Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Coffee Bean, Jasmin Sambac, and Vanilla

Straight out of the mail: vanilla jasmine sambac. Definitely floral, definitely vanilla, but not foodie or sweet.

The effect of the vanilla and jasmine is the same as in La Prostitution et la Folie Dominent le Monde. Kind of creamy.

The coffee bean is not 1/3 of this, it’s more of an idea. Like if you’ve ever smelled YSL Black Opium. The coffee note is a lot like that. An aura more than a coffee shop. This is a little like if you took the orange blossom out of Black Opium and replaced it with jasmine.

The drydown ends up being perfumey, like a fancier scent. So far I REALLY LOVE IT. Jasmine is one of my favorite notes and I love Black Opium. 

I didn’t expect this scent to be what it is, as sophisticated as it is. I think I thought it might be more foody. I am so happy I tried this because its honestly so pretty.

Must love jasmine for this one. This scent is all floral, slightly heady jasmine on me. The vanilla might be there, but I can't pick it out on its own. And I'm not getting any coffee. No for me, but I'm not a big jasmine fan.

This is stunning. It's definitely not coffee forward, but coffee and vanilla provide the perfect amount of dark and sweet to back up a delicate jasmine. And I do mean delicate - it's neither an indolic nor a big brassy "get ready boys!" kind of jasmine. 

On application, the jasmine is definitely the leading note, but this only lasts for the first 15-30 minutes or so. As it wears on my exposed wrist the vanilla really opens up, and it's a scrumptious rich vanilla flavored with coffee, but the scent stays close to the skin. In the crook of my elbow and under my shirt I get a sultry combo of jasmine and coffee together, and where the oil has gotten on my shirt a bit, the jasmine remains forward.

This seems like the kind of vanilla that might age well, and I really enjoy how it wears right now, so I'm thinking about a bottle.

A lot of dense narcotic non-sweet jasmine. There's a smoky element probably coming from the coffee bean? I get no vanilla. Reminds a lot of the jasmine from Luna Azul.

It's funny how we all pick up on different parts of scents! I get a sweet, heady but non-indolic jasmine sambac with airy vanilla. The coffee is kind of present at the beginning but quickly fades on me. Jasmine dominates overall, as it is wont to do. I really like jasmine + vanilla, so this is a win for me.

This was all jasmine on me, with no coffee bean or vanilla (unless the vanilla was contributing to the slight powderiness I got from the jasmine after a while). It's not an indolic jasmine, but it still has major throw. I was really hoping for lots of coffee bean from this, backed by vanilla and a hint of creamy floral, but this is a jasmine party.