Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Sweet Amber, Praline, and Patchouli

I love the lab's sweet amber and am always there for patchouli, but this is more a praline single note on me and it does smell really authentically like praline.  The caramel with a hint of boozy butterscotch at first reminded me of the caramel in Red Lantern and it dries down to a fudgy caramel and something like creamy walnut and pecan.  I think the amber and patchouli just add a slight, toasty, woody quality to the nuttiness.  Very strong and sticks around all day on my skin.

Like Little Bird, this went straight gourmand / nutty baked good on me, very sweet and almost syrupy. Not what I was looking for at all. These duets/trios really need to include a short description of the actual scent.

Wowowowoww this is a perfect little fall scent. I put it on and immediately thought that it would be perfect for fall? really feels like something that would have been released with the weenies. my skin really holds onto the patchouli, but the praline adds such a pretty sweetness to it!!

This is a nutty bready chewy concoction with a slight kick of sticky praline that reads to me like liquid caramel. I don't get the patchouli.

If you like caramel/ butterscotch/ praline scents but want something more subtle, look this way.

Echoing the other reviews to say that I also get mostly praline. On my skin, the gobs of brown sugar and pecans are overtaken by cinnamon, nutmeg, dusty clove. The patchouli is in the background, threading the sugar-coated spices with rich incense.

This is a bit of a skin chemistry fail for me. I really amp baking spices and this is no exception. It was nice to try, though!