Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A portrait of feline dignity painted in bourbon vanilla cream, mallow flower, golden musk, with eyes of lemon amber.

I first sniffed this when I was hungry and had to put it down. It smelled like a lemon meringue pie, sweet-tart lemon curd and a halo of marshmallow-y fluff. Coming back to it, it does not read so gourmand. A beautiful musky amber made sparkling with lemon. Bright, warm, and golden. The vanilla and mallow sweeten this further, and give it that airy fluffiness but it's not sugary. Cheerful, yet elegant. 

Fluffy, soft, cozy. The mallow shines through, and the amber is a light one. Very wearable, especially on days when a person needs a soft kitty on their lap. 

Fluffy, vanilla-marshmallowy, and just a touch of fuzzy, amber-glow musk. Cozy and comfortable like a warm, purring, fluffy white cat!

I'm sure I'll be reaching for this a lot. It's smooth, creamy, and lightly sweet, with just a hint of golden musk (one of my favorite musks!), mallow, and amber. Pretty and inoffensive, so I think it will be a great work scent. (Also, I unintentionally layered this with Cat at the Table, and it's a great combination). 

White Cat is a crisp, airy lemon wafer with a creamy, fluffy vanilla marshmallow filling. But there's a resinous, ambery element as well; it's a cookie by way of incense-- you don't eat it,  you scent the room with it.

This is an airy cloud of vanilla and marshmallow with the slightest tinge of resinous lemon. The musk isn't something I can exactly pick out, but I think it adds a bit more depth to the vanilla and marshmallow fluff.

I really like the way the marshmallow and vanilla soften the resins while the resin notes tone down the sweetness of the perfume. The end result is yummy and very wearable! It really does evoke the image of a fluffy white cat.

First impression: Mmmmmmm DELICIOUS!! 🍋  This is magical It's amber kissed with lemon curd (i hate this word but that's what this smells like) a gourmand lemon, like the delectable one in Boozy Lemon Bars, minus the booze. The rest of the scent is velvety vanilla with a hint of golden musk. This cat is royalty, she knows it and she is worthy of praise. I LOVE this one!!! After 20 mins the sweet lemon takes a step back and I'm left in a poof of airy, restrained mallow flower with an edge of golden vanilla musk. Throw: close to skin, longevity: ~4-5 hours, slather-worthy, FS worthy. :heart:

Edited by MonBon

Warm golden musk and vanilla cream with a hint of lemon and mallowflower.  The vanilla becomes stronger over time. After a couple of hours of wear time I get a golden musk and amber swirled in vanilla cream.  It's a furry, warm scent that stays close to the skin.  

Edited by becca_s

I thought that this was going to be powdery white florals (yay brain fog) and then was really confused as to why I smelled like amazing, fluffy, lemony marshmallows on a base of warm amber after slathering this on.  I was really happy about the turn of events, though. 😋

Penis Bound With Gold Ribbon is one of my favorite bpal blends and it has similar notes of "golden musk, sweet amber, and lemon cream."  White Cat is like the sweeter, more youthful, more playful counterpart.  The amber isn't as dark in White Cat, the golden musk is stronger, and the fluffy sweetness is much stronger.  As it dries down, it's mostly a fluffy vanilla marshmallow scent with hints of lemon zest and a warm, glowing, golden musk and soft amber. 

I really like how bpal made this scent smell fluffy, soft, and cuddly like the kitty on the label.  As a cat person, I really appreciate this series and think that it is really well done.  I've always wished that bpal would do a cat line and a bird line like their butterfly series, so this is a dream come true for me. 💖

I still have a few more cat scents to test, but at the moment, this is my favorite.

It starts off strong on the lemon and vanilla cream, backed by the amber, and the lemon cream is almost like the lemon cream inside of a cookie. :yum: Over time, the mallow flower gains strength and it adds a wonderful sweet floofiness to the blend ('tis more mallow than mallow flower to me... it's not like the mallow flower in the honeysuckle trio). So then it's like a floofy mallow-infused lemon cream and amber. But over time, the amber gains strength, and the lemon, vanilla cream, and marshmallow floof calm down, so that it settles into a golden amber backed by musk by the end of the day, with only a hint of the lemon glory that came before. 

I was originally going to deathmatch this with Penis Bound with Gold Ribbon (golden musk, sweet amber, and lemon cream), but despite the note similarities, they are pretty different. This one is sweeter, and it's less perfume-y since it has a soft, golden amber instead of the somewhat high-pitched sweet amber of last year's Shunga scent. I didn't upgrade that one, but I'm debating upgrading this one -- although I enjoy the first few hours of the scent more than the late drydown when it's mostly amber. I will have to give this a full-day slather to see if it is bottle-worthy.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Well this is a win! Lemon marshmallow! No plastic!! Mellows out to faint sweet lemon with a little toastiness, not unlike Boozy Lemon Bars on me, but with sweet marshmallow cream rather than cookie.

White Cat is quite a confection when freshly applied. Something about it makes me think of a carnival or amusement park. Lemony sweet marshmallowy floof! I think I have said floof in all my Felis reviews, oops. Stays fairly soft and close, just like a very good cat.

i've been really into creamy lemony vanillas lately so i was drawn to this. at first i get vanilla cream and lemon. it's so pretty and cozy. after a few more minutes i get more musk and amber, which add a kind of incense element. dries down to mostly vanilla cream and amber with little hints of lemon. so cozy! i think i need a bottle.

In the bottle and wet I get a faint nuttiness and cream. Once dry it is sweet, creamy, with a tiny bit of musk and lemon. The amber gets more prominent over time but its still creamy. After an hour it is amber scented marshmallows. Low throw.

Really enjoying this one. While wet, I get a bright, sweet lemon - I immediately think of pretty golden cat eyes. This stage doesn't last long, and the soft vanilla amber musk follows, reminescent of a soft cat's fur. The musk actually kind of reminds me of the gentle baby-musk smell of my cat.

It's definitely a low-throw, close-to-the-skin scent, which is very appropriate I think - it's snuggled up on your lap. Might need another bottle, I like to slather this.

Edit to add that yup, I need a backup of this. It's my favourite vanilla-lemon-amber scent now. It's a grown-up, sophisticated Sticky Bat with a touch of woodsy resin and sweet powder.  

Edited by Amoraexcena
improving the review after wearing the oil since it has settled

UPDATE: After a forum user read my review complaining that this smells a lot like Haunted and suggested that there might've been an error, I got a replacement bottle.

The original smelled mostly like black musk. I nicknamed it Haunted Cat.

The new bottle smells more like what I expected. In the bottle, it smells like a lemon cookie. A very specific kind of lemon cookie comes to mind, but I can't remember the name of it. There's something rich and creamy that reminds me of the Beaver Moon cheesecake or some kind of custard.

Lemon always does something a little odd on my skin. When I put it on it becomes pine-y, leaving me with this rich custard and a pine bough. Piney lemon stays at the front for the majority of my time with White Cat 2.0, with a small cloud of marshmallow floof hovering around for a good few hours. Later in the day the marshmallow floof cloud and piney lemon gradually dissipate, leaving me with the marshmallow's ghost and a whisper of amber close to the skin.

Edited by Laughing Seagull

this opens as a cloud of lemon floof accompanied by a deliciously sweet flaxen amber.  gourmand in the upper register, but playing chicken with that foody/not foody classification.  eventually it settles as a golden sticky amber pastille slowly melting into a baked lemon meringue. glowing, warm, sweet, and velvety.  it's a delight.

Edited by MamaMoth