Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Magic Double Chunk Chocolate Chip Cookie

A dense and melty confection, baked with skill and love by someone with the power to accidentally annihilate your weekend plans.

Okay, I’m extremely disappointed in this one. I’m going to let it sit longer and then test it again.

In the bottle, chocolateish with something odd that might be something that’s supposed to be marijuana? I was looking for the nose numbing weed smell or at least something akin to other weed blends I’ve smelled.

On skin, complete plastic. Idk what happened! Almost like hot plastic left outside in the sun with a shred of leftover chocolate on it.

Instant pass- but I’m going to test it again this week to see if anything has changed.

I waited several days to share my review in the hope that someone else would chime in with a more positive experience. But I don't want to forget to review this, so here goes.

This is not what I was expecting. It's actually curiously fruity in the way that Baby's First Chainsaw is with a stealth currant note. In that scent, I had attributed that to being part of the chainsaw grease accord, but after testing this, I believe this is the same cookie note used in that scent, with the bonus currant note. Some dark chocolate varieties have fruity tones to them and I think that may be what Beth was going for here. I get very little weed in this, and once the unexpectedly fruity cookie calms down, I get more of the baked dough of the cookie, which ends up morphing into the same cloying scent that almost every Death and Floral blend has ended up on me. :( 

I'll retest this in a few weeks to see if it has improved with settling, but for now, I can't see myself reaching for this over Baby's First Chainsaw, which features an amazing metal-infused vanilla musk later on in wear. I also can't see myself reaching for this over Magic Brownie, which is heavier on the chocolate and the weed.

ETA: I retested this today. It has changed a lot, but I still don't like it. Now there's definitely way more weed with the cookie, just a hint of fruitiness to the chocolate, but also, it's like the cookie has been dunked in soy sauce or yeast extract (like vegemite)!? 😭 When I went to check the mail earlier, I did get wafts of chocolate chip cookie while I walked through the heat, but up close, it's soy sauce cookie. I don't understand why this one hates me so.

Edited by doomsday_disco

My favorite of the two “baked goods” I purchased ! In the bottle it smells like dank weed and crumbled cookie bits, the chocolate chunks being prevalent. When I put it on the weed hangs around for a little bit but then dries down into a delightful brown sugar chocolate cookie. I have actually been reaching for this quite a bit and am very interested to see what this will do as it ages.

Chocolate chip cookie indeed! The weed note is present but not overpowering and the cookies are crispy, right on the edge of becoming burnt. Bakery gourmands usually don't play nice with my skin but this one is perfectly realistic. Consider me impressed.