Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

One good churn deserves another: butter, cream, and a thump of frankincense.

Sampling my sister's bottle. This is creamy, soft, and pretty. Definitely in the same family as Vision of the Courtesan (though this doesn't have the dazzling tobacco flower and is instead more down to earth) and Hymn to St Brigid. 

Creamy butter and sweet cream! Warm and cozy. I agree with the St Brigid comparison - it's very similar - but Cat Churning Butter doesn't have the honey (good for anyone who might not like the honey note!) and instead has a faint soft spice note, not too strong, which is probably the frankincense. Very pretty and soft and warm!

Beautiful lightly sweet buttery cream. I barely detect the frankincense, it melds really well, just giving a bit of complexity. 

A gorgeous, perfect, simple sweet cream perfume.  It reminds me very much of Bpal's Boo and a little bit of Haus of Gloi's Ghost Puffs.  Cool vanilla, sugared milkiness, and a whiff of salted butter.  It's also very strong with great throw on my skin.  It might require a backup bottle.

This is SUCH a beauty! I know it's strange to wear something that has butter as a note, but the cream and frankincense really pull it from being a niche-gourmand into a smoother, more sophisticated scent. On opening this, it  starts off smelling like golden butter, smooth cream, and a very light touch of frankincense. As it develops on my skin though, it then winds up smelling like smelling a tub of Cornish cream at a church. Absolutely comforting, light, and great for first-timers who have been used to mainstream perfumes.

I say that this is great for people who like mainstream stuff, because my very discerning sister and mom have taken a huge shine onto this perfume. As soon as I opened it, they instantly crowded in with 'ooh's and asked to try it (it's also gotten a good reaction from my cat! I try to only apply on perfume outside of the house since my cat has FIV and I worry about her breathing in essential oils--but when I came back home after wearing it all day, she absolutely perked up and wanted to smell my neck). I'm so taken in by this perfume (and the funny medieval art that inspired this!), I'll absolutely buy a backup! It's such a shame that this can't be part of the general collection!

Cat Churning Butter is creamy, yet surprisingly non gourmand. A hint of salted butter only comes through in the very back of my nose if I snoof my wrist hard.

Frankincense and cream are the stars of the show, and they make this a classy cat.

I feel like something is missing that would elevate this beyond "pretty good" though. Maybe a flower.

ETA: I mixed a drop of Cat Churning Butter and a drop of Black Lotus and it's perfection.

Edited by Laughing Seagull

It's always really interesting to me how different scents are from skin to skin. On me, Cat Churning Butter is creamy, salty butter that's been slightly sweetened by powdered sugar. Butter is definitely the spotlight here. It's not really what I was expecting or hoping for, but I adore the label art and I think I'll occasionally feel like I need to smell like buttery sugar cookie dough. The label art alone makes me smile.