Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

The Parca and the Angel of Death

The sun hanging low over an ever-darkening harvest of cold stone, blood red musk, inky opoponax, smoky clove husk, and vetiver root.

On me this was a sweet, slightly animalic musk with sweet clove and a nuttiness that's probably from the vetiver. The musk is the strongest note.

I couldn't detect the stone or the opopanax.

Edited by Biocarbons

This is a pretty scent, not my usual. It may end up in the destash pile, it’s hard to define the scent. The main dry down notes were the stone & vetiver. So a very dark, Smokey scent. The musk & the close are there off & on. Almost like the distance changes it. 

I’ll update if the impression changes. But for now, this is definitely more of a slinky night out scent. 

A beautiful, smoky vetiver dominates this scent, and it brings to mind dried grasses burning into billows of black smoke.  It has none of that weird mesquite bbq vetiver, which is what I always worry about.  This is earthy, rich, and primal vetiver, and the little bit of clove, the sweetly resinous opoponax, and the amazing, strong, blood red musk really round it out into something that's very sensual to me.  I just love the sour, dark, slightly metallic edge (it's not the clean chrome metallic or a rusty metallic) and deep. wine-like fruitiness of the blood musk, while it still smells so thick and heavy and really does make me think of blood.  An idealized vision of blood.  I love it paired with the earthy, smoky vetiver.

I've been wearing this for several months now and it keeps getting better, sort of smoother, with the blood red musk coming through more.  I love it and I loved looking up and learning about all of the influences behind this artwork.  I always look forward to the monthly paintings <3.