Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Apple blossoms sway before a backdrop of French lavender, lilac buds, spring grasses, and a flash of crimson blossoms.

The first whiff of this sent me to the internet in search of the apple blossom shampoo I used as a teen. (If there are any hints out there please PM me because I couldn’t find anything!) Wet on the skin, it’s still mostly that scent with a bit of a green grassy note behind it. Lavender often eats everything else on my skin, and one hour into a test wear and I don’t smell lavender *at all* nor do I get anything “crimson.” I can find a little lilac if I really search for it. Sadly, this seems to be fading rather quickly. It sits very close to the skin to begin with, with not a lot of sillage, and it definitely goes faint pretty rapidly. I’m going to try it in a locket to see if I can get more staying power, because I really do love the apple blossom scent.

If someone had told me that crimson blossoms = red musk, I would have avoided this. I was here for the apple blossoms and lavender.

And the apple blossoms, lavender, and lilac are all there at first (more apple blossoms and lavender at first), backed by some grasses, but then. THEN. I start getting wafts of red musk, which then ends up shoving the other notes aside to take the center stage. So then it's red musk, tinged with more apple blossom than the other florals or grass.

Why, red musk, whyyyyy?

Apples, and I agree with doomsday_disco about the red musk. I can’t define other notes, though there’s a light floral in the sillage. This has a traditional perfume quality to my nose… which could be the lilac now that I think about it (I avoid lilac so not super familiar with it). 

Long throw. Pretty, and darker than I expected. The vibe is more crimson blossoms than white apple blossoms. 

ETA: throw lasts about 4 hours and is nicest at about 2 hours. A nice date night scent, methinks. 

Edited by Estamets

i picked up this blend due to the reviews mentioning “crimson blossoms”= red musk. i don’t get much red musk, or even really anything like “crimson blossoms”, or even any lilac. this is all about the apple. it’s a really pretty apple blend, but i’ll be revisiting this sometime in the future to see if any red musk pops out 

ETA 1/23/24: retesting this, the apple is a little less dominant. It's very sweet and golden on application, as opposed to the more tart/fresh/green version of apple if that makes sense. After an hour or so the apple fades somewhat and the lilac comes more to the forefront. Still very fruity when I sniff it but there's definitely a hint of the sweeter base notes underneath

Edited by DiZZysTARdust