Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Eternity: Oman frankincense, white sandalwood, palo santo, white copal, cypress leaf, angelica root, helichrysum, and Bulgarian rose absolute.

This is not a blend I would typically go for, but I decided to branch out. I predominantly get lemony frankincense but every huff takes a different turn. The rose absolute comes out as soon as it warms on the skin. Very meditative at first, then it’s takes a turn into a feminine leaning church incense with a barely cheerful disposition . Reminds me of Lorraine Cross… it’s her little sis. 

There is something ever so slightly and fleetingly sour happening when I first apply this, and at first I thought it could be the cypress or the rose, but maybe it's those in combination with another note - could well be a lemony aspect of the frankincense. It doesn't stay sour, anyway: it quickly settles into a delicate scent of mourning, with somber resins, dark rose, and gentle cypress. There's a softness to all of it, a spare sweetness from the incense and herbs that is calming and elegant. Low throw, decent staying power.

I'm having a similar experience to LavenderCoffee above.  When I first got this there was a sour chemical aspect that I couldn't get past, I really thought I didn't like this scent, and I put it aside for a while.  

Now it's like the sour aspect is still there, but it's not bad.  I'm actually liking it today.  Somber is the right word.  I think I'll enjoy this on rainy chilly days in the fall.  Right now I have an Animalic Chaos Theory on too, a sweeter scent that I think has some cardamom, and it's helping to balance out the austere sour aspect of Death Moon.  

As far as notes, I think I mostly smell resins with a hint of rose.  The rose isn't very strong but the presence is there.  It's a little herby too.  I'm glad I took a chance, this could be one of those scents that started out badly but grows on me more and more.