Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Lemon Peel, Gardenia, and Carnation

While this is not quite what I hoped it would be, I am in love with it! I’ve been on a mission for lemon-forward scents for some time and was excited when this was launched. Sniffing from the decant, I get a quick burst of a pithy (not juicy) lemon, and that lasts for a moment on the skin but then it’s gone. So that’s a bummer. However, the scent that lingers is really lovely. I’m a big fan of gardenia, so I’m aware of its tendency to screech that high-pitched floral and totally dominate a blend, but wow, it pairs with carnation in the most glorious way. Carnation tends to go spicy to me, almost clove-y if left uncontrolled, but it too is tempered by the other floral here. I’d almost call this “White Carnation.” It’s a little soapy, sure, but that’s not a bad thing here. Somehow it’s a clean floral with something ever-so-slightly aquatic, and not at all something where you’ll get the feedback that “you smell like flowers.” It’s quite a fantastically complicated smell given how straightforward it’s three notes can be! Moderate throw and long lasting, I think I’m going to grab a bottle.