Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Ghost Lily, White Sandalwood, and Ambergris Accord

I've worn this a few times, and it's a weird scent, but a good scent.  It starts out smelling kind of funky.  I blame the ambergris, it can be iffy on me, but I'm learning it can sometimes do nice things.  At first this seems like too much ambergris and I'm kind of repelled but interested at the same time.  

After a short time it does smooth out a lot and I'm weirdly reminded of....birch beer?  Birch beer on the beach?  Herbal, a little earthy, and still kind of beachy.  It's not single note ambergris, but the other notes are doing weird things, not in a bad way though.  There's something I really like about it.  

I don't get much lily or sandalwood either but sometimes I can't pick out white sandalwood, so that's not surprising.  This smells clean, herbal, maybe a little woody like driftwood or something.  I'm glad I took a chance on it!  

Edit.. Perhaps what I'm smelling is mostly ambergris, but the other notes are making making it more likeable to me than it sometimes can be.  

Edited by forspecial_plate

On my skin, this is predominantly an airy waft of fresh lilies. It's a soft lily scent, but definitely maps over the other notes on my skin. There's a creaminess to it that I tend to attribute to BPAL's ambergris note, and the barest hint of a light slightly spicy wood that brings out the slight spicy lily note that I attribute to sandalwood here.

It's interesting to see how much of a difference skin chemistry makes because unlike the reviewer above me, everything else is in support of the lily on my skin.

On my skin, the sandalwood is the most prominent note, but it's much more of a sharp, green sandalwood rather than a soft one. I think the lilies might be contributing to this -- they contribute something more chilly than distinctly floral to this scent. It's a little hard to pick out the ambergris specifically, but there's something just vaguely salt-air about this that complements the airy, chilly lily and sandalwood notes. This feels to me like a less obviously aquatic, more floral cousin of the Teakwood, Moss, and Salt trio.

Starts off spicy, dry, dusty white sandalwood, then the ghost lily joins and adds a floral soapy note. I don't think I'm getting much ambergris. This is mainly a very nice, expensive, sandalwood/lily soap on me.