Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This was such a surprise. Now, I amp roses like no ones business, so I expected that to be the dominant note on me. Not so. In the bottle and wet on the skin, it is SO much silk. As it dries down, a delightfully bitter black tea (specifically, I get an assam) comes to the front. The roses are there, but they aren't the star. I only detect the slightest hint of honey, so no worries about this going too sweet. I had expected this to be something closer to the family of Jezebel, but I am not at all disappointed with what it actually turned out to be.

Ooo. Almost peppery honeyed rose tea in the bottle.

Omg wtffff is that silk note?! It’s distant but vaguely familiar. To me personally it’s unlike anything I’ve ever smelled. This is so sophisticated.

Dries down into the super silky lightly honeyed tea rose laying on a bed of tea. This is truly as good as I was hoping, but a lot more unique. 

This one did not work on me, sadly. Not all tea rose scents do nowadays, and this one is somewhat high-pitched on me with the musky silk note. The bold black tea, which is strongest during the wet phase, hangs around in the background throughout the rest of the wear. At one point, I got a bit of funk from this, which I'm chalking up to a skin chemistry fail, likely due to my skin disagreeing with the rose. I don't get a ton of honey from this one and wish there were more sweetness to accompany the rose and the silk.

In the bottle, this is tea rose with a hint of something sort of high-pitched and medicinal (a quality I usually associate with mugwort as a note). However, once applied, that medicinal quality fades and the tea rose and honey amp up fast. I don't pick up much black tea in this -- on my skin, this is mostly soft, honeyed tea rose with a soft, sort of mallow-like note behind them (I don't know what notes go into the silk accord, but I'm guessing that's what I'm smelling). Reminds me a bit of TAL Rose-Tinted Mirror.

Soft, pretty and wistful. A gentle scent that really encapsulates the painting. The silk accord is kind of effervescent, but the scent overall is not pitchy or harsh. The tea rose really fades quickly but the tea and silk stick around for about 4 ish hours at full strength and then really fade. This is a little girl’s antique doll- well loved and passed down through generations, in a little silk dress her great-grandmother hand sewed. 

Edited by Weirdgirlpilled

this opens with silk, a little tea and a little rose. it's subtle at first then the tea blooms more as honey enters the picture. the tea adds a slightly astringent quality. later on, this ends up mostly rose and tea with a honey background and little hints of silk, then turns almost pure silky honey deep in the drydown. very pretty and has a bit of creaminess from the honey. 

Edited by theseagrows