Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Silvertree

Time is a Phoenix

A nest of straw, palo santo, patchouli root, and crystalized myrrh gum engulfed in a conflagration
of scorched sandalwood, Indonesian clove, nutmeg, saffron, and Ceylon cinnamon. 

Time is a Phoenix is a scent of the mythical and miraculous, but also of the intensely, personally, mundane. Fed on tears of sacred incense, resinous and volcanic, honeyed and bittersweet, fanning its own ancient, acrid spice-scented flames, a fiery vision of scarlet and gold and eternal return, the scent left in wake of this being is incendiary, incandescent, immortal. 

But there is also this. A funeral pyre flipped through a pinhole in the darkened chamber of a camera obscura, the ashes of the afterimage captured in a winding sheet of amber: the wild, joyful zest of loving, the sour sighing sorrow of leaving, the impossible weeping, sweating, earthly-tethered, salty-sweetness of living– and through it all, climbing into our own, us-shaped mortal infernos, again and again, and again.

{TLDR; it’s very earthy, warm, rich resins and spice}

Fresh from the mail, this is a warm blend of smoky-sweet spice, grounded by sacred woods and resins. Utterly beautiful and wearable, but certainly too precious to waste, much like time itself.

Holy shit…I wish I could douse every article of clothing I own in this enchanted mixture. It reminds me a little of Sunbird, probably because of the cinnamon & scorched sandalwood combination but the palo santo & crystallized myrrh are the true stars here for me. The drydown is like a cashmere wrap of soft spices and honestly it makes me feel like an ancient beautiful crone. I’m obsessed.

Edited by Geminirubyshoes

I think this is the most spicy BPAL I've tried yet! I can almost feel the heat in my throat on a deep sniff. Sweet, dry, spicy goodness. It really smells like an olfactory conflagration; very fire element coded. The patchouli is, to my nose, the same sweet patch as in Silky Bat. I wouldn't recommend to those sensitive to cinnamon, but this is really lovely if you like spice! 

Edit: the dry-down almost gives me a gorgeous dry tobacco note association; not sure if that's because of something in the blend or my brain associating the clove with Clove Cigarette? Either way, yum.

Edited by feyofthefellwood