Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Rain-slicked amber, wet cobblestone, ochre agarwood, tobacco absolute, tuberose, charred sandalwood, oakwood, leather, and myrrh tears dotted with cherry blossoms.

Wow This one transported me back in time.  so atmospheric. I stan for Wet Moon: Putney Road and this one is in that category but alot more complex.   Wet you get that misty rain walk along cobblestones, with the amber invoking those gas lamps they have in down town San Diego.  The dry down brings the leather of my boyfriends well worn leather jacket against my nose circa early 80s , with that good tobacco aroma baked in (fresh rolled or pipe tobacco, not the acrid cigarette smoke) and the hint of for some reason old spice aftershave (I think the wood and sandalwood?).  I can't find  the tuberose surprisingly.  Damn this got me in my feelings a little remembering 16 year old me.     Close to medium throw and medium staying power.

Huzzah for all the different leather notes from the lab! This one is a stunner: dark and soft, and tantalizingly tangled up with tobacco. I think the agarwood is cozied up in there as well, and who wouldn't be. Oak is present but not dominant at the start, and builds very gradually. I'm not getting aquatic as much as the very realistic impression of just having come in from the rain, which maybe qualifies as ozonic? I think Brianna really nails it tho, this is a perfect leather jacket situation. A good smelling samaritan has insisted that you take this jacket to drape over yourself so you can get out of the rain. Drying down there does seem to be a touch of sweet floral, but you gotta lean in to get a whiff. Maybe that's what I was wearing when I ducked under the dark leather. I feel like I gotta go write a romance novel now. Give this one a sniff, it is quite a composition!