Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

… And the Fairies Ran Away With Their Clothes

Lemon-yellow sunbeams streaming through evergreen boughs, waving on wild grass. A rustle of linen, lace, and cotton, and a soft breath of fae blossoms.

Okay, so, if you are like me and indoles go diaper-y on you, I would definitely give this a pass. The florals are some flavor of indolic white floral. The rest of the blend is *gorgeous* though! It kinda reminds me of a milder Vampire Lace. I'll probably be swapping mine away, but I'd recommend it for fans of jasmine or lily.

In the bottle I get evergreen and clean cotton mostly, maybe some white florals wrapped up in that laundry breeze. On my skin it gets more meadowy-  grassy and a mix of florals that I have difficulty pulling apart. I definitely could see lily being in the mix, there's a light sappy/waxy floral element. The evergreen note is hanging out in the background and a teensy streak of lemon starts to poke out as it dries down. I can't really pull out any of the textile notes or that 'laundry' vibe from the bottle, but I think it is all melding into that meadow mix. A spring breeze in a bottle! 

This was the biggest fail I had from my recent batch of cat and lunacy decants. This is very much about the lemon-infused amber (I believe that's what makes up the sunbeams) and some very in-your-face laundry from the fabric notes, and they combined and became so high-pitched with such throw that I had that feeling of something being caught in my throat because the scent was so high-pitched and strong (seriously, I was baking cookies and not even trying to sniff my arm and this scent was declaring dominion over everything, even the wax melts I was melting in my kitchen). The evergreen in this is very light on me and most noticeable during the wet phase of the scent, before it becomes laundryville. And there's a bit of funk to this at one point, which goes away, and I'm not sure if it is from the lemon amber or the fae blossoms, or perhaps a combo of both. But the high-pitched scent engulfing me was just too much (I don't even dislike laundry scents... I'm fine with Apocalypse Box and Boober, but this one did not jive with me).

Fabric notes are a big risk for me, but this might be my biggest fabric fail.

Well, I didn't want to believe this smelled like diapers, and in the opening there is definitely more nuance: a little lemony, a little piney, mostly clean fabricy. But wearing this and Queen and The Page on my other elbow crux, after a while my boyfriend walked in and said I smelled like diapers (he's been saying that a lot recently after applying perfume).

side by side, this is more diaper than Queen, so I suppose it is the culprit. 

Welp.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

This starts out more grass than evergreen, with an understated lemon amber and some well-blended floral and laundry scents. I do think the floral note is lily; it reminds me a lot of Leanan Sidhe, which is lily among herbs, grass, and mists. The clean laundry note reminds me of Dirty, if that works for you; there's a tiny hint of their vanilla lace note, but Dirty is strong. It also reminds me of The Dead Hour of the Night, from a Halloween collection several years ago, which was pine, moonflower, and opium, but without the opium.  Conceptually it reminds me of Queen Mab's Lace, one of my favorites, but they're not all that similar in execution.

Over the hours of wear the amber ultimately ended up very prominent, but not powdery, and the evergreen also became stronger; although it's not very wintry it did remind me of Christmas, all bright warm glowy amber and evergreen. The lace-laundry notes lasted for a good while but amber-evergreen outlasted them all. 

Definitely one of the most unique forest-y blends in my collection. I'm happy I got it.

This is lovely. The slightly lemony amber provides a resinous backdrop paired with the evergreen trees. Neither is a loud part of the scent but they ground it overall. It brings to mind emerging into a sunlight meadow from the woods.

In the meadow, there are lilies and other white flowers blooming. I think there could be a tiny touch of moonflower in this because my brain definitely thinks this shares a floral note with A Little Silver Scimitar that I tested yesterday. There may also be a hint of jasmine, but it's not one of the main florals on my skin.

To my relief, the laundry note has subsumed by the laundry. There is definitely a soft cotton drying on warm dry grasses in the sun vibe to the laundry scent. It's clean and soft and makes the scent gentle.

I like this, it's really pretty!

I wore And The Fairies tonight without checking the notes first and I didn't get any lemon, amber, or greenery.  It went straight to a sort of generic, creamy, lightly floral scented lotion where I couldn't pick out any one particular floral. Slightly spring-like and a tad soapy.

In the bottle there's a note unknown to me that's a little unpleasant to me, though there's plenty of lesser strong notes in here i can already pick out that are very beautiful - natural greens, flora, amber, cotton... On application to my surprise it stays pretty much the same, lol! I'm guessing the unpleasant smell is some sort of mix of cotton, white florals, and maybe a strange mix of that lemon/everygreen far in the background of that weird mix. 

It's not by any means bad by the by, it's just... It doesn't work for me. It's soapy, but in an ancient old-dust kinda way. All the other pretty, fresh and more "natural" smelling notes dissapear after abt 10 minutes. Damn you skin chemistry!!