Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A cascade of buttery pastels: pale mosses, creeping thyme, violets, carnation, white mint, lily of the valley, white jasmine, pear, and heliotrope swirled in a mist-pink sugared musk haze.

🏸 Translation: A Game of Shuttlecock (women playing with racquets, making flower crowns and bathing in lake) 🏸

First impressions: Buttery pastels indeed! This is a scent for those who enjoy Beth's other pastel inspired works such as The Last Unicorn. Compared to TLU this one is less wet, no flashy gardenia or lettuce here, yet still delightfully dreamy. Gioco Del Volano is well-blended and pastel without being powdery or pale. This smells like a delicate wave of melting colors: creamy, subtle and sweet. The scent is not indolic, despite featuring white jasmine and Lily of The Valley. The LoTV plays really well with the pear softening the greener edges with a juiciness, in turn creating a dewy pink perfume that strongly evokes spring. Throw: medium, longevity TBD🌷🌼🎀

Edited by MonBon

Wet, Gioco immediately brought  Vag Tales of The Nocturnal Palace to mind. Very similar. On the dry-down however,  Gioco goes its own way and becomes quite different from Vag Tales.  It becomes greener and the pear punches through, almost a bit tart?  Anyway, if you liked Vag Tales IMO this one is worth a try. YMMV

In the imp I get beautiful sugared jasmine and a sprinkle of herbs. It gets very quiet on my skin, mostly sugary vanilla and some smooth jasmine. There is a pear whispering a few rooms over. Some moss and thyme are in my pocket. It's a pretty scent, but my skin is just eating it up for some reason.

I wanted to like this and was hoping for Last Unicorn vibes, but the jasmine is very breathy and indolic for hours and with the pear made this very cloying, and stomped on most of the other notes.

Hours laters, it does pretty up into something sweet, floral, slightly herbal, and pastel, which I liked ok, it just takes too long to get there. This could do with some aging.

i picked this up hoping it would be similar to mysterious garden, ie a perfumey scent. it is perfumey although there are definitely differences between the two blends. this strongly reminds me of mr. hex’s black cat, which is i believe a dupe of black opium? i’ve never tried black opium but this def reminds of black cat. maybe a little lighter and less cloying

Lots of jasmine, the lighter kind that is sweet and bright vs. heady sexpot or sumptuous and grand. It makes me think "pink," though it's listed as white. The pear lends juiciness, and the sugary aspect is quite noticable.  I get a teensy hint of creamy mint and moss, but otherwise, the rest of the notes just blend into a lovely, pillowy melange that adds complexity to the sugared jasmine. 

This does smell pastel to me, but more bright than hazey or buttery - like dyed eggs nestled in Easter. I can see the Last Unicorn references, as in: this could fit nicely into the collection. The creamy mint/moss combo also reminds me a lot of the Cacao & Black Moss base. So that, without the cocoa, and will juicy, sweet spring florals over the top. 

Overall, a subtly complex, spring floral, that you probably have to be on speaking terms with jasmine to enjoy, but is well worth a conversation if you are. 😉

First on, this smells like opening a bag of fresh gummi bears while wearing a gorgeous, sugary floral perfume (the gummi bears fading to bear-ly there after 15 minutes).  There's a sharp, elegant, department store type of perfume muskiness, but it just smells great mixed with all of the sweetness.  This is a very floral perfume, but I can't pick out any one flower by itself, they just melt together into a beautiful bouquet with the juicy pear and pink sugar giving it plenty of sweet tones.  I was worried about the mint, but I get zero mint.