, borrow it :)

I need an updated complete list, oooor stuff added over the summer and til now. If anyone has such a list, I would totally appreciate it if I could, like, borrow it :)

Kristana:

Try Hackess' spreadsheet. All of the new items are added at the bottom of the sheet, so all you have to do is find in Hackess's spreadsheet the last thing you remember/have in your current spreadsheet, and then copy everything below that and paste it into your permanent one. :)

--M

In case you guys are wondering, I'm waiting for Friday's 13 update, and then I'll get the spreadsheet up this weekend. I promise!

Anniversary and DarkDel/Trunk Show scents have been added, preemptively in some cases. :)

I've been using ScentBase to keep track of my perfume.

I'll have to take a look at perfoom too! (I have way too much fun keeping track of things. I use spreadsheets too. And google docs. I think I have way too much free time on my hands at night.)

A kind soul let me know that the Inquisitions were missing from the spreadsheet. That's been rectified!

So, a while ago, probably on the last SW round, a forumite said she had created an online database so that we could keep our collection in order. I created an account and forgot all about it, and now I can't remember the name of the website. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Brian's Blue Moon and the impossibly cute Werepuppy have been added to the spreadsheet!