Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Ancient cypresses draped in champaca orchid, pink rose petals, lavender milk, and blackcurrant bud.

Fuzzy lavender with cypress in the background. On me, lavender is by far the strongest note. I don't get so much of a milk quality to it as fuzzy, a more warm and cozy lavender. As the scent wears, I can pick out the cypress, but it stays in the background. The other listed notes don't register for me, but I think overall are contributing to a plant based, slightly floral, fuzzy quality to the scent. Overall, I'd describe this as a cozy lavender scent with more plant leaning woods notes in the background.

On me this is a very barbershop lavender, kind of poofy and a little soapy (not a bad thing).  I can detect champaca orchid but it doesn't take over the scent like champaca sometimes does on me.  

I think after a while the rose starts to come out but it's polite.  I think the cypress comes out some more too, a softer woody note.  But overall the scent doesn't change a whole lot over time. 

I think this is a gentle and cozy lavender scent, like samanare said above.  It's not too similar to other bpal lavender scents I've tried.  Also it reminds me of a non-bpal scent called Antiheros, which makes me happy because I always wanted more of that but never got around to it (I have a little bit of a sample left). And this is actually better.

the lavender is def present in the bottle and freshly applied. i do not detect rose at all, and i usually amp it. lavender milk is a good description, to me this is almost like a pink lavender. like it's there in a delicate and sweet way as opposed to aggressively herbal. not getting any champa or cypress either.

Almost an hour into the drydown, the lavender loses some of its dominance of this blend. The other notes are still not coming out strongly for me, but the lavender dissolves into a well-blended pool of milky floral sweetness. After an hour and a half, the lavender is gone and I can detect a hint of pink roses coming out, definitely very subtle and powdery.

Lavender and champaca loveliness. This is very similar to Oblivion Railroad, to me, but softer and without labdanum and patchouli.

Edited by HerbGirl