Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A cluster of anemone against a backdrop of peonies, white silk musk, hyacinth, Madagascar vanilla, March tulips, and white rose.

100% tulips in the bottle.

This is a very seamlessly blended perfume where I can pick out zero of the notes on skin. That’s pretty rare for me. I’m not extremely familiar with a lot of different florals and the way they smell in real life although I love floral perfumes. 

As it wears, I can kiiiind of pick out the peony. Otherwise, this is a very fresh spring/high end scent. Definitely smells more mainstream, but I enjoy that.

I think I was expecting something like De Vos Unicorn, or any number of those soft vanillic florals over the years that I love, but this is more perfume counter floral, white/pink in nature.

Definitely going to be wearing this for more formal occasions, it’s not a casual oil.

This one is mostly about the floral notes. I get the white rose strongest during the wet phase, but the scent becomes more about the tulips and the peonies once dry (I'm not sure about the hyacinth -- to be honest, I'm not that familiar with it outside of Egle and don't know what the actual flower smells like), with the tulips being the strongest of the floral notes in the end. The floral notes are swirled with white musk, but sadly, I'm not getting much vanilla.

If you're looking for a nice spring floral scent, this should be up your alley, but if you're looking for a flormand with lots of vanilla to sweeten up these florals, you might be disappointed, unless you have better skin chemistry that will amp up that vanilla. 😅

Got this in the mail, tried it, and it held similarities to Avon's Rare Sapphires, nicely floral and commercial-ish, but not overtly perfumey, just nice and with a bright kick. 

Let rest a couple weeks, and this one bottle specifically stayed on my desk for no specific reason. Watched The Wolfman w/ Emily Blunt last night, and I'll be damned, this painting is in the antique shop scene. So naturally I had to retest today.

That vanilla is peeking out a bit more, but this is mostly about those pink, high end florals. Although it has a commercial vibe, it doesn't have that stronk alcohol oomph many commercial blends have, so I'm grateful. It's more subtle. It shares similarities to Awake and Ava but only in that commercial sense; it is very much it's own, springy thing. It's sexy and pretty in all the right places, but I do agree a bit more vanilla would be welcome.

Something vaguely citrusy, bright, and cheerful, I'd almost guess grapefruit, blood orange, or lime somewhere amongst the florals, but only just.

Definitely a keeper.

Layered with that new Brazil Nut Body Butter from Trader Joes today and got compliments, said I smelled warm like vanilla, and I agree with WoolyBee below, this will layer perfectly with other vanillas.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

I f*cking love this one!! This starts off as a beautiful, light floral. I’m not well versed enough in my floras to know if it’s peony, hyacinth, or tulip, but it’s really light and beautiful. The musk really grounds the florals. As it dries down, the vanilla really makes its presence known. It’s really stunning and quite ethereal. I agree that the vanilla is NOT the dominant note, but I think I may be getting it more than some of the other reviewers. I suspect it would pair beautifully with Zorya P to amplify the vanilla a bit more.