Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A troglobiotic scent: black opoponax, sibilant white musk, black moss, shadowed stone, moonmilk, and cave-bleached serpent scales.

In the bottle: almost a chemical leathery quality paired with opoponax. 

This is my most anticipated scent in a while. I loved the art and the idea of the scent

Wow. Very chemical. I can palpably feel the bleached cave and scales. Quite metallic.

Opoponax has all but disappeared into the background at this point. I can detect some moss slathered over a very humble white musk. It’s ever so earthy, but not by way of dirt, more like cold cave. If you’ve ever been in a cave and taken a whiff of a rock, this is a lot like that. Sheer, cold, damp, with the palest sweet quality.

Theres also this ever so slight weird resin. Without this, the scent would not be wearable to me. It’s ever so slight. It’s not hippy shop, but it’s like if you bought a rock at a hippy shop, took it home, and it still had a touch of incense on it weeks later.

I don’t know how to feel about this scent. Wasn’t what I expected, but in reality this is what I should have expected, if that makes sense. I think I like it. When it was threatening to go totally ozone/chemical at first I did not- but when the other notes appeared and that resin quality came out I started to understand it.

I think I dig it. It’s super unique, especially with that resin quality (moon milk?). But beware: it’s exactly what it says it is. You’re going to be wearing a bleached cave rock moss scent. Do with that what you will.

This is a pretty strange scent.  Basically I'm getting a kind of dirtied up leather but there's a perfumey haze about it, for a while.  Then later on more of the stone note comes out and it becomes smoother, some of the haze recedes a bit.  I agree with the review above on a lot of things, for example I also detect a sort of "bleached" thing going on.  

It's weird how elegant this is, given everything I said before, and I'm not quite sure I can pull it off, but it's definitely unique and interesting. 

Wet, this is a blast of musk and opoponax. As it dries, the snake scales take over. The snake scale note is very leathery, like a black leather in particular. I was kind of expecting this to be wet and stony, but I don't really get much aquatic or stone from this. There is something a warm and spicy in here, but that might be the opoponax. I can't pick out the moonmilk in particular, but I think it's adding a smooth sweetness to the other notes.

I think I'd sum this up as resinous and musky incense and leather. Not exactly my jam, but it was neat to try!

This is another scent based on art that shouldn't be picked apart. I've been wearing this since December and love it. The 'leather' was so strong I could smell it with the cap on. !!  As soon as I was brave enough to test it, that 'leather' smoothed out and was enveloped in the dark coolness of the rest of the perfume. I love the first review of this scent, and agree with most of what was written. Honestly, 'moonmilk' had my attention and, although I never smell the notes, I feel the cave. This is intensely beautiful. I wanted to review scents still fresh in my memory before I forget to review them at all, and might wear this one later today.