Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A psalm of the hare. Blessed of the moon and beloved of witches as fetish, fetch, and form.  Adrenaline-heightened, ears pricked, and ever watchful, this is a scent of both transmogrification and cunning.

Hay, wild grasses, moist roots clinging to the walls of shadowy burrows, sun-warmed stones, red benzoin, and a hint of moonlight upon datura flower blossoms.

Beautifully grassy while wet. There's a sweetness below, and the vaguest impression of distant blooms. A gentle and fleeting blend while wet on the skin.

As it dries, it gets sweeter and a little fuzzier. Like fur that's been running through dew-kissed grass. The stones come through as it dries, a little mineralic quality. This hare is popping in and out of its lair, checking for danger, bringing the earth below and the grass above together on its paws.

A really lovely, gentle blend. Deceptively fragile with lots more to offer under the surface. 

Note: I'm testing this fresh from the mail since these are only available for a limited time, so ymmv !

Edited by elissamay

This is magical. I tend to think of hay as a warm golden sunlit scent, but this is much more of a twilight blend. The sun has set, the warm stones are cooling. I wasn't sure how much the datura would come through, but it floats to the top once the grassiness subsides, adding an ethereal accent to the hay. This rabbit hole doesn't lead to wonderland, it leads to the faerie realm, and who knows what the rabbit has been up to. 

oh this is so very pretty! It’s green and bright and wonderful. I know Lettuce is not listed as a note in this blend, but, I am reminded of the wild lettuce in The Last Unicorn. I suppose that is the sweetness of the hay and wild grasses. It is a playful perfume on my skin, like I am not picking up on a cunningness, I am smelling something more like a moonbathing in wet summer grasses. As it dries, it is less sweet on my skin and I begin to pick up the datura blossoms, which smell of honeysuckle. I am again thinking of The Last Unicorn… I think the lilac and lettuce notes there are reminding me of the hay and datura here. Lovely perfume. Need to test side by with The Last Unicorn to see if the white chocolate in that blend distinguishes it from Swiftfoot to determine if I need both. They are by no means even cousins, but in situations where I would reach for a summery green and floral blend, I am happy with The Last Unicorn and may not need both.

Swiftfoot is very much about the grass notes at first, but then the stone emerges and becomes more prominent over time, and it's a resinous sort of stone note. The floral note in this remains in a background role throughout wear.

This was the scent I was most curious about from this Spiritus Arcanum release, and I'm glad I got to try it! But I know I wouldn't reach for it over other grass or stone scents. Unexpectedly, Cinderpaw is my favorite scent from this Walpurgisnacht drop!