Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Muguet, Tea Rose, and Ylang Ylang

Kinda what it says on the tin. I get muguet most of all. The tea rose is not far behind, sweet and light. It's a very airy floral scent, reminding me of a valley field of blossoms, full and floral without being heady. As someone who is more of a rose fan than a general floral fan, this was not for me.

The ylang is definitely the strongest note on this one for me. The muguet appears at first, disappears, and then returns 15 minutes late with Starbucks. The rose leaves for the war and is gone forever, which is BIZARRE on me who amps all the roses.

Muguet and Ylang Ylang battle to be on top of this scent for me. The muguet is winning very narrowly, much to my delight as it is a favorite scent, but there is quite a bit of Ylang Ylang. Together, they are a pleasantly sharp, white floral mix that is rather energizing. There is a soft waft of roses underneath that reigns in the sharpness of the scent just a little, but the roses are definitely an afterthought on my skin.

I'm definitely going to be playing with layering this one (one of the things that I like about three notes and duets).

This starts out with the muguet and tea rose as the dominant notes, but as it wears, the ylang ylang amps up, adding a little bit of tropical, white-floral headiness to what would otherwise be a fresh, springlike floral blend. This could be a good blend for someone who is curious about white florals but is wary about loudness or screechiness -- the fresh/green qualities of the muguet and tea rose balance out the headiness of the ylang ylang nicely.

Totally agree, muguet is in the lead star here, so if you are a fan of this note you will likely love this one. The almost peppery tea rose does come out a bit, but ylang has it's own depth and intrigue. It reminds me a lot of Wisteria, Muguet, and Lily of The Valley and makes a great alternative to it.

There is something here that adds a darker depth as it wears, it is hard to describe, like how gardenia and tuberose have a depth but without the poo-ey part of the indoles.

The tea rose sticks around a bit and glamours this up too, very 1900-20s era photo of a woman standing in a garden of roses and other flowers and a glass hothouse nearby.

This could also be good for other eras, 30s, 40s, or any time in the 1800s. It's vintage and timeless in a very pretty but not outdated way. 

A winner for Team Muguet! :wub2: